Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hubs Vs Focus

PerpetualVoid

Remember when Focus was talked about?  I do.

What ever happened to that.  I miss it.

Hubs while a great idea don't really add much to the game.

I'd like to see Hubs get put on the back burner and Focus come to the front.  Seemed a more fruitful endeavour.

I'm all for a place to gather, but I was told that this year was a year for more endgame and from what I had read all of the interest was on focus.

I hope I'm not alone here.  I'm a little worried at the direction warframe is taking lately.

focus has been re-done like a dozen times

they're still working on it

hubs has just come up faster (ie less reworks)

sadly i do NOT like that all syndicates are in the same hub =[, as this is really ridiculous IMHO (if they hate each other and are willing to kill each other, they should NOT be in the same hub together)

focus has been re-done like a dozen times

they're still working on it

hubs has just come up faster (ie less reworks)

sadly i do NOT like that all syndicates are in the same hub =[, as this is really ridiculous IMHO (if they hate each other and are willing to kill each other, they should NOT be in the same hub together)

I totally agree with this. it makes no sense for the teno in the hubs either. were as an encounter with the red veil who hate  me would go like this. me. "hi there stupid >:)" red veil leader "hmph! get out!"

it should be more like this. Me "hey looser! I just killed your hit squad what you gonna do now!? >:)" red veil leader "eheh-haha!.... shoot him!"

me. "heh id like to see-(BANG DEAD)"

in fact as you  said cyber the whole place should just be a warzone by the time any teno even gets there. if there is even a hub left by the end of it.

and don't worry about the last bit of this post. i messed up a bit there.

Edited by Agentcheese

They said numerous times that Focus was U16.

When you find one I'll believe you.  Nothing has ever been set in stone for Focus.  It's just that whenever it gets asked on the dev streams the answer is, "Being reworked......again".

Guess I just feel that hubs are a shiny distraction away from the fact that Focus is going through another delay.  Like, "Yes, we are reworking Focus, but have I shown you this shiny thing over here?"

I just don't understand why something that is so useless is being touted instead of something that actually adds to the game.  I probably never will.  Unless they are going to add Hub weapons...... 

Don't get me wrong I know DE is working very hard.  I just wish they would put the resources working on hubs to work on Focus.

Edited by PerpetualVoid

When you find one I'll believe you.  Nothing has ever been set in stone for Focus.  It's just that whenever it gets asked on the dev streams the answer is, "Being reworked......again".

Guess I just feel that hubs are a shiny distraction away from the fact that Focus is going through another delay.  Like, "Yes, we are reworking Focus, but have I shown you this shiny thing over here?"

I just don't understand why something that is so useless is being touted instead of something that actually adds to the game.  I probably never will.  Unless they are going to add Hub weapons...... 

Fine, I'll go find the devstream that Steve said it in. I'll edit this post or make a new one when I find it.

I went through devstreams 39 and 41 (skimming through specifically question asking parts) and can't find it. I'll keep looking though, cause I know he said it.

Edited by Kaiczar

I agree with what CY13ERPUNK said, having ennemy factions right next to each other in hubs feels weird. As in the meantime, they seem to constantly hunt each other members to death.

Also, I agree with OP too and don't feel that Hubs are going to bring much to the gameplay. It can bring some social links between players though!

Syndicates have three options..

1) Don't establish themselves on the Hub while their rivals do, limiting their possible face time with mercenaries for recruitment.

2) Start a War with the Hub and in effect start a war with the Tenno to kill a few of their rivals.

3) Bite the bullet and have recruiters at a focus point of that Orbit and have a chance at recruiting neutral agents  and do general PR for their side.

1 gains nothing.. 2 makes them a target.. 3 has the possibility of advantages..

I ask this, why /wouldn't/ the Syndicates set up shop?

Also, I agree with OP too and don't feel that Hubs are going to bring much to the gameplay. It can bring some social links between players though!

Social links between players IMO was the whole purpose of Hubs.

When I was in Hubs (when it was for MR15 or Founders, I was both xD), one guy said that Warframe felt for first time like a real MMO, and I agree with him, so many people at once.

Edited by DarkNebula

Hubs are hubs it just a place jumpacked with tenno's. Focus is an entirely different thing that requires months or years of planning.

So unless I wanted to be more disappointed I would prefer to wait. Nothing to do? Play a different game and comeback latr.

Edited by Oranji

Focus

It's something like a class system, but because it's constantly reworks, it's hard to explain it with certainty.

What we do know is it's an account wide thing.  So you level your focus at affects everything.  Other than that not much is known.

Could you write all my stuff?  It will bring more interaction between players.  In the beginning.  Then in about a week it will die down and people will go back to region chat and, oh I don't know, playing the game?  Or it will just replace region chat.  So can we rename hubs to 3D region chat?

Yes because as of right now, Focus will change the game right?
Please, all it is, is that you gain more experience through classes that are unlocked for your warframe.

You're still playing the same maps, the same game-modes but you level up some more and gain some passive abilities. 

Yes because as of right now, Focus will change the game right?

Please, all it is, is that you gain more experience through classes that are unlocked for your warframe.

You're still playing the same maps, the same game-modes but you level up some more and gain some passive abilities. 

All of this is based on mastery and if it was that simple why hasn't it come out?

I would rather then having Hubs, have specific location for each of the syndicates, their own land, sort of like a mission which you enter and it's up to you how you aproach the faction, and also up to your standing with them. For example, enemy of the red veil, enteres their teritory, red veil starts to hunt him down and by the time he gets to the leader, leader is gone and left only some information laying around, that can be sold to other factions for extra reputation gain.

This makes much more sense, then having all syndicates in one building, where they magicly appear, don't react to each other, wait steadily for you to walk in, and talk to them.

I would have plenty of game changing ideas that would help the game with it's current state but, it's a waste of time and breath to write anything down, when DE doesn't read it. Because 99% of forum threads have not a single reply from DE staff, unless it's about some harmless thing like cats in warframe, or something that won't require much of a serious discusion to begin with. 

After year and 8 months, I'm really losing faith in DE and their grand work, Warframe. All they introduced was grind so far, and even things like Hubs are not thought through with keeping in mind the whole universe Tenno is supposed to live in. Or fact that you can freely work for Grineer to get battle pay, kill dozens of corpus and then, work for Corpus and kill grineer, like the factions don't even mind it...because there is no serious consequence system, you don't gain actual reputation with anything or anyone, even syndicates are just plain grind to the top, but nothing changes, you don't get interesting missions to play for them, it's regular mission RNG generated with syndicate points slaped to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry. Hubs will add a whole lot to the game once they are finished, and Focus, which has been going through tons of changes, is still on its way.

too bad i cant go into hubs because i lose connection (have a bad connection) so it'll never have a whole lot of anything for me.  Focus system sounded bad i hope they don't do it.