The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did Everyone Forget About Limbo? The Most Hated Frame.

ensignvidiot

I write this topic in utter frustration.

My Limbo is currently rank 17, I enjoy playing him a bit. Coming up with strategies and builds during the leveling as been a fun and challenging process. Honestly, I haven't had this much fun messing around with enemies since i started with Loki over a year and a half ago. Its interesting to manipulate the battlefield in such a different way than mr #MasterRace. (Currently, my most fun time is banishing on really nasty heavy... then my kubrow, and let the pup enjoy her new chewtoy)

But I've only enjoyed playing this frame Solo... which is horrible.

Im a social gamer, I like playing with other humans (even if they are as silent as the Tenno we play).

And now, just shy of a dozen public games with Limbo, each and every game I've been (politely) asked to not use my powers.

None of them.

At all.

At least 6-12 (it was one or two people in each PUG) believed that the frame was so detrimental to group play, that they'd rather not see one at all.

And this is AFTER the hotfix that allowed banished players to escape from Trololombos that where popping up in games here and there.

This trend in public games is so common, I'm starting to think i wasted a potato on the frame, and i should try WarSupport to see if i can get it uninstalled.

I know it may just be my luck with people. But its still disheartening to play a frame that people just dont see as a useful frame anymore.

Since the focus of the WarforumsMob switched from Limbo Players to the Grind Golem that stands between players and Mesa (its a golem... you can climb walls eventually. This Golem hides from us behind Invasions. Truly, he is one stealthy Grind Golem) I fear that the issues surrounding Limbo will get forgotten in light of the 'new shiny'.

Ah, rant over.

As you were.

People don't like unfamiliar things so they say things like "Limbo is useless" or "Mesa is useless". 

Ive been getting more of "You are playing the frame that makes things hard and not fun for me"

Give it some time. Or just use your powers as usual and tell them that they can escape the trolling hellspace by rolling.

Yeah, i do. But everyone still gripes with Cataclysm. As noone can pick up anything until the effect ends.

Well, at Limbo's current state, he provides nothing but trolling.

Mesa's basically useless as well.

Hydroid... well. He's Hydroid.

In "current state" limbo provides a lot. But yenno, ignorance is bliss, yeah? Same goes for mesa. Not even close to basically useless, unless you're one of those people who think that rhino is master race. Hydroid is hydroid indeed.

I've only played with a couple Limbos.  I think I was Banished at one point, but not certain because it was during a Corpus mission and I was spamming Shield Pol. : / 

I have no complaints about the guy, feel free to add me!  I'd love some peeps to run with, getting tired of PUGs.

Limbo in my experience is a pretty situational frame. He just doesnt bring much to the table that other frames cant do better. I dont think hes a bad frame by any means but I do think he needs to be looked at and buffed to compete with other "top tier" frames.

There are a few situations where he excells though. His 1, 2, and 3 when used in unison can make him a very effective heavy killer. Ive also found that his 4 works very well with frosts snowglobe to provide an extra line of defense in high wave defense and long survival missions. The innate energy per second restore also works very well with energy hungry builds.

Limbo really could be in a much worse place though. He could be saryn who only has 1 ability thats questionably useful late game.

Also I dont know what you guys mean about hydriod. Hydriods awesome if built and played correctly (really that goes for all frames). Every skill has utility, damage, and some kind of CC, I wish more frames were like that.

Limbo is a useful frame, you just happened to find people who don't appreciate his potential. He is a situational Warframe, but this is far from being a waste of space. IMHO you're better off finding a group who can find a use for Limbo, or play with friends.

EDIT: let me ask you, how does one escape from troll Limbos' Banish?

Edited by Vintovka

Limbo is a useful frame, you just happened to find people who don't appreciate his potential. He is a situational Warframe, but this is far from being a waste of space. IMHO you're better off finding a group who can find a use for Limbo, or play with friends.

EDIT: let me ask you, how does one escape from troll Limbos' Banish?

Jump into pits, Banish cancelled.

For me I typically keep up the 3 then pop 4 so that I can devastate crowds, other than that I use 2 to escape and revive allies. Don't much touch the 1.

thats another issue i have with the frame

its a single target banish, which is great for saving allies (if they'd ever ask for it) but for dealing with huge swarms of enemies, why would you ever NOT push 4?

and almost every time i cast Cataclysm, i get a complain from at least one other tenno. I tried my damnnest to not be 'That Guy' when i play Loki or Vauban, it seems almost effortless now to do it on accident, as someone's day is ruined on each ability cast it seems

Cool concept for a frame, but i dont think Limbo will ever fit well in a group until he gets another once-over with Mesa.