Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silva & Aegis - New Mechanical Sword/shield [Megathread]

Awazx

Is it a terrible weapon? Is it really? Maybe it's just a weapon for low level players? Do we argue that the cronus is a terrible weapon? I can't remember going to any difficulty in crafting it. 

A buff? Maybe. A buff that big? no. 

Swords and shields are cool. I wouldn't mind seeing another sword and shield weapon that does a damage type other than heat. 

Maybe it's just a weapon for low level players? 

There is no reason for Silva & Aegis should be for low level players.

A buff would make this awesome weapon anything useful at all levels and for all players. Do we need more weapons? Yes, but also that existing weapons are better.

My suggestions for a buff are balanced, considering it is a weapon Clan, high cost and other weapons base statistics are higher than those suggested in this thread.
Edited by Awazx

I think that the bonus armour is a phenomenal idea. especially when considering it lacks damage (although 50 would be enough for me) making it a defensive options for squishier frames just sounds exciting. besides it's a research weapon why shouldn't it be a bit broken? just look at the phage against high level grineer that's a research weap and a shotgun no less. also i am in full support of the charge idea. it would be original and feel so awesome to just holster your gear, activate the shield and burst through the enemies with complete impunity.

An idea I had for it was the blocking mechanic of the weapon needed to be changed. my idea was that when you block you get rooted in place, but you block 100% damage from any direction (this includes aoe splash damage such as from bombards) possibly by use of a bubble-shield effect around you somewhat like sentinel's sanctuary.  It would still consume stamina so you can't do this forever, but it would give the shield a purpose. Stamina drain can be kept as-is to balance out how powerful this would be. The block effect only works while using melee stance (sorry reflex guard spammers). I would also like to see something along the lines of using the shield as a battering ram type weapon. Got some bombards clogging up the doorway you want to go through? Swap to melee stance, do a combo, and rush them, knocking them out of the way a short distance-just long enough to run past. Damage on it will be negligible, since it's a purely defensive move. 

The stats are fine, perhaps change the mechanics of the weapon itself.

Increased stamina drain for blocking with a shield/defensive weapon is fine? Abysmal non-physical element damage is fine?

It's a community designed weapon. Look at the Kronen. They blow Silva & Aegis out of the water, and yet they're also a community designed weapon. Silva & Aegis should AT LEAST be buffed up to the Kronen's level, otherwise it's just disrespectful to Silverbones...

Increased stamina drain for blocking with a shield/defensive weapon is fine? Abysmal non-physical element damage is fine?

It's a community designed weapon. Look at the Kronen. They blow Silva & Aegis out of the water, and yet they're also a community designed weapon. Silva & Aegis should AT LEAST be buffed up to the Kronen's level, otherwise it's just disrespectful to Silverbones...

I never mentioned increased stamina drain. There is no increase in stamina drain in this weapon. It's always been the same. A decrease is preferred, but not necessary as there are mods that can refill the stamina bar very quickly.

The Kronen is a completely different weapon with a mastery requirement of 3, not 0 like Silva & Aegis. You're comparing a short-sword and a shield to bladed Tonfas. Both weapons being community designed are irrelevant. You should compare Silva & Aegis to another community weapon that is sword and shield. It's also not disrespectful because they bothered to implement the weapon into the game. A community moderator's design.

Edited by Mikovsky

No. It's a sword and shield. It's damage stats should be close to a failure. What it needs is a defensive boost. Not a damage boost. It's not supposed to be an offensive weapon. If you're looking for an AoE offensive weapon, look at others. There is many that fits the criteria. We don't need another one.

It's a shield and sword. 

Not a glorified great sword.

I believe Silva and Aegis should not consume energy when blocking tbh and knock down enemies you sprint over when blocking ( this would consume energy instead ) .

The reason why they haven't added this feature is because then you can combine this and reflection and become invincible while dealing damage.

Edited by jjpdn