Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Release Nova Prime In A Quest, Please.

Innocent_Flower

The void is oversaturated with Biased RNG drops (and an underdeveloped faction that needs a little attention, because they're so uninteresting despite them being fought so much) 

-I don't wanna have to grind t5 survival at 40 mins for 40 times to get a helmet. I did it for ember, I did it for whino, I did it for loki. (frost and mag weren't too difficult at the time) 

-I'm a student. I'm poor. My money that isn't for fees or accomadation goes to noodles, £1.50 pizzas and an unusual amount of chocolate milk. Granted I can buy some plat when it's 50% off or more, but there's no chance of me getting a prime access in the near future. We're not all students but I'd wager a good portion of players are in places where prime access is fool's talk. 

- Using the trade channel is genuinely soul rendering. 

If you can do it like frost or mag back in the day (remember when you could get all of mag from a single long game of survival?) Then It'd be fine, but seeing as how the void has only gotten worse; We know that's unlikely to happen.

So, Unless the drop tables are going to be fixed (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) The best thing for us would be a quest. No Hydroid nav points, No mesa horror story. A quest. 

Something like

-Lotus has found interesting chatter by intercepting corpus/grineer radio. Players must do an interception mission. 

-C/G believe they have found the location of a long lost orokin warframe facility. They'l be creating a portal on a planet to that place in the void

- Players go to that place, Fighting through g/c, entering their portal. They must find the warframe. They're too late. It's been taken away for research

-Players must steal information from the area around the portal on the location of the facility. However to do so they must Fly to it in archwings OR Hijack a ship with the help of someone they just did a mission for. (or Hijack a ship with the help of archwings) The stolen ship will allow them to get close to the facility. 

Players must Exterminate,sabotage and find the captive frame in the facility. Get a part 

- Players must defend the warframe storage. Get a part. 

- Players must Take the cryopod along a Hijack path out of the facility. Get A part. 

You can make it insanely difficult and make each mission long with multiple objectives; Doing the same mission again and again feels fair if it's because you're failing. Doing the mission again and again and getting the wrong reward feels more like the game is failing you than you it. 

EDIT:

Other than crazy difficulty, DE could encourage prime access by:

Releasing the quest a little while after prime access is available. Players who buy PA immediatly get content that won't be available to others for a week or two. Temporary exclusivity!

Limit the quest only to those who are MR9+ and have at some point had the Regular frame

Limit trading of prime parts to those of MR9+ only.  

The usual: exclusive goodies, too much plat, boosters, weapons, potato'd goods

Edited by Innocent_Flower

i don't mind farming, but getting the part you want in the void seems impossible. It'd be fine if they made more types of void missions with only 4-5 drops so that the odds of getting a part is increased.

Though they should make a quest for Vauban. 

Edited by SYLUX6574

So you want timewall instead of grindwall, interesting choice.

The frustration of getting mirage and limbo was less murderous than getting loki. 

Not gonna happen, it's a prime, and all prime items can be only obtained from towers.

* so far. 

Also, some of the parts are in OD. So like... why would you take that stance?

So you want timewall instead of grindwall, interesting choice.

Why not both? Those who like grinding forever (lol like those exist) can do so as normal. Those who would prefer the time wall can do the quest. The quest can be drawn out over a LONG time to compensate. But i guess we will have to see how the void trader will work. Maybe he will have a hand in the new prime parts.

This thing can be easly fixed. We have 7 keys times 4 difficulties (i know that interception has only t4 but it would be easier to have all other keys for interception), we dont need to place one part on few keys. But if it happens we have RNG for keys. So make each normal gamemode drop only certain types of keys: interception drops itself and sabotage, defence drops itself, extermination and mobile defence, and survival drops itself and capture.

It's a good idea, from a non-paying player's perspective.

Let's not sweeten facts here, Primed Warframes have and always will be how DE earns their money. In the end, that's how Warframe earns their income. To give players a sure-fire way to get Prime Warframes on the spot would defeat the purpose of Prime Access. I'm okay with paying for a Prime Warframe fully assembled and potatoed if I really want it. Anything else doesn't really matter if I have to depend on RNG.

Getting the parts would also wreck the trade system, I can already predict people abusing the system and selling parts for plats. Sure they don't get the Nova Prime, but to some money is a better option. Even worse, some who buy Prime Access may do the quest and get parts to sell so they can cut losses.

It's a fine notion, but it won't happen.

One small problem: 

Prime Access sales would most likely suffer quite a small bit from your suggestion. 

Prime access also comes with

-Too much plat. 

-A potatoed frame

-potato'd prime weapons. Also a huge part of why people would want to buy prime access.

-Exclusive prime accessories 

Some other bonus like an extractor or something. 

- Ridiculously long boosters. 

Make the quest really hard and both mastery locked and requiring the original nova to have  been used. 

Also. The effectiveness of the trading channels in getting DE plat is incredibly overstated. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Prime access also comes with

-Too much plat. 

-A potatoed frame

-potato'd prime weapons. Also a huge part of why people would want to buy prime access.

-Exclusive prime accessories 

Some other bonus like an extractor or something. 

- Ridiculously long boosters. 

In which there is also a healthy portion that would also want to buy the Prime Warframe too. 

Really, I do not think DE(L) would be thinking of cutting off a noticeable portion of their main sales revenue generation method.