Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Buff, An Outrage And A Half.

SlightVect

As the title says.  

Braton Prime has been in need of a buff since damage 2.0 if not longer and to those of us who admire straight up Rifles. We get a lie told to us in the form of "Buff" when in reality it did nothing more than spit in our faces. 

For a mere TEN Damage, 10 base status and an increased fire rate. We lost more than 100 rounds. How is that worth in anyway? 

"But we got an increased clip size!" When we also lost more ammo in the long run? 
"But Status!" You mean when we got a 30% status chance which is a proc every 2 shots before this supposed "buff"? 
"But fire rate!" You mean that thing that wasn't an issue in anyway because shred existed? 

Honestly, this is the worst case scenario. DE, Just revert it.No buff is worth losing that much ammo. 

Edit:PREPARE THE BANDAID FIXES TO THE GAPING CHEST WOUND, QUICK. /cynical

Edited by Pometheus

Due to this one line your entire argument is countered by the fact that rifle ammo mutation exists.

I never used it on Pre-nerf Braton Prime.  I ran fire rate and thrived in infested late game. That argument itself is countered by "Utilizing every thing in your Arsenal." 

This post smells troll-y.

Just tried my 3-forma Braton Prime (I gave up at some point...) in T4E against 3 Boltor Primes.

I won.

The reduced ammo is meaningless. Lotus forbid that we actually have *gasp* switch weapons when we run out.

Get some ammo restores and then go enjoy your gun.

*sigh*

Stop with the stupid statements and just go use the damn gun. It's a beautiful weapon with phenomenal power now. And if you have the planet destroying issue of losing a hundred rounds, throw on a bloody Mutation mod and continue slaughtering, because that's what I'm doing with 0 negatives so far.

braton prime 15k sustained dps top end build, soma 16.7k sustained dps top end build. /thread 

Both soma and braton get 15.5k using speed trigger and 16,5k using vile accel.

Braton will win with ammo economy and status diversity and probably with number of procs.

Soma will still win in burst dps.

Edited by Davoodoo

I wouldn't say it was a spit in the face but that buff made little difference. I took it(6 forma Braton P) to a T4E just now and it kills lvl 35 heavy gunners with 7-11 bullets. Before it took half a clip. The status buff meh since it always proc'd before. I ran out of ammo half way through due to stalker and vor showing up at the same time but if prolly have one clip left if they didn't.

Edited by OsanoSSX

My 6 forma Braton Prime like it. If it's not a buff, well, behold when the buff arrives.

And less ammo you say? Don't noticed this on my Survival test on void. 

Really, this buff is a good thing, sorry if you were expecting something more. Braton Prime don't need to turn into some kind of Boltor Prime-kill-all-the-life-forms-without-problems. It's a good and beauty weapon to use.

Both soma and braton get 15.5k using speed trigger and 16,5k using vile accel.

Braton will win with ammo economy and status diversity and probably with number of procs.

Soma will still win in burst dps.

Brace yourselves.

Soma Prime is coming.

Braton Prime is now completely useless, whats the point in more damage when we don't even have the bullets to use it. complete stupidity.

Although it's quite irritating, but ammo reserves nerf is less than severe, more over if you count the buffs this baby had. Ammo reserves is renewable, and Rifle ammo drops possibly have the most ammo drop chance than the rest.

Counting the clip size, it 'only' suffers total of 90 rounds reduction (ignoring RoF, which is controllable through short burst). Not dramatic enough to get it to a 'completely useless' level, unless you're running while barely collecting any ammo drops.

It's exactly what they should have done.

Admittedly, the ammo thing is a bit puzzling, but that's easy enough to work around. The key is the damage and they hit it out of the park.

Those of you whining are clueless and should recall the aphorism about open mouths and removal of doubt.

For a mere TEN Damage, 10 base status

I stopped reading here.

You know what 25 damage -> 35 damage per bullet is? A straight-up +40% increase in final damage. That's if we ignore the other buffs entirely.

You know what 20 total status, ~10 bullets per second is? Modded, that's potentially one of the most reliable proc weapons in the game.

The ammo decrease was a bit harsh, but all that does is punish missed shots a bit more severely. Not a problem if you know how to aim, and no more of a problem now than it was before considering that ammo efficiency is virtually unchanged.

Edited by SortaRandom

The ammo decrease was a bit harsh, but all that does is punish missed shots a bit more severely. Not a problem if you know how to aim, and no more of a problem now than it was before considering that ammo efficiency is virtually unchanged.

Ammo efficiency is actually improved by a good bit, provided you can land your shots. However, those missed shots are more punishing now.

Braton Prime just became one of the best rifles in the game when it got that buff, it has a place, it has a purpose, it does something right.

People are looking at it right now saying Boltor Prime is better and stuff, Braton Prime is a hit scan weapon, it has 20% status Chance, the majority of the damage is slash, which is amazing, it´s basically a weapon that every single bullet will have 44% Status Chance if you use 2 elemental mods with increased status chance, you can mod it to be a Status chance weapon that has 68% Status Chance!!! with 4 Elemental Mods.

This is the God of Status Chance.