The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Grinding :why It's Terrible

Deidaku

THe frame as said by many other is the hardest frame to aquire. Fair enough...but by such a marching it's ridiculous, i'm not gonna even bother farming or spending plat on getting her....

Even after the hydroid grind , which is still pretty bad ....this happens...come on DE  did you expect a different Reaction.

yes there needs to be some income, the frame shouln't be too easy to acquire....

But the way I see it: people are gonna farm for Mesa , and then stop playing because of burnout. it's a lose lose situation  imo

and for the love of RNGjesus please give us an option to fight bosses without having  to sell our soul to the RNG gods .

i've fought Vay Hek twice.....twice

Edited by Deidaku

People compaining of having nothing to do...

DE puts a long trip frame to get, people cry it's too long...

*confused*

The issue is not the grind but at least for me personally the RNG issue.

I have to be online, be fast enough to do the outbreak 3 times and get lucky with drops on Salad V? That just plain sucks.

*confused*

Because people still have nothing to do. We're just sitting here waiting for an RNG-based mission to happen.

Vay hek was farmable, Mirage was farmable, Limbo was farmable. Why? We had infinite tries per day at progressing forward. Here? Our tries are based on how fine and dandy RNGsus is feeling today, hoping he at least gives us one attempt.

Mesa is actually easier to get than Hydroid, depending on your beacon-farming strategy; the nav components for Mesa are a "guaranteed" "drop," comparatively. it's not so much time consuming as it is waiting the components to be offered, which I wouldn't really categorize as "hard." The easiest way to get Mesa is keeping tabs on Invasion rewards, made easier via a 3rd-party program that tracks and alerts you to that kind of thing (I'm using the iPad app.) Does the @WarframeAlerts Twitter incorporate invasions? I forget. It really isn't that bad, I swear. It's certainly way easier than getting Vauban, for another comparison.

Maybe I'm just the kind of weirdo that considers waiting for opportunity to be a gameplay mechanic.

Edited by Retrospecter

What is the rush? The event isnt due to finish for days plus you might not like the new warframe play style.

Let the impatient do the grinding. Enjoy what you have, read the endless amount of moaning about it on the forum and research.

There's a huge flaw in what you said and it is the main issue that everyone is complaining (Or "Moaning") about.

The impatient CANNOT GRIND for Mesa.

Edited by Sarmon

Why in the world couldn't DE just made Mutant Salad the boss for Eris? Infested planet, infested boss, should be a tea party. Alternately, why not just make the Mutalist Nav Coordinates drop like Golem Nav Coordinates, dropping from lockers, containers and enemies while running Infested invasion missions? Raise the cap requirement for the Salad key to add a little grind but at least you are not restricted on how many times you can run the mission to farm for them. Would also give a reason for running the invasions, rather than them being left to rot for two weeks because no one can be assed playing them.

The issue is not the grind but at least for me personally the RNG issue.

I have to be online, be fast enough to do the outbreak 3 times and get lucky with drops on Salad V? That just plain sucks.

At least its fun compared to Vay Hek. With Vay you had to kill the invincible melee freaks... With this one its just play the mission... literally... thats it... This is actually easier. The Vay Hek was a total nightmare...

edit: however... HOWEVER it would be nice if the navs dropped from the new, unreleased armored infested. Now that would be a treat...

Edited by Arlayn

There's a huge flaw in what you said and it is the main issue that everyone is complaining (Or "Moaning") about.

The impatient CANNOT GRIND for Mesa.

The impatient need to go play ANOTHER game perhaps?

Guild Wars had an entire region of the game locked out depending on which part of the world had control. Cry me a river.

*confused*

Syndicates is nothing to do?

*Confused Indeed*

Well you sir a living jackass

YOU TELL'EM

IGNORE THAT ABUSIVE WARNING :)

WELL WORTH TELLING HIM!

The impatient need to go play ANOTHER game perhaps?

Guild Wars had an entire region of the game locked out depending on which part of the world had control. Cry me a river.

And who here played that game exactly?

At least its fun compared to Vay Hek. With Vay you had to kill the invincible melee freaks... With this one its just play the mission... literally... thats it... This is actually easier. The Vay Hek was a total nightmare...

edit: however... HOWEVER it would be nice if the navs dropped from the new, unreleased armored infested. Now that would be a treat...

Except it take way too long to fight them each time you want to.

Why in the world couldn't DE just made Mutant Salad the boss for Eris? Infested planet, infested boss, should be a tea party. Alternately, why not just make the Mutalist Nav Coordinates drop like Golem Nav Coordinates, dropping from lockers, containers and enemies while running Infested invasion missions? Raise the cap requirement for the Salad key to add a little grind but at least you are not restricted on how many times you can run the mission to farm for them. Would also give a reason for running the invasions, rather than them being left to rot for two weeks because no one can be assed playing them.

They love hiding bosses behind walls.

Until they put a boss node on Earth and Eris, those planets have NO boss. Only cowards in hiding. Real bosses don't hide. They wait and kill you.

That is all.

Until they put a boss node on Earth and Eris, those planets have NO boss. Only cowards in hiding. Real bosses don't hide. They wait and kill you.

Actually, that makes sense for both Vay Hek and Alad V. 

Vay Hek went into hiding to evade us when we destroyed his Fomorian Cores (although now that we have the Balor Formorians coming, it is a bit moot), and Alad V went into hiding to avoid being killed by us to stop his fanatical Mutalist Empire. 

^Exactly, they're cowards. They are merely beefy capture targets, no more...

Real bosses don't run, they stay n fight like a boss.

They got balls of steal. V and Hek lost their cojones.

Vor is a perfect example of a true boss, his &#! got handed to him and he comes back for more...For revenge.

He actually hunts you down.

Edited by Jinryusai

Actually, Mesa grindwall is smaller than Hydroid one, especially if you pool your resources with other players. Although I do have to agree that getting all three parts in only three runs was incredible luck on my part.

All I'd have to wish for would be having more than one damn salad beacon mission per invasion.

That and the boss actually working properly. The way I've seen it, he just randomly went into 'I can be damaged' states while being constantly stunlocked, and his 'control' only resulted in my abilities not working properly after he died.

Also, OP, I feel your pain. I fought Hek quite a few times by now, and I STILL didn't get all the hydroid parts.

Edited by GTG3000

Well, Alad V is more like a boss than Vay Hek. 

At least Alad V would go down fighting. Vay Hek just escapes to live another day. 

Vor is a perfect example of a true boss, his @$$ got whooped and he comes back for more...For revenge.

He actually hunts you down.

Edited by Jinryusai