Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Weapons Tradeable?

Fusseltuch

I for one don't like that Syndicate stuff is tradable. Makes the choice of which syndicate you pledge to seem inconsequential; or the need to join one at all, if you can simply trade for all the perks of membership. 

I'd kind of like choices in this game to differentiate players. And players, like myself, who would want access to every weapon and mod, should have to go through the ranks of each Syndicate to get them. If you want all the top tier stuff the game has to offer, you should have to work that much harder for it.

just my view, at least. I know not many will agree.

I have a solution.  Any weapon mod you have from an opposing syndicate, should have "cracked" stats.  These "cracked" stats will remain until you are in good terms with said syndicate.  I don't like the word nerf.

Or.

Weapon mods from your opposing syndicate have a reduced percentage that affects your allied syndicate points/standing.

Or.

Don't make them tradable period.  But wait a couple of months so I can have them all :^)

I for one don't like that Syndicate stuff is tradable. Makes the choice of which syndicate you pledge to seem inconsequential; or the need to join one at all, if you can simply trade for all the perks of membership. 

I'd kind of like choices in this game to differentiate players. And players, like myself, who would want access to every weapon and mod, should have to go through the ranks of each Syndicate to get them. If you want all the top tier stuff the game has to offer, you should have to work that much harder for it.

-agrees-

That looks like the ballistica wraith...guess it wasnt a wraith ballistica.

c0YPi6I.jpg?1

I'm not really liking the stats so far, but having the viral aoe proc seems great.

From 80 puncture, to 80 impact.

What? Did I just suddenly started using blunt arrowheads or something? :L

I'm worried DE doesn't want people just buying them off trading, and hence made them untradable.

Not allowing us t trade though, would be kinda like punishing us for a chocie we made earlier when we ddint have all the cards ont he table :/

I dunno I'll try and be optimistic

actually- if we trade we might purchase more plat and that helps DE.

No one forces you to trade them if you dont want them to be traded dont trade . However i like it and i will trade them so everyone is happy

This sounds horrible- the cost is to great!

I feel the same T_T

NDWDMib.jpg?1

Comparison.

Total base damage is the same, but I don't dig the switch with Impact and Puncture damage. The mag size is also larger on the Rakta

Edited by Nebam

As a collector let me tell you that I'd much rather buy them than farm them. Normal weapons are hard enough to farm, syndicate farming is boring and has already burnt me out in the first week. As a new player it might not be that bad, but as a person with nothing left but syndicates(And now U15.5 stuff, archwing I don't count because I hate archwing) I really, really, REALLY freaking hate syndicates.

I feel the same T_T

NDWDMib.jpg?1

Comparison.

Total base damage is the same, but I don't dig the switch with Impact and Puncture damage. The mag size is also larger on the Rakta

I guess you can say Rakta got rekt . Besides what bolt is and has impact a brick arrow? XD

No one forces you to trade them if you dont want them to be traded dont trade . However i like it and i will trade them so everyone is happy

Not a point of what someone wants or not. It invalidates choice of Syndicates - why bother with deciding if you can get all rewards anyway? It's just another iteration of clan research at this point. And with current rates of Reputation income, everyone will have all weapons before Christmas.

eh...syndicate ballistica deals the same damage except its impact instead of puncture? isnt that a nerf? :|

was kinda hoping for better...considering ballistica is one of the worst weapon in the game... 

Not a point of what someone wants or not. It invalidates choice of Syndicates - why bother with deciding if you can get all rewards anyway? It's just another iteration of clan research at this point. And with current rates of Reputation income, everyone will have all weapons before Christmas.

I dont see if aeveryone has weapons is a bad thing they are not meant to be exclusive either way because they are not from events .regardless it does not promote syndicate choise since you can trade every mod and weapon with anyone . If it was the opposite and they were syndicate exclusive then yes it would be  a bad think because they would force to pick a certain syndicate for a certain weapon . Not to mention if they were exclusive there would be no way to obtain them it would be insanly grinding and time spending just to recover -44k from each syndicate . Thus able to trade them is a GOOD thing

eh...syndicate ballistica deals the same damage except its impact instead of puncture? isnt that a nerf? :|

was kinda hoping for better...considering ballistica is one of the worst weapon in the game... 

They have other hidden stats to them like the weapon mods (like Justice or Blight procs etc).

Don't write them off before using them.

Edited by fatpig84

They have other hidden stats to them like the weapon mods (like Justice or Blight procs etc).

Don't write them off before using them.

Even then, they didn't really receive much of a buff like all the other weapons. Most of the other weapons got higher status+crit chances, slight damage boosts and mag size...while the Ballistica only got a larger mag size. The switch from Puncture to Impact isn't really going to do much help too. I'd rather it be puncture for grineer and void.

I'm not really trying to sound as if I'm whining, but the other weapons outshine this one. The ballistica also hasn't really been that great of a weapon either since dmg 2.0. 

Eh. Welp, I'm now working towards the Marelok. Should hopefully have it within 3 days

Edited by Nebam

Because you still need to rely on someone else in order to get the weapon, which means that for solo players (like me), we really will still have to interact in order to complete our collection, and spend something else other than relatively easy-to-get Standing.

As someone who's long been against exclusivity, having Syndicate items be tradeable is something I agree on.

Because you still need to rely on someone else in order to get the weapon, which means that for solo players (like me), we really will still have to interact in order to complete our collection, and spend something else other than relatively easy-to-get Standing.

As someone who's long been against exclusivity, having Syndicate items be tradeable is something I agree on.

Only interaction it provides is "WTB X", "I have X, 200 Plat", "Ok, thx". This really adds nothing to contact with other players.

And it's not a question of exclusivity, it's the question of working towards your goal - currently there is no goal, those weapons mean nothing. When Syndicates (called Proxy Wars) were announced, it was "you work for faction and get rewarded for your dedication with something unique". Now you even don't have to work for them, you just need some plat. As I said, Syndicates are just extension of clan research, with exception that it is much easier to obtain all guns. IMO it should be "choose one Syndicate, live with consequences".