The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Glaive Blueprint? Fine, No Support From Me.

Sikab

1) You are a moron, Your allegory makes no sense.

2) RNG is not working. Being online in game or on Twitter when the right alarm pops proves nothing but luck. Nothing else

3) Everyone is free to rip apart you, your logic and your posts whenever one desires. Deal with it.

4) Having sensible consistent BP acquisition is being entitled nowadays?

You don't need to get caught up in a back and forth with him. It is all good man.

2) RNG is not working. Being online in game or on Twitter when the right alarm pops proves nothing but luck. Nothing else

3) Everyone is free to rip apart you, your logic and your posts whenever one desires. Deal with it.

Personal attacks are only hurting. That thing about two wrongs don't make a right? It's true, especially if you're an hour late to the revenge.

Stop the personal attacks.

I think, at this stage, the most positive outcome would be if DE simply handled this kind of release very differently in the future.

If I had my pick it'd be by releasing weapons hey intend to make Alert list weapons alongside a weapon with a Market BP. This way both the Alert list AND the Market list get to grow slightly and players can still nab a new weapon that weekend. 

Had Glaive launched with a Weapon that had a Market BP some of this backlash may have been lessened.

The Glaive is released and the patch was a bit rough on nerves as a result - but I'm willing to be okay with that if DE makes sure to express they wont let an update leave a weekend flat again.

Kinda yes, kinda no. The only way that would have worked would have been to release a lesser less "cool" version into the market. Or even to just make the "cool" version a Skin. If a weapon with a new mechanic is added, it needs a Market one that also uses that mechanic. The Heat Dagger is the only other true weapon in the same situation as the Glaive, however it does not have any mechanics you can't find in another weapon. Piercing isn't all that different from Bludgeoning on melee weapons, and has its drawbacks to its advantage over Grineer. Although there really needs to be a single dagger in the Market, maybe a single stiletto, just increase DE ever does something with Daggers and the Stealth mechanics.

so basicly your also a baby.

whats the point of offering a weapons for platinum if the blueprint can be obtained for free in a reliable way?

and how will putting a 12 hours alert to obtain it going to be fair for those who spent platinum on it?

sure people can buy a frame or a weapon for money, but why should they spend money if there is a sure way to get it for free?

you'll get a chance sooner or later, if you really cant wait, get some platinum, or become a founder or something and buy it instantly.

Most funny about the mighty glaive is..its not good. People want it so bad, but if they have it, they realise that any other melee weapon is stronger and much more practical. When target is in mid range i use for example gorgon. Pewpew a few shots..dead. Target in close range? Dual flamingfreezingshockingarmorpenetrating ether sword kills a small number of enemies instantly. Fighting with glaive looks like this - oh there is enemy i better throw my uber glaive at him. Charge attack, throw, pink pink pink and he is still standing. Why? Because i am too far or he run away or the damage is not strong enough. Big problem is, your aim may be excelent with it, but you still will be more effective with other weapons. It should be more effective. For example when it kills someone it should slice trough and kill everything behind it..like paris:) I tried almost every mod, glaive still sucks.

You can buy both of them, the only difference is the name.

Crafting Fang will now require Tooth, Claw and a rare material called "Mad Dentist"

I bet that dentist went mad because all of the Grineer refused to follow his dental hygiene plan.

Most funny about the mighty glaive is..its not good. People want it so bad, but if they have it, they realise that any other melee weapon is stronger and much more practical. When target is in mid range i use for example gorgon. Pewpew a few shots..dead. Target in close range? Dual flamingfreezingshockingarmorpenetrating ether sword kills a small number of enemies instantly. Fighting with glaive looks like this - oh there is enemy i better throw my uber glaive at him. Charge attack, throw, pink pink pink and he is still standing. Why? Because i am too far or he run away or the damage is not strong enough. Big problem is, your aim may be excelent with it, but you still will be more effective with other weapons. It should be more effective. For example when it kills someone it should slice trough and kill everything behind it..like paris:) I tried almost every mod, glaive still sucks.

Eh, the Glaive is pretty good if you can aim it right to bounce around and hit a few enemies. Especially so since it can slice through anything on return. Just takes a bit of practice.

Awesome against Infected, too.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I am writing about what the OP said, you don't like my posts you don't need to quote them, period, you all sound like a bunch of demanding children crying in the middle of the park, stop the crying and learn to earn the BPs, weapons and battleframe with your game style and no demanding like freaking little babies about gimme gimme gimme, this is what is wrong with our society right now, you expect to get everything without having to work for it. I went to school with on pair of shoes only and when I came back home I have to remove them because was the only pair of shoes I had, now kids have 20 pair of shoes and want more, gimme more, gimme more. Whatever.

how do we earn when the glaive bp is a random ? alert. sit at the computer all day? pay 10 bucks for it?

That is why I suggested replacing dailies alert or adding to daily alerts a series of 3-5 daily quests where you may have a chan ce to get a BP for it.

how do we earn when the glaive bp is a random ? alert. sit at the computer all day? pay 10 bucks for it?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I am writing about what the OP said, you don't like my posts you don't need to quote them, period, you all sound like a bunch of demanding children crying in the middle of the park, stop the crying and learn to earn the BPs, weapons and battleframe with your game style and no demanding like freaking little babies about gimme gimme gimme, this is what is wrong with our society right now, you expect to get everything without having to work for it. I went to school with on pair of shoes only and when I came back home I have to remove them because was the only pair of shoes I had, now kids have 20 pair of shoes and want more, gimme more, gimme more. Whatever.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that doesn't necessarily mean they should share it. I have my opinions on philosophy, religion, and politics, but I don't go airing it out because I know better. Your "opinion" is unconstructive, arrogant, and laughably immature. Do you /really/ think it makes sense for the only way to earn the BP for free is to be online within the hour time frame that it'd be available? Do you really think we're all social troglodytes and are on Warframe at all given hours, or idly sitting by our computers watching the Twitter feed? Do you really think all of us have the means to shell out what is essentially 11$ for a weapon in a video game?

I don't necessarily care one way or the other about the Glaive, but if I want it I should be able to earn it by grinding for it, not by spending days and days watching a Twitter feed before spending 10 minutes rushing through an easymode mission. That's silly, and you're silly for advocating it.

Edited by 223kazin

To be honest, I think the biggest issue with this right now is that, despite the uproar, they STILL haven't done an alert that awards the Glaive...

While I'll admit I sucked it up and bought the Glaive with plat, I still think DE could've, and should've handled this a WHOLE lot better.

I think, at this stage, the most positive outcome would be if DE simply handled this kind of release very differently in the future.

If I had my pick it'd be by releasing weapons hey intend to make Alert list weapons alongside a weapon with a Market BP. This way both the Alert list AND the Market list get to grow slightly and players can still nab a new weapon that weekend. 

Had Glaive launched with a Weapon that had a Market BP some of this backlash may have been lessened.

The Glaive is released and the patch was a bit rough on nerves as a result - but I'm willing to be okay with that if DE makes sure to express they wont let an update leave a weekend flat again.

Yea this weeks update was very lacking in content.

As far as releasing alert only/plat only weapons at the same time as plat/marketBP weapons, a big problem people have brought up in this thread is they released an entirely new type of weapon for plat/alert only. It's the very first throwing weapon and the very first throwable melee weapon. People have stated they wouldn't mind skins being plat/alert only or perhaps after the Glaive was introduced as a BP purchasable in the market a new "better" Glaive was introduced afterwards for plat/alert only.

I'm sure DE realized their mistake by now and hopefully won't make this a trend. 

On a personal note, I feel $10 is a bit much for yet another melee weapon, so I'm waiting till the alert and since I've already maxed all the mods/frames/weapons, this involves playing a new game called "Play other games while I refreash twitter every 20-30 mins." I'm sure this will be rectified once more content is added, but in the meantime doesn't make for a fun way to play Warframe lol.

To be honest, I think the biggest issue with this right now is that, despite the uproar, they STILL haven't done an alert that awards the Glaive...

While I'll admit I sucked it up and bought the Glaive with plat, I still think DE could've, and should've handled this a WHOLE lot better.

They couldn't have done anything over the weekend. Today they're working on addressing it. I know this for a fact -- mostly because I helped gather the relevant information while stripping out the depressing BS like personal attacks and misinformed/underinformed overreaction so they can make the decisions they must.

Yes, piss off the other half by giving away the glaive to those that didn't pay for it. Maybe in like 2 weeks time would it make sense to do a special alert that gives the glaive but doing it so soon is just going to have even more backlash.

Yes, &!$$ off the other half by giving away the glaive to those that didn't pay for it. Maybe in like 2 weeks time would it make sense to do a special alert that gives the glaive but doing it so soon is just going to have even more backlash.

As someone that did buy the Glaive it would not bother me at all if they did a few Alerts right away to allow some FTPers a chance at it.  I bought it for two reasons :

1)I gots ta haves it!

2)I felt like supporting this game financially.

What this really boils down to is that they need to make money somehow.  The precdent for items to be alert only has already been set so other than people just complaining about not being able to farm material before it was released and make it day one there is no water to be held in this arguement IMHO.