The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Interesting Tid-Bit In The Alad V Quest...

Evanescent

So I noticed that the Lotus says something peculiar when fighting the Infested Mesa:

That's not a Tenno. That's a hollow Warframe being puppeted by Infested flesh. Put it out of its misery.

So the Tenno inhabit the Warframes (implied by hollow). What I find very interesting is that the Lotus says  Put it out of its misery. 

Can this mean that the Warframes themselves are organisms, alive? This could mean that the Tenno and the Warframes have a kind of symbiotic relationship, or could be simply just something the Lotus said.

What do you think? Discuss, please, and keep it civil and on-topic! :)

She was talking about the infested inhabiting the Warframe. Also, we already know that warframes are suits. It's been confirmed multiple times in-game by various codex entires, Lotus and even Vor.

There's no reason that the suit itself couldn't be organic, a la Evangelion/Guyver.

Honestly, the whole idea of Lotus is an an example of immature thinking. All of the Tenno just listen to what the Lotus says because she saved our lives, but what if she has her own agenda? How do we know she is trustworthy? The Tenno will never know until they break free from the chains of immature thinking and enter the world of enlightened thinking (Sorry, had to). Until then, we won't know much about the lore of the Lotus or the origin of the Tenno.

Honestly, the whole idea of Lotus is an an example of immature thinking. All of the Tenno just listen to what the Lotus says because she saved our lives, but what if she has her own agenda? How do we know she is trustworthy? The Tenno will never know until they break free from the chains of immature thinking and enter the world of enlightened thinking (Sorry, had to). Until then, we won't know much about the lore of the Lotus or the origin of the Tenno.

I've never trusted the Lotus honestly. If we had the choice, I'd be a free-lance mercenary.

Her lines seem to imply that the warframe itself is suffering.

On the topic of the Lotus:

She saved my life, gave me resources. Even if she were to turn out evil (which I sincerely doubt) I would remain loyal and serve her till I die for the blood debt I owe her.

Edited by Evanescent

I ignore her most of the time anyways, as soon as i get the chance to leve the Lotus and join Steel Meridian i will get me some Ex-Grineer booty, i mean bounty.

My theory is, and will remain:

Warframes are individual constructs of biotech and technocyte piloted by the digital spirit I call Tenno.

Switching from Excalibur to Loki for example is a simple case of data transfer.

This also covers the recurring question of Warframe gender, male or female Frame doesn't matter as they are just 'hollow vessels' to be controlled as required by the individual user, or Tenno.

Fail a mission, run out of revives? You earn no XP because this particular vessel didn't return to impart it's new wisdom. Restore from backup and try again, Tenno.

I could go into greater detail, but I'm sure you get the general idea.

This is my theory, there are many like it but this one is mine. 

Edited by 2old4gamez

Can this mean that the Warframes themselves are organisms, alive? This could mean that the Tenno and the Warframes have a kind of symbiotic relationship...

I have convinced myself of this several months ago, and will keep doing so until we are given better info.

I think a Warframe is partially alive and that it has some sort of "latent" personality (think for example at the screaming angry Valkyr). The Tenno "inhabits" the Warframe and is in 100% control, but both physically and mentally it is complemented and completed by the Warframe.

I think it is true symbiosis. The Tenno isn't complete without Warframe, and the Warframe isn't complete without Tenno.

I've never trusted the Lotus honestly. If we had the choice, I'd be a free-lance mercenary.

Same. The Lotus may have saved us, but she could be no different than any of the other factions who want the Warframes for their own experiments. Lotus may just want to rid the galaxy of the competitors for the Warframes and she has the upper hand because we trust her (for now). I want a quest called "The Account of the Lotus" that tells us more about her. U16?

+1 for paying attention.

About the "put it out of it's misery".... I don't think this is to be taken literally. You could also say that about a old car or something.

IF the warframes are an organism, the relation between tenno and warframe might be some kind of symbiosis.

interesting... but after all, all we can do is speculate.

+1 for paying attention.

About the "put it out of it's misery".... I don't think this is to be taken literally. You could also say that about a old car or something.

IF the warframes are an organism, the relation between tenno and warframe might be some kind of symbiosis.

interesting... but after all, all we can do is speculate.

I like to solo quests so that I can pay attention to the dialogues and not...rush through everything -_-

I think she was saying it seriously because it mirrors what she said for Phorid, a living organism.

Sure, but, point remains. The Warframe could be alive, covered in armour, and piloted by the soul/energy/whatever Tenno.

I would soooo love that! It would also explain how the frames have 'personalities' specific to them, like Valkyr as an enraged individual.

I like to solo quests so that I can pay attention to the dialogues and not...rush through everything -_-

I think she was saying it seriously because it mirrors what she said for Phorid, a living organism.

I also did it solo- to me, warframe is more than shooting :)

She might have been talking about the infested organism in the warframe / the infested organism that was part of the warframe or took control of it.

She might have been talking about the infested organism in the warframe / the infested organism that was part of the warframe or took control of it.

But considering the context, I'm led to believe she was indeed talking about the Mesa warframe.

But considering the context, I'm led to believe she was indeed talking about the Mesa warframe.

Reminds of me of the Fallout new Vegas DLC: Old world blues. Where you would receive a suit with integrated AI that would talk to you.

Not exactly an organism, But an armor with consciousness.

Edited by WEREsandrock

Yes, i think she was talking about the frame, not the infested, we kill infested by the thousands, this supports even further the theory that frames are organic or something similar and that we inhabit them and they aren't characters, and taking into account that some frame's anatomy can't even "hold" a human inside, it's clear that frames are not suits in the conventional meaning of the word, Tenno can't go around "unmasked" because we don't use spandex power ranger suits with masks.

Reminds of me of the Fallout new Vegas DLC: Old world blues. Where you would receive a suit with integrated AI that would talk to you.

Not exactly an organism, But an armor with consciousness.

organism or armor with a consciousness, same thing, it doesn't matter it's nature, the important fact its the "conciousness" although i doubt frames have a concious, maybe they have some kind of "bios" system, something for automated basic needs, like breathing.

No, the subject of the sentence is the frame, she is referring to the frame.