Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Mesa Has Passives

Ionus

All frames need passives. Ember should have fire resistance.

-But I do see this would be a HUGE balancing protect for DE to take on. Especially with fickle gamers, who's idea of fair is "mine is the best"

Giving the elemental frames a resistance passive (Ember gets fire, Frost gets freeze, etc.) is pretty terrible, really. If that damage type simply isn't present at all, your passive is doing nothing and is basically useless.

Giving the elemental frames a resistance passive (Ember gets fire, Frost gets freeze, etc.) is pretty terrible, really. If that damage type simply isn't present at all, your passive is doing nothing and is basically useless.

To be fair, Zephyr's passive was super-situational, and Mesa's variety platter is a pretty huge set of buffs.

To be fair, Zephyr's passive was super-situational, and Mesa's variety platter is a pretty huge set of buffs.

Zephyr's still applies to gameplay as a whole, however. Reduced falling speed (and greater air control) is almost always applicable, especially given that parkour now reduces an enemy's chance to hit you.

Idk I think innate elemental resistance for elemental frames would be welcome, situational to be sure but if you think about it most of the more dangerous enemies deal in elemental damage types (Napalms, Toxic Ancients, etc.) Then there's also the elemental eximus units that iirc give elemental damage buffs to their allies. The resistance could also extend to environment effects as well i.e. frost being immune to cold hazards ember can't catch fire from fire hazards.

Still situational so they'd likely need to have another passive in addition to resistance. Something like, idk Ember takes reduced damage from enemies that are on fire.

I think elemental frames should have resistance passives at the very least. I'm not advocating for all frames having as many passives as Mesa, nor am I saying Mesa should be nerfed (although I do think that flat shotgun buff passive should be swapped with one that decreases spread or something my utility based).

I think there are some fairly imaginative ways warframes could get passives of comparable value.

Frost, for example, could have a 10(20?) percent passive chance to proc cold.  Saryn, Ember, and Volt could to similar things.  Ash or Excalibur could get a slash proc, or bonus damage with weapons primarily slash based.

Things like that could be fairly easily tweaked to a comparable value and have a tangible benefit while adding flavor to the frame in the same manner, in my opinion.

That's actually a good idea for the element frames, everytime someone suggests they get a passive resistance to their element it gets shot down (mostly since the number of enemies doing each damage type varies wildly) but giving them a small chance to proc their element on normal attacks would be a nice idea. Nothing huge mind you just enough to maybe make Ember actually worth using vs the infested.

If DE has decided to work on giving each of the frames thematic passives, this is an excellent start honestly.  She obviously can't take advantage of every single one and has to make some sacrifices to gain some of the bonuses, and I think something like this should be on every frame to promote choice and diversity in weapons and builds.

But if they don't revisit every single one of the other frames in the same way they approached Mesa's passive situation, I will be very unhappy.  DE pls

Mirage doesn't have anything quite that extensive, but her animations are faster than any other frame.

Particularly rolling etc.

It's actually quite a nice one to have, considering the infested changes. It also gives her a striking resemblance to the female Quarians in ME3. Specifically a certain aspect of their dodge.

Mesa`s passives seem pretty fair to me, no body will use guns as well as she does, when i readed her skills the day zero i was like "its not actually that good with guns", the passives changed that perception 100%

I think passives for other warframes should be tied to nerfs, otherwise it would be unfair buffs

Edited by rockscl

All frames need passives. Ember should have fire resistance.

-But I do see this would be a HUGE balancing protect for DE to take on. Especially with fickle gamers, who's idea of fair is "mine is the best"

You have no idea how many times I have died to fire damage as ember...

Like... seriously