Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reclamation

Magnus

Wow, this looks extremely fun !

But I agree about not totally replacing survival, instead, make it an alert that appears fairly often (like several times a day). That way, players can enjoy this kind of deeply thought gameplay multiple times without taking out original contents

OP have my green thumb !

A truly awesome idea, I'd love to see it in game.

But I like survival, would like it to stay around. Maybe DE could add this in new nodes, having a few more would be nice. Or a new planet, when they'll finally release some. Having this kind of mission in a new solar system wouldb be great, and let the survival survive.

Time consuming for the devs to make? Certainly. Incredibly complicated,and likely prone to bugs? Of course. Do I care? Not in the slightest. I don't like survival missions,as they currently stand. Pretty much for the exact reasons you outlined. I'm sure DE will look at this thread,and come to a similar conclusion; Despite all of the work they'd have to put into it,it'd be worth it,and pay off dividends.

• 2 months later...

I'm not agree with the new update 15.13.0 - 15.13.7 . Void surv imposible to play. i can't do 40 min solo. Critical life support drop 1 time on 40-50 enemy kill. It is not possible to play survival void limited. Please don't you can't play just one more than 30 minutes. Do exactly as it was before and rewards best. We have taken in 30 minutes 3akbronco bp in length. I do not agree to continue.

As much as I love the idea of adding or remaking game modes in the game to make them more fun, this isn't really a "Replacement" to Survival as a whole. However, I will say if this was made into a Raid format I'd play it in a heartbeat, but in place of the regular survival missions I'd just play Excavation instead. What you've proposed in the "Part 1" of your post is enough to make Survival, and by coincidence Archwing, work and possibly add to the gameplay of Survival. The implementation of the complete work is just tedious for the player and developer alike, getting all of it to mesh well from a coding and development standpoint is a problem in itself.

Maybe condense the entire concept down to a simpler format, such as the hack to take over a node/ship is being done by the operative giving you the rewards thus filling a bar to show progress. This would have parallels with Interception missions or Excavation missions already in the game, The player would still serve as a distraction, but the idea would be easier to implement overall rather than take an entire Update to release.

Edited by Dojutrek

implementation of the complete work is just tedious for the player and developer alike, getting all of it to mesh well from a coding and development standpoint is a problem in itself.

Saying this is tedious for the player is avoiding the acknowledgement that some people stay in Survivals for two hours or more in hopes of finally getting something they want, while loaded down with Orokin Cells or ducat fodder not even worth 20. In turn, this is far less tedious and actually has an end point and, in turn, makes Survival, or now Reclamation, worth playing outside of the void in search for new gear and cores.

Again, this is not a design for casual players, as the levels of the enemies are intentionally high. And, for fast players, this mission could take, at most, twenty minutes, which is a significant reduction of time.

Edited by Extraxi

Saying this is tedious for the player is avoiding the acknowledgement that some people stay in Survivals for two hours or more in hopes of finally getting something they want, while loaded down with Orokin Cells or ducat fodder not even worth 20. In turn, this is far less tedious and actually has an end point and, in turn, makes Survival, or now Reclamation, worth playing outside of the void in search for new gear and cores.

Again, this is not a design for casual players, as the levels of the enemies are intentionally high. And, for fast players, this mission could take, at most, twenty minutes, which is a significant reduction of time.

I was saying the structure of what you've proposed is a tedious example for the pre-existing 'Survival' game mode, if you noticed I did say this was perfect for an upcoming 'Raid' format. Also, I said if you condensed it down to just "Part 1" of your example with some variations, it would work within a reasonable time frame and with a minimal amount of actual coding to make it mesh together. It would also bring a reasonable amount of changes to the enjoyment of such a mode.

As for the current In-game Survival, I don't like it as much as you do. I don't play it for that reason, it's a terribly dated format of play and really needs to be updated to the same experience of what Spy has become. As for the Rewards from Survival, I'd say that those tables as they are now are just receiving band-aids and will be looked at later on. Maybe they will change for the better, maybe they won't, time will tell. 

Edited by Dojutrek