Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are You Making Redundant Mods?

Innocent_Flower

Them damn event mods. 

225px-PiercingCaliberModU145.png225px-PiercingHitModU145.png

Why? One is objectively better. (though the original mod costs slightly less if you leave it at a 10%. Because 10% is totaly useful with the current ballancing,right?) 

It's totaly Illogical. The standard thing to do would be to buff the original; Not make another. 

The same thing applies to status chance mods. The dual stat mods are objectively better at the thing the single stat mod should be focusing on. But these puncture and slashing mods... 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Why? One is objectively better. (though the original mod costs slightly less if you leave it at a 10%. Because 10% is totaly useful with the current ballancing) 

It's totaly Illogical. The standard thing to do would be to buff the original; Not make another. 

The same thing applies to status chance mods. The dual stat mods are objectively better at the thing the single stat mod should be focusing on. But these puncture and slashing mods... 

I was at least hoping for some Status chance on these mods, but DE did do so. I honestly don't know why DE makes these mods and keeps other mods unbuffed. I guess if people want to absolutely max their Puncture and/or slash damage to 150%, then it's a nice addition?

Edited by Sarmon

Hush, you.

That's not very nice, he had a perfectly valid point. There is no reason for one set of mods to be absolutely more viable in every scenario.

EDIT:

What in the world? Your post most definitely doesn't  have the second line. And there was only one line when I clicked to quote you. Oh, you edited your post as I was quoting you. Forums didn't refresh.

Edited by Magnar21

Because they stack. And DE said a long time ago mods behave like cards in MTG, and cards are just that, cards.

Also, another pointless topic. If you don't want to use a mod. Don't.

*sigh* If I had a dollar for every response calling feedback pointless, I could retire right now. The only pointless thing here is DE releasing an obviously better mod instead of making the first mod not suck eggs.

Them damn Prime weapons.

Why? Primes are objectively better. (though the original might have one slightly better stat, which is useless)

It's totally illogical. The standard thing to do would be to buff the original, not make another.

Oh, wait. Prime weapons and event mods are much harder to obtain than normal weapons and Piercing Hit. Therefore, they're better, even if they do make the old one you probably USED to use completely redundant.

EDIT: It occurs to me that event and non-event mods can stack. So, they actually make more sense than Primed weapons.

Edited by Astrotrap

i agree in principle because the Event Physical Mods are situationally useful - while the already existing Physical Mods were all 502% useless and using them is quite literally gimping yourself. (Jagged Edge is borderline because almost all Melee's are heavily Slash weighted, but Elementals are better than even that one).

If you don't want to use a mod. Don't.

what about Mods that are literally useless and are very literally the worst choice of putting a Mod into a slot you could ever make?

they were completely useless Mods, Mods that are always less Damage increase than any other Mod you could have put in there. even Reload Speed Mods increase your Damage Output more than those Mods.

so why do those Mods exist at all, if they're that useless? Mods should either be useful, or not exist. they don't need to be amazing, but they need to make a large enough difference to not be outclassed by every other possible choice.

Them damn Prime weapons.

Why? Primes are objectively better. (though the original might have one slightly better stat, which is useless)

It's totally illogical. The standard thing to do would be to buff the original, not make another.

Oh, wait. Prime weapons and event mods are much harder to obtain than normal weapons and Piercing Hit. Therefore, they're better, even if they do make the old one you probably USED to use completely redundant.

EDIT: It occurs to me that event and non-event mods can stack. So, they actually make more sense than Primed weapons.

One is hard to get all year round and takes an investment in crafting. The other is easily obtainable on certain days. There's a huge difference

Stacking potential. Find a crap version by chance, earn a better one. It's the same with ele mods on melee, more of the same ele in your combo, the stronger it is. Paris Prime with those two mods can be extremely powerful.

That'd be fine if the harder to obtain mod was the lesser one.

Seriously though; The weak ones are so weak that you'd be better using a different mod rather than stack them with the strong mod. 

Them damn Prime weapons.

Make them non-stackable and this isn't a problem.

And Primes are objectively better, but not all of the original weapons suck. I'm fine with objectively better items, but these aren't "reward" worthy items; they're the ones that should've been in the game since damage 2.0.

I use Fanged Fusillade and Sawtooth Clip on my Dread. All that slash damage plus the crits make it pretty tough to beat, especially when it procs.

I do that too! I swear, I thought I was the only one who did it.

But, in all honesty, dread is one of those weapons that are already tough to beat on its own.

Okay so this is going to blow your mind, but theres this thing called progression, where stuff gets BETTER.

Thats totaly mindblowing right, that a mod thats meh could get a upgraded version.

That puncture mod is four times better. It's not an upgraded version: it's a superior alternative. 

Couldn't you ask the same for why they invented 'damaged' mods?

If you could upgrade damaged mods into regular mods: we'd be ok. 

But yeah: you certainly could. 

Okay so this is going to blow your mind, but theres this thing called progression, where stuff gets BETTER.

Thats totaly mindblowing right, that a mod thats meh could get a upgraded version.

x4 better and not  available ingame.

Progression my foot.

When you take Useless, and multiply it by 4, you only get "Situational" at best.

No. 

When you get "useless because the numbers are too low for it's cost" and then remove the low numbers problem, you have a decently functioning mod. What they've done is kept one mod completely useless and released a valid version of it.