Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Decoy

prodavit

Loki is often considered the best frame in the game. He doesn't need any changes at all. Any time I talk about frame balance, I use Loki as an example of how a frame should be. His abilities work well on their own and work even better together. He is not weak, far from it. 

Not sure how you didn't noticed this, but the second part of the very post you quoted covers how to utilized decoy without the need for other abilities to assist it.  Proper placement even allows this already very, very powerful 1 to be used even whilst solo to gain a significant advantage against one's foes.

I main Loki and agree that proper placement makes decoy incredibly useful. I will say however that not having the time to do that proper placement when running and gunning (trying to get to life support in a hurry, trying to catch a capture target that got spooked or reviving a fallen teammate sometimes the whole squad etc) you don't always have time for proper placement and decoy doesn't buy you the time you need without that once past the easy missions.

Edited by Keiiken

Not sure how you didn't noticed this, but the second part of the very post you quoted covers how to utilized decoy without the need for other abilities to assist it.  Proper placement even allows this already very, very powerful 1 to be used even whilst solo to gain a significant advantage against one's foes.

And then Decoy becomes effectively worthless seeing as it loses all of its current advantages in a major way.  The fact tha it stands still is by far one of Decoy's strong suits.  Why turn a solid and unique ability into a copy of Specters when... well we already have Specters?

If you want a Specter, bring a Specter.  No reason to ruin Decoy.

Loki is often considered the best frame in the game. He doesn't need any changes at all. Any time I talk about frame balance, I use Loki as an example of how a frame should be. His abilities work well on their own and work even better together. He is not weak, far from it. 

Ya OK he is really good i can admit that, but it is also how his decoy appears and acts compared to the specters. it is like he has a really out dated tech and makes the seem that the enemy so stupid, it cannot see the difference between a silhouette that is similar to a specter in its function and origin, and a rock. It makes the AI seem completely brain dead. So maybe it doesn't have to act like a specter, but make it at least copy the way you look and deal an amount of damage like the specter. Unless you want him to use outdated tech and make the enemy seem to have less brains than the animals on earth. That's fine too, if you want to lessen the immersion the game gives you.

I main Loki and agree that proper placement makes decoy incredibly useful. I will say however that not having the time to do that proper placement when running and gunning (trying to get to life support in a hurry, trying to catch a capture target that got spooked or reviving a fallen teammate sometimes the whole squad etc) you don't always have time for proper placement and decoy doesn't buy you the time you need without that once past the easy missions.

Well of course, the skills has its flaws and weak points.  It is a 1 after all, if it had no drawbacks I'd be here calling fot it to be nerfed  :p

No skill should be perfect, especialy moreso when it's a freaking one.

Ya OK he is really good i can admit that, but it is also how his decoy appears and acts compared to the specters. it is like he has a really out dated tech and makes the seem that the enemy so stupid, it cannot see the difference between a silhouette that is similar to a specter in its function and origin, and a rock. It makes the AI seem completely brain dead. So maybe it doesn't have to act like a specter, but make it at least copy the way you look and deal an amount of damage like the specter. Unless you want him to use outdated tech and make the enemy seem to have less brains than the animals on earth. That's fine too, if you want to lessen the immersion the game gives you.

Broaden your perspective, instead of only thinking of things from where you see them.  To us, sure it looks like a wonky hologram.  But to the foes it very well looks like the real deal.

Beyond that, its current appearance helps vastly with visability for us, anyone Loki or ally can clearly see a Decoy from a mile away.  Gameplay mechanics before immersion.

Honestly if people have issues of decoying dying too quickly ?

We can do this.

Give decoy a 5 second invulnerable timer that cannot be extended (just like Globe)

The benefits will be quite substantial.

1) It helps Loki out on his initial squishy factor (since we can't install ability mod cards now and have to wait at a set timer)

2) It helps newer players with poorer mods.

3) We no longer need to exploit the decoy inside a box thingie

4) Can help a bit more in high level games.

Edited by fatpig84

My main issue is that the decoy is so obviously a decoy. I wish it were something more dynamic.

Everyone says I'm crazy but I think decoy should summon 4 spectres that last 10 seconds, do no damage and just run around switch teleporting and disarming enemies. And they would take no damage either

Edited by KindCollusion