Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Dearly Hope The Soma Prime Isn't More Powerful Than The Other Prime Weapons.

Innocent_Flower

(and by other prime weapons, I don't mean boltor prime. Nerf that thing) 

seriously though. We all know the soma for being one of the best guns in the game. An extreme rate of fire. An extreme crit rate. Put that with multishot, crit boost and a crit damage boost and you're unstopable. If you look past it's ammo problems then you've got one of the easest to use weapons in the game. 

And you're making a prime version. This is a weapon that's already considered equal to or superior to all the current prime weapons. If you're going to improve on it you might as well throw your other prime weapons away. 

No, making it mastery rank 8 and having it cost 20 cells, with the parts droping at a 0.04% rate is not the way to go. 

What you really need to do is make some kind of trinity between Braton, Boltor and Soma both tenno* and prime. Like different kinds of swords: Equal, but different. 

*Braton doesn't have a "Tenno" made version yet. The current braton is corpus. 

Boltor Does the most DPS, to ballance it's slow projectile. Keep the ragdoll but reduce the punchthrough. It should do less DPS that it does now, but out of the assault rifles it should do the most damage per second. 

Braton does less FPS owing to the fact that it's hitscan and crazy on status chance.

Soma Should be somewhere imbetween. It's hitscan but it doesn't have crazy status chance. It should be between the two in DPS.  

All assault rifles should be ballanced so that: 

They don't compete with shotguns at short range. 

Marksman weapons (burston, latron,paris) perform better with a good shot. This isn't just about DPS, This is about number of kills. It doesn't matter that paris can do 40x the damage per shot of the soma if the soma can get five kills before a paris can draw.  (though I suppose that's going to happen anyway with the silly scaling system we have) 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Good old meta-complaint threads... where would we be without them.

Better now than after realease where everyone's like "I paid 5151 plats for the parts and got to mastery rank x and grinded 310 hours and rankied the gun to 40 and put potatoes and formas on:  YOU CAN'T NERF MY GAME BRAKINGLY OP GUN Cause I put money and effort in

Besides. It's not really a "complaint" thread. More of a suggestion/Feedback thread. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Good old meta-complaint threads... where would we be without them.

Actually this one is not a meta-complaint thread, it's just about balancing a weapon that has not yet been released. 

I agree with OP. We need balanced weapons so that we can have more choices to be viable in endgame.

Btw, if all these complaint threads don't exist, there would be no way to give feedback to DE. So, as long as it is constructive criticism, I don't see a problem.

Better now than after realease where everyone's like "I paid 5151 plats for the parts and got to mastery rank x and grinded 310 hours and rankied the gun to 40 and put potatoes and formas on:  YOU CAN'T NERF MY GAME BRAKINGLY OP GUN Cause I put money and effort in

Besides. It's not really a "complaint" thread. More of a suggestion/Feedback thread. 

So, tell us more about how you believe the Devs can't balance their own game when adding new weapons and thus require your mothering on balance before they even demonstrate a weapon.

seriously though. We all know the soma for being one of the best guns in the game. An extreme rate of fire.

Alright you already lost my upvote.

Soma is not the best weapon in the game, it is the easiest to make good. A new player doesnt need rare mods to make it viable, just serration and crit chance/damage. Without a doubt, there are better weapons. Example? They Sybaris can crank out crits of 17k on lvl 40s while the Soma is plinking away for a few hundred. 

All assault rifles should be ballanced so that: 

They don't compete with shotguns at short range. 

Marksman weapons (burston, latron,paris) perform better with a good shot. This isn't just about DPS, This is about number of kills. It doesn't matter that paris can do 40x the damage per shot of the soma if the soma can get five kills before a paris can draw.  (though I suppose that's going to happen anyway with the silly scaling system we have) 

Another thing, dont try and get something good nerfed because something else sucks. Shotguns are in dire need of a rebalance, and DE knows that. They first made shotguns when Warframe was alot of running around small, cramped ships. Now with new tilesets and planets, rifles are the way to go. Dont ask for Rifles to be nerfed because shotguns suck, ask for shotguns to be better.

The squeaky wheel goes the oil.

Complaining about a weapon before it's even officially acknowledge to exist?

Maybe Steve got annoyed by the dataminers so he put in fake files on what weapons are coming next.  

For all we know, Soma Prime could be an archwing weapon.

That fires rhinos as projectles with xmas sounds.

Gotta admit, Soma with Shred, Speed Trigger, and Vile acceleration has the most pleasing full automatic firing sound of all weapons in the game.  That also makes it useless for high level content but the sound.... So pleasing....

I was actually hoping for a Dragon Dex Dual Twin AK Soma Vandal Wraith Prime.  Soma shotgun/minigun/railgun hybrid that shoots dragon nikana katanas with dex furis as handles that fire off wildly while the katanas impale enemies.  But that dream was shattered with the addition of syndicate prefixes.  Need a new one now.

Soma is not the best weapon in the game

Another thing, dont try and get something good nerfed because something else sucks. 

- Didn't say that. 

- Let's just make everything more and more powerful then, hey? 

Hiel PowerCreep!! Also: With few exceptions; Exterior maps aren't on average that much bigger than interior ones. 

Alright you already lost my upvote.

Soma is not the best weapon in the game, it is the easiest to make good. A new player doesnt need rare mods to make it viable, just serration and crit chance/damage. Without a doubt, there are better weapons. Example? They Sybaris can crank out crits of 17k on lvl 40s while the Soma is plinking away for a few hundred. 

Another thing, dont try and get something good nerfed because something else sucks. Shotguns are in dire need of a rebalance, and DE knows that. They first made shotguns when Warframe was alot of running around small, cramped ships. Now with new tilesets and planets, rifles are the way to go. Dont ask for Rifles to be nerfed because shotguns suck, ask for shotguns to be better.

The squeaky wheel goes the oil.

Whether or not something sucks is usually relative to something else isnt it?

So maybe some things are overpowered

Dont say something sucks because other things arent properly balanced is far more accurate

- Didn't say that. 

- Let's just make everything more and more powerful then, hey? 

Hiel PowerCreep!! Also: With few exceptions; Exterior maps aren't on average that much bigger than interior ones. 

When was the last time you went to the Phobos Grineer tileset or the Corpus Ice tileset? What about the Earth tileset? Without a doubt, tilesets are getting bigger.

Whether or not something sucks is usually relative to something else isnt it?

So maybe some things are overpowered

Dont say something sucks because other things arent properly balanced is far more accurate

Rifles arent overpowered. Individual weapons perhaps, but not rifles in general. Also note that I didnt say that shotguns suck.