Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Math

Llyssa

actually, most people trade for plat. The big cash cows are the prime access packs(that's why they keep churning them out) and the steam bundles(those go on sale every 3 months or so, which suggests it's a lucrative option for them every time it's done).

true...most people do trade for plat...but where does that plat come from to start with? somebody has to buy it to get it in circulation

You completely overlooked that keys can be shared, so its 9 short defense missions minimum, not 30. She's a lot easier than Hydroid, who I still don't have.

IF you get all her parts in a row or even after a couple 10-100 runs. Good luck. Mesa = another Hydroid with more bullS#&$ sprinkled on top.

It's a tangible but slow aquisition. Likely we're going to see. Guaranteed spawn of at least one nav per outbreak, maybe 2, and infestations pop daily at this point. I know because I'm a daily completionist for missions, both alerts, infestations, and syndicates, and all of my infestations have approximately an 18 hour max turnaround.

I just decided to buy the bundle. Got nothing better to spend plat on.

I don't regret it.

Yet.

You can bet your last platinum, though, that by doing so you have helped to ensure that all future content is added behind greater and more frustrating grindwalls. Start looking for the next game to enjoy because you are going to find this one becoming less and less fun very quickly.

Yet.

You can bet your last platinum, though, that by doing so you have helped to ensure that all future content is added behind greater and more frustrating grindwalls. Start looking for the next game to enjoy because you are going to find this one becoming less and less fun very quickly.

i douht DE would start going down that route.  without free players, all those who pay would have few and few people to play with, trade with, and thus some content would become harder to do due to lack of players.  they do these updates with getting some extra plat going but also put into consideration what the community does or does not like.  sadly, grind walls are really the only way to slow down people and quite having so many "everything is so boring bc their nothing new bc i was able to get what i wanted in 1 week/less

i douht DE would start going down that route.  without free players, all those who pay would have few and few people to play with, trade with, and thus some content would become harder to do due to lack of players.  they do these updates with getting some extra plat going but also put into consideration what the community does or does not like.  sadly, grind walls are really the only way to slow down people and quite having so many "everything is so boring bc their nothing new bc i was able to get what i wanted in 1 week/less

I can see what you are saying but using grindwalls to cure player boredom is not the solution in my opinion. It never worked when I was a kid.

"Mum, I'm bored!"

"Then go tidy your bedroom."

"Nevermind, I'm off out".

Didn't work then, won't work now. Cure boredom by giving us something fun to do, not more of the same, repetitive grind that is devoid of all fun.

Give us content - new planets, new missions, new quests, new bosses. Not the pretense of content - new frame locked behind lazily developed grindwall.

Edited by Bansidhe

I can see what you are saying but using grindwalls to cure player boredom is not the solution in my opinion. It never worked when I was a kid.

"Mum, I'm bored!"

"Then go tidy your bedroom."

"Nevermind, I'm off out".

Didn't work then, won't work now. Cure boredom by giving us something fun to do, not more of the same, repetitive grind.

Give us content - new planets, new missions, new quests, new bosses. Not the pretense of content - new frame locked behind lazily developed grindwall.

so your saying you want everything easy?

Actually a good change for ALL the keys should be to make them way more common but require every player to have one, you know, that taste when you find a keyshare pug and the promoter leech your key off and leave after the 1st run?

Ofc one should also possibly gift a key to a friend.

and it also is a problem when you get kicked during countdown, that has been a problem for me since u14 and still hasnt been fixed

so your saying you want everything easy?

No, quote the part where I have said that.

You speak as if there is no middle ground between easy, giveaway and ridiculous grindwall. Disliking one extreme does not mean that I instantly favour the opposite extreme. That is really messed up logic.

If you read what I asked for I asked for genuine, new content and not artificial difficulty in the shape of endless tedium.

Oh, and you forgot to mention that you can only get the coordinates you need from invasions that appear randomly and may or may not have them, and are usually when you're not on and/or are over from the swarm of players before you even get the chance to finish it. So yeah, there's that. I honestly don't know what DE was thinking this time lol. I'm guessing the hard work and overtime got to them, so it's excusable But I think they need to change it in the best way they can ASAP or it might be #Vivergate all over again....

Why do people who choose to play a multi-player game alone need special consideration?

The game can be played solo or multiplayer. Just check the matchmaker options and you will see. Neither group (solo players or multiplayer er.. players) deserves to be treated any differently.

Sigh, these people after every update.. - -'

It's a grinder game, that's how it's supposed to be and for me it is kind of fun, because you have more activity to look forward too and you're further from end game, don't tell me it pleases you to just do 1 mission per frame part, rush everything, get the frame on the same day it comes out and lvl it up right away. That would take one day.. then what? ask for more updates? 

People leave if it's too easy, they reach end game and don't have anything else to do. Don't be lazy!

I'd like to note, 2 current evolutions of the mesa thing:

1. "keyshare"--"if we all have keys...."

2. KS scam--"sure, I have a key" and then ditches the second they're expected to use theirs.

The first is a necessity... the second is the only option for people sporting 3 chasis and a systems... recruiting channel seems rather angry about #2, it's common enough that there's a consensus that it's common. =(

Sigh, these people after every update.. - -'

It's a grinder game, that's how it's supposed to be and for me it is kind of fun, because you have more activity to look forward too and you're further from end game, don't tell me it pleases you to just do 1 mission per frame part, rush everything, get the frame on the same day it comes out and lvl it up right away. That would take one day.. then what? ask for more updates? 

People leave if it's too easy, they reach end game and don't have anything else to do. Don't be lazy!

While it is a grinder game, it would seem that the grind for this particular Warframe has gone a bit too far due to the fact that the one thing that made the grind bearable and possible; the player had the power on how much they would grind in a given time.

There are way too many random factors at work here: the randomness of the invasions, the randomness of the reward actually being the coordinate you need, the fact that you can't stop everyone else from rushing the node, and the randomness of obtaining the blueprint part you need from the boss. 

As there is no official word as to how else the frame can be obtained outside of the current system, aside from platinum purchasing, the concern is understandable. 

While it is a grinder game, it would seem that the grind for this particular Warframe has gone a bit too far due to the fact that the one thing that made the grind bearable and possible; the player had the power on how much they would grind in a given time.

There are way too many random factors at work here: the randomness of the invasions, the randomness of the reward actually being the coordinate you need, the fact that you can't stop everyone else from rushing the node, and the randomness of obtaining the blueprint part you need from the boss. 

As there is no official word as to how else the frame can be obtained outside of the current system, aside from platinum purchasing, the concern is understandable. 

A lot of things in this game are random you can spend weeks on farming certain prime warframes too, matter of luck, but hey somehow you manage to get it.

Same with this, invasions haven't gotten enough attention and they implemented something that would keep them alive. Who prefer will farm some rare stuff, sell it and get it for platinum, some will farm for it. It's your choice.

I am almost sure they've thought it through and invasions will either have a boost in quantity or rewards. (not sure cause I have yet to farm them)

Anyway, my point is, the update was already rushed as it is, we got it sooner so we can compensate by farming for it a bit longer, don't like to farm, don't.

My Mesa Math:

Rhino Roar - Maxed power strength build can now give an OVERALL dmg buff of 140% to EVERYONE nearby.

OVERALL = EVERYTHING THAT DOES DMG

Mesa's Shooting Gallery - Maxed power strength build will give a 70% dmg buff to RANGE ONLY and will be given to people at RANDOM.

RANGE ONLY = NOTHING BUT YOUR GUNS