The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor: The New Absolute King

Monolake

No, we have to use it when we need it. And boltor prime is not really good for a long t4 surv. There are weapons more usefull in that situation. Why all weapon must be balanced on medium to low enemies? I mostly play end game difficulty, why can't i have a very strong gun?

First off all  - because no one wants to wait 60 min in the same map/mission.  The game is already very easy since the difficulty balance is broken, its literary falling-asleep boring for the first 40 minutes and more powercreep weapons make it even worse. 

And regardless of that there should be  balancing between weapons, if one weapon outclasses everything else this badly, all the other weapons become obsolete and unused, making highlevels a single weapon game, and lack of variety results in boredom.  

You asked for buff?You got it!

Then why complain about it?

You keep saying that.

Who is "you"?

And how does requesting a buff to a weapon = extremes like in the case of the Synoid Grammacor?

If they had buffed the Synoid with a equal % over its normal counterpart like the rest of the Syndicate pistols are, I dont think anyone would be upset.

Edited by VikingoX

The "there doesn't need to be balance in a pve game" argument is stupid beyond words.

You still have to get CLOSE to your targets.  Most other guns that can kill things in let's say pluto? in two shots or even one still exist and they are able to do so miles away if need be (paris prime headshots, anyone?) .  [A properly modded Lex Prime for example]

So why on earth can there NOT be a gun like the Synoid Gammacor as it is now?  By the time you GET to let's say... 60 minutes+ in T4S you are going to get oneshot anyway if you even try to stand out in the open stupidly.  Am I using the T4-void-60m as a measuring stick?  Not exactly because when you well mod ANY weapon and participate in ANY general mission you will wreck things.

if you are upset about it unbalancing pvp... There are already imbalances in pvp.  (bladestorm, Acrid,  ect.) and DE NEVER said PvP will be the main focus but if that unsettles you... think of this:  They probably will balance it in according to pvp for pvp instances.

Also, for you people still freaking out about 'the numbers and OH NOES THIS IS THE FIRST WEAPON TO BREAK THINGS'  The brakk is still the king.

qASN73J.png

Almost Double the Burst of the Synoid Gammacor, and BURST is what matters.  Why?  Because you are not going to be consistently firing at the same target, 9/10 times it will be dead already if not from your first shot or from your team-mates.  5/10 times enemies will be dead before your pew pew laser (synoid Gammacor) gets within range if you aren't lone-wolfing it.

Edited by Sibarian

HUGE damage and and DPS 

Great ammo economy allows you to put 2 more firerate mods for whooping 47000 burst/40000 sustained DPS.

(or even 41800 with faction mod)   

This is about TWICE as much as Boltor Prime sustained

~7000 damage per ammo, so you wont run out.

Brakk got dethroned too - it has ~27000 sustained (nevermind the higher burst as it empties all ammo in a second)

Most other top secondaries from syndicates are "only" ~16-17k dps 

http://goo.gl/yf9ORu

pruCPQP.jpg

This powercreep and lack of balance is absurd.

Brakk has still more or less twice the Burst DPS. I don't think we can talk about dethroning it.

Anyway : we asked for a buff. We got a marvellous one. And now we're complaining about it... Duh. I need my aspirin.

Brakk has still more or less twice the Burst DPS. I don't think we can talk about dethroning it.

Anyway : we asked for a buff. We got a marvellous one. And now we're complaining about it... Duh. I need my aspirin.

For once i agree with you

Has almost 3/2ths the sustained DPS of the Brakk!  (But it's only burst DPS that matters of course) But since it has a limited range and has the best ammo economy for beam weapons this side of the Phage, it's totally balanced, just like the Flux Rifle/Spectra are. If you campaign for a nerf on this weapon you are clearly a supervillain, because due to this weapon's negligible downsides and "awful" burst DPS of 40,000 it's actually balanced very well.

Also, since everyone (including you the reader, of course) wanted a buff to the Gammacor, you must automatically agree that this buff was a good thing for game balance, and cannot raise ire with the particulars.

...Am I doing it right guys?

Edited by Rebulite

Has almost 3/2ths the sustained DPS of the Brakk!  (But it's only burst DPS that matters of course) But since it has a limited range and has the best ammo economy for beam weapons this side of the Phage, it's totally balanced, just like the Flux Rifle/Spectra are. If you campaign for a nerf on this weapon you are clearly a supervillain, because due to this weapon's negligible downsides and "awful" burst DPS of 40,000 it's actually balanced very well.

Also, since everyone (including you the reader, of course) wanted a buff to the Gammacor, you must automatically agree that this buff was a good thing for game balance, and cannot raise ire with the particulars.

You are acting like I can get the Synoid Gammacor from RANK 1 on DAY 1.

You are acting like there aren't 20 different weapons that cannot compete.

You are acting like the Synoid is in a Tier of it's own where nothing can match it, it's a above average weapon but it's not the BEST.

You are acting like this weapon will BREAK the whole game just by its existence.

I could go into Warframe builder and put up moc-builds of weapons that would make you scream your head off about imbalance and forget about the Synoid, this is ON-PAR with the Brakk, and a plethora of other weapons in it's tier and is balanced by the simple fact that it's range is horrible compared to many other weapons if not almost all of them and it takes four days worth of syndicate grinding to get it as well.  Compared to say, a Paris Prime which people can get at the drop of a dime (Trade tab, WTB Paris prime set :D)  

Be honest, you just want it to be a Joke weapon.  Instead of the base damage buff from 50 to 210 you think it would have been better for it to be reduced to 25 damage, a real joke weapon that only real players will use for the challenge and wear it as a symbol of their gaming prowess because this game is hard and only hard people with nerves of steel should be allowed to dictate what proper weapon balance and FUN are.

Edited by Sibarian

What?! So we have to wait 60 minutes in T4 then it won't be broken? Worst post I've seen all day

By that time 99% of other weapons would have no damage potential either. That other 1% is the broken Boltor Prime which still needs fixing

V...Vaykor Marelok?

I find this gun perfectly fine. I'm a balance person that believes every gun should be viable in one way, but I'm actually fine with this thing. This thing suffers from range, and is actually really easy to counter in PvP. The fact that continuous weapons depend on ticks mean that you can't spray with this thing and expect a line of dead enemies.

This thing may be more capable than others, but also has downsides. It's the problem of making other classes viable.

Those classes include:

Energy Weapons

Old Continuous Weapons

Snipers

Shotguns

It should probably have a bit of a nerf, but not anywhere past halving its damage output.

For those defending that its a continus weapon with 25m range. Brakk ain't hittin' S#&$ out that far, and by your logic, the spectra and embolist should have firepower far exceeding both. Which is not the case at all.

Yes, yes you are, you will fit right in here. Welcome to the Warframe community.

It should probably have a bit of a nerf, but not anywhere past halving its damage output.

For those defending that its a continus weapon with 25m range. Brakk ain't hittin' S#&$ out that far, and by your logic, the spectra and embolist should have firepower far exceeding both. Which is not the case at all.

No.

As someone who doesn't even have ACCESS to the synoid, it's in a good place, all that DPS is only going to do well against Corpus, and we all know it, the fact that it's stuck with having magnetic damage counteracts a large portion of the damage you can do.

You can throw burst DPS statistics from a "Warframe builder" site all you want, but that doesn't show what it actually does in-game, that's just what it CAN do when the stars align.

No.

As someone who doesn't even have ACCESS to the synoid, it's in a good place, all that DPS is only going to do well against Corpus, and we all know it, the fact that it's stuck with having magnetic damage counteracts a large portion of the damage you can do.

You can throw burst DPS statistics from a "Warframe builder" site all you want, but that doesn't show what it actually does in-game, that's just what it CAN do when the stars align.

Magnetic does half to alloy armor, and extra to shields. No change on infested (though I'm pretty sure the Distruptor aura might add resist).

You also get two other double elements, like any other weapon. They will make the majority of the damage still. Which means the majority of damage is still under the type you want, with an additional bunch of neutral damage against infested, drastically increased versus corpus, and reduced against three types of grineer.

No.

It retains its full damage against everything that isnt alloy. So shooting at anything that isnt a heavy Grineer or corrupted lancer is "when the stars align"?

Edited by VikingoX

Guys, you're missing the fact that the OP forgot to uncheck the critical box on Warframe Builder, which calculates damage as if it crits on every hit. It's actual sustained DPS is around 25k. Powerful, but not the "better than Boltor Prime" monster that the OP was making it out to be.

brakk has falloff, and Akbronco primes have more burst dps up to 90k ...

Telos Akbolto does about 55k burst damage and doesn't have the range limitations of Gammacor with a solid 42 clip.

but its true that Gammacor will have more sustained and better ammo economy.

tho I only see about 37k burst dps on this weapon so not sure how you got 47k!

and consider Akvasto and Akmagnus also have 40k burst damage

The random buffing of normal weapons and re-release does seem a bit strange balance wise.

nice to see some considerable buffs on bad weapons, like Hind

Edited by Tatersail

You still have to get CLOSE to your targets.  Most other guns that can kill things in let's say pluto? in two shots or even one still exist and they are able to do so miles away if need be (paris prime headshots, anyone?) .  [A properly modded Lex Prime for example]

So why on earth can there NOT be a gun like the Synoid Gammacor as it is now?  By the time you GET to let's say... 60 minutes+ in T4S you are going to get oneshot anyway if you even try to stand out in the open stupidly.  Am I using the T4-void-60m as a measuring stick?  Not exactly because when you well mod ANY weapon and participate in ANY general mission you will wreck things.

if you are upset about it unbalancing pvp... There are already imbalances in pvp.  (bladestorm, Acrid,  ect.) and DE NEVER said PvP will be the main focus but if that unsettles you... think of this:  They probably will balance it in according to pvp for pvp instances.

Also, for you people still freaking out about 'the numbers and OH NOES THIS IS THE FIRST WEAPON TO BREAK THINGS'  The brakk is still the king.

Almost Double the Burst of the Synoid Gammacor, and BURST is what matters.  Why?  Because you are not going to be consistently firing at the same target, 9/10 times it will be dead already if not from your first shot or from your team-mates.  5/10 times enemies will be dead before your pew pew laser (synoid Gammacor) gets within range if you aren't lone-wolfing it.

Every other limited range gun is more than twice inferior to Synoid too.

If you play T4 for an hour you use CC or invis or Blessing and stay in a compact room. Doesn't really matter if you need to come in 25m range.

Yes its downside, but its not balancing out the insane DPS.

Burst doesn't matter when you need to reload every second, as you know in this game you fight constantly respawning groups of enemies.

Brakk most effective range is like ~10m, then falloff and spread make it worse, while with a beam weapon you can still land headshots at 25 m.

Burst doesn't matter when you need to reload every second, as in this game you fight constantly respawning groups of enemies.

You know why people ask for buffs? because the weapons are on the other side of balance - too weak. Now its the case of grossly overpowered.

Still unbalanced. 

Guys, you're missing the fact that the OP forgot to uncheck the critical box on Warframe Builder, which calculates damage as if it crits on every hit. It's actual sustained DPS is around 25k. Powerful, but not the "better than Boltor Prime" monster that the OP was making it out to be.

False. The critical checkbox simply factors in crits on the weapon: turning it off assumes that the weapon crits 0% of the time instead of (in this case) 10%. Turning off the crit chance makes the weapon go down... by about 2k DPS, to 38k, but that's still technically lower than its effective DPS.