Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Easiest Way To Hold A Dark Sector Is Being A Hated Alliance That Never Gives Out Any Battleplay.

Cerenax

If you are holding a dark sector and you charge absurd taxes and you never give out any battlepay whatsoever then no one ever wants to play your side on dark sector conflicts and thus the people who want to play the attacking side are never able to actually play because they cant find a squad since a squad demands that there be players on both sides, thus you can just sit on your &#! and watch the timer roll until you win.

I propose a fix to it: For defending alliances battlepay should be set automatically, so if a alliance is defending a dark sector and it has credits in it's vault then a preset percentage of it should be given as battlepay and warlords should have no choice on the matter.

Wait, you can't force a solo que on attackers side anymore?

I did this a lot when dark sectors fell out of popularity. It was just me, attacker mobs, defender mobs, and the objectives. Defenders still could (and would) join in the middle of the game.

Did this get changed?

This seems like it would be a pretty serious oversight.

Are you sure that's how it works?

The DEv's should force players to play on the side of their alliance or clan if they're involved though, it doesn't make sense to be able to choose to fight against your buddies in this case.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

If you are holding a dark sector and you charge absurd taxes and you never give out any battlepay whatsoever then no one ever wants to play your side on dark sector conflicts and thus the people who want to play the attacking side are never able to actually play because they cant find a squad since a squad demands that there be players on both sides, thus you can just sit on your ! and watch the timer roll until you win.

What is this I don't even... 

Are you playing a different version of Warframe here OP? I just tested this:

YOU DON"T NEED DEFENDERS TO ATTACK! 

What is this I don't even... 

Are you playing a different version of Warframe here OP? I just tested this:

YOU DON"T NEED DEFENDERS TO ATTACK! 

I did a couple weeks ago. I could start a defence without attackers, but it would say it failed to find opponents if I tried to attack.

in any kind of "war" the defending side should have no choice whether they want to fight against its attackers

In real life this is false. Defenders start wars. Aggressors make demands, defenders choose to either give them what they want or to fight.

*read it with a calm and friendly voice*

I doubt that anyone is running dark sectors pvp missions because it is fun. Neither do i and i own one of those "hated alliances that never give out any battlepay"(exept of those 100million a few minutes ago, or right now)

Actually we hold our rails because no one tries to defeat us. Of course there are people who deploy rails to attack us but you can consider all of them as a block. There is no ambition behind their attacks... except the "political" part in the forum. Because talking is cheap.

Sometimes, when i read lines like "we wait for DE to change Dark Sectors and then we will take over the solarsystem." i dont know how i shoud react.

Should i laugh, should i be scared, should i have bad dreams, should i stop cooking pancakes right at the moment and hit a huge red "counter measurement"-button?

Why does anyone think that taking over a solar rail is as easy as stealing a guards sweetroll?... with a lack of organization and knowledge, no credits, even less experience and an increasing power gap between the leading alliances and new comers.

Btw. there is no easy way to hold a dark sector. It's a lot of work and meetings. and no one likes meetings. Actually i hate them.

The Dark Sector missions are generally some of the fastest / easiest experience. If they are constantly under attack the missions can't be run.

you know, that a conflict lasts 12 hours followed by 48 hours armstice and 24h deployment time, right?  which means, there is max 24 hours (1day) conflict per week and 6 days to run the mission.

i suggest to farm experience on pluto cerberus.

I doubt that anyone is running dark sectors pvp missions because it is fun. 

TBH I find dark sectors pvp strangely fun. And I think there are others who also feel this way. I've seen very experienced players in zero-battlepay DS Conflicts with  so they clearly weren't motivated by getting a big fat paycheck. They must be also doing it for the pure "fun".