Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.i.p. Mesa

GildedTuna

Okay I'm going to break this down for you nice and slow so even you can understand this.

1. Mesa's first skill Ballistic Battery only stores the damage you do to an enemies health. So if you shoot an enemy with 1million damage and it only has 100 health, it will only add 100 damage to the battery. Sure this would be good right? It only discharges once and fills up rather quickly so at best you'll be able to do maybe 4-5k damage with it. That is after its charged, aimed, and then discharged on ONE enemy. If you miss well, try again next time. (no splash damage)

2.Shooting Gallery gives a random buff to a teammate (only one at a time randomly) of around 50%. The secondary effect is something of a temporary radial disarm but is VERY limited as to how many it affects at once. All in all its pretty meh unless you're playing solo and even then it could be better.

3.Shatter shield. I have no real qualms about this. It's a great skill that reduces 95% of all PROJECTILE damage that comes your way. However if you happen to stand still and get melee'd well good luck.(Just wait theres more)

4. Mesas fourth skill peace maker, guess what, Requires you to stand still. With Max Transient Fortitude and Intensify, 85% Power Strength increase. I was doing maybe 2k-4k(With crits) a shot to grineer on Kiste. However the fast fire rate and acquisition of the skill made it viable. HOWEVER with this most recent hotfix the fire rate was nerfed to the ground. So as ineffective as it was before in say infested missions you might as well put a sign above you that reads "eat me" when you go into peacemaker. Since you are not able to rapidly take down the infested.

Lol I hit 6.3k crits with just intensify, and her ulti is line of sight, she is not a melee frame and why would you want to stand still with the new infested?

Pardon my grammar.

what bothers me is the new sound

Same here. I fire 10 times and only hear like 3 shots. The visual to audio difference is confusing.

The ability in general seems flawed and unreliable in general.

Another flaw which is bothering me is that you never know in which order she will shoot at enemies. Sometimes she hits 10 guys 20 meters away while two guys in front of her are left untouched. Being free to turn her into swiss cheese while you are unable to move.

Well i'm not relying on it too much.

Update:

Just tested it. The ability is activated a lot faster and i didn't notice any difference in fire speed or damage.

Edited by Othergrunty

Lol I hit 6.3k crits with just intensify, and her ulti is line of sight, she is not a melee frame and why would you want to stand still with the new infested?

Pardon my grammar.

i find the latest hotfix just nerfed her utl badly, it wasnt enough that she could barely fire at a decent rate but now that's gone and in replacement, just a steady stream of slow firing regulators. i was to believe that her utl fire at a fast pace, not as if shes a gun god, but a dam good gunslinger. Was trying to main her, but with this hotfix, ill just head back to nova and amd spam

Edited by LoveNot

Pardon my grammar.

ff44cb6f3eb25ead98e5ba7b68dae686.png

I'm hitting 3k tops at Ceres, Kiste.

f412dda59b5eb35de71024d875c1afc1.png

So unless you're at the weakest things possible teach me your voodoo that you do so well. Please.

Also yea if you're still shooting at the same rate as before, you must have not bound a secondary fire key to the mouse wheel.

Edit: It's not my frame rate being crap either. I do not run on a potatoe.

51f14213b2c92e7566a826eea9105436.png

Edited by LuxLo

*WARNING* RANT BELOW BASED ON TOPIC/ASSUMPTIONS *WARNING*

Her Ult is FPS binded...and they STILL nerfed the fire rate?

Well I expected this..I mean....I'm dang near a psychic when it comes to future changes/nerfs

Well now she won't be able to use her Ult to assist her team because now the enemies will just walk right up to here and gun her down......if they are going to NERF the Fire Rate then atleast let me MOVE SLOWLY while I'm in the ULT

I do mediocre damage....i cant move.....now the fire rate is nerfed......add that on it being fps dependent.......then add in the fact since she cant move grineer and corpus will have a FIELD DAY...lets not get me started on infested 

great..just FLIPPIN GREAT

every freakin time fun is ruined]]

Edit: Now that I've tested it....seems to work better now :)

Edited by Ishki88

i find the latest hotfix just nerfed her utl badly, it wasnt enough that she could barely fire at a decent rate but now that gone and in replace, just a steady stream of slow firing regulators. i was to believe that her utl fire at a fast pace, not as if shes a gun god, but a dam good gunslinger. Was trying to main her, but with this hotfix, ill just head back to nova and amd spam

She has loads of passive skills That could also be affecting it but i am not sure about that.

She has loads of passive skills That could also be affecting it but i am not sure about that.

They dont affect my fps/ Mesa's Utl firerate im sure of it

It'll be great tho, if her utl is ACTUALLY affected by her sidearm-Firerate/Crit/Damage etc

Edited by LoveNot

Came here to post and keep the thread alive. Just revert the Mesa changes entirely DE. The frame was fun to use and now it just handles like a mess.

People are still farming it and the fact that you thought it necessary to force a change on a frame right out of the gate and can't be bothered to put it anywhere in the patch notes is frustrating.

Came here to post and keep the thread alive. Just revert the Mesa changes entirely DE. The frame was fun to use and now it just handles like a mess.

People are still farming it and the fact that you thought it necessary to force a change on a frame right out of the gate and can't be bothered to put it anywhere in the patch notes is frustrating.

I hope that her new animations with PM just broke the fire rate since they weren't mentioned in the patch notes, and if it was intentional she could at least utilize Natural Talent.

I hope that her new animations with PM just broke the fire rate since they weren't mentioned in the patch notes, and if it was intentional she could at least utilize Natural Talent.

Exactly if it was just the sounds and animations then ill just have to get over it. But its literally the functionality of it that was broken/nerfed.

Edited by LuxLo

Exactly if it was just the sounds and animations then ill just have to get over it. But its literally the functionality of it that was broken/nerfed.

From Patch Notes:

"Made various audio tweaks to Mesa’s Regulator pistols, in addition to some visual tweaks to Peacemaker’s effects."

It's all in your head.

Edited by Ryme

"Made various audio tweaks to Mesa’s Regulator pistols, in addition to some visual tweaks to Peacemaker’s effects."

It's all in your head.

Also, read patch notes before posting next time.

Ninja Updates... Is all i can think about

U mean like valkyr's hysteria used to be and yet still kinda strangely does?

Somewhat yes, I actually been told (by friends/ Clannies etc, and not offically, least i havent seen it) it was suppose to be like this

Edited by LoveNot

From Patch Notes:

It's all in your head.

It is not all in my head. The fire rate was severely nerfed, however those who did not have good pcs would not know the difference since the fire rate was dependent on your frames per second.

I think you're confusing visual with functional here.  Visually, yes, speed of an Aklex.  Functionally I'm still wiping stuff off the map at an alarming rate of speed.

Visual and actual firing are the exact same. She fires twice, she hits twice, she fires 10 times, she hits 10 times. Tested on multiple maps, against multiple enemies, what she visually does is what she actually does.

The attack is much slower now. If she fired the guns like before, both at the same time, it would be twice as fast, which would be nice.

The attacks also seem much weaker now, things that I'd 1 hit before (and not even high levels) now take at least 2 hits.

It seems based on what weapon your wielding. Still <3 love mesa.

It's not, tested with different guns, rate of fire is always the same.

Honestly, they should spend more time working on her target assessment (closer targets first than those further away) than on changing the visuals and sounds to worse while nerfing the attacking while at it.

Edit: Peacemaker now has a hold to shoot mechanic, and the rate of fire has a wind up time.

Edited by Sorrow0110

So many posters flipping out about a purely visual change.

You can fire regulators just as fast as ever.

It fires about half as fast now, the sound is terrible, and visually it looks worse. It's not just in our heads. If it did the same damage and fired just as fast I'd have no problem with it, but it doesn't, and that's what I take issue with the most.

Edited by NCRZombie