Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Irradiating Disarm Is An Example Of What Augments Should Be #augmentsarebandaids

XxCurtennoxX

Yep, yet another of these topics ;)

In my opinion (yes my opinion, doesn't mean everyone must agree), irradiating disarm is what augments should be. They should improve already good abilities. They should be WORTH the mod slot. As many other posts have explained, many augments should be integrated into frame abilities. Many augments are simply making "bad" abilities viable, rather than being a buff which many abilities actually do need. Making augments part of the "bad" abilities would actually discourage spamming 4 all the the time. Yes, spamming 4 can still be the most "effective" way of killing, but giving the 1-3 abilities the buffs that augments provide would make players think about using most of their abilities.

Augments like Loki's Irradiating Disarm, Nekros' Despoil, and Mag's augment are what augments should be. They should add another layer to already good abilities, and in nekros' case, even allow for a completely different build/way of playing. Half these augments offered by syndicates shouldn't require a mod slot, nor are they worth it when they should be an actual buff to the base ability.

Off the the top of my head, Regenerating Molt, Anitmatter Absorb, Repelling Bastille, and Irradiating Disarm at least sound like worthwhile augment mods (even if ID kinda treads over Chaos territory). Stuff like the Fire Blast and Slash Dash augment should've been default features of those skills.

Purchasing the augment from a syndicate should just permanently fuse the augment to that ability without need for a mod slot. This way players who support the syndicates have bonuses to their abilities even when some of them might not be quite as good as we'd like. 

I agree. With now two mods for each frame, there is no way I can make any use of them without giving up a mod I already have. We NEED more space.

Also I have to add, Bastille's augment is a great one too. It is a great alternative to Vortex in infested missions.

Edited by R34LM

ID is right up in Nyx's territory...

I have an idea! Make the Absorb augment "DISARMING Absorb"! Fair game don't you think?^^

Purchasing the augment from a syndicate should just permanently fuse the augment to that ability without need for a mod slot. This way players who support the syndicates have bonuses to their abilities even when some of them might not be quite as good as we'd like. 

So much this. +1!

Off the the top of my head, Regenerating Molt, Anitmatter Absorb, Repelling Bastille, and Irradiating Disarm at least sound like worthwhile augment mods (even if ID kinda treads over Chaos territory). Stuff like the Fire Blast and Slash Dash augment should've been default features of those skills.

Exactly, they need to feel worth the mod slot. Improving a generally lackluster ability through the use of an augment is a terrible idea. It's almost like having the warframe ability mod slots back, as you're having to use a slot to improve an ability and just make it useable. Sure, the idea of augments is to improve the ability, but improving an ability just to make it viable rather than improving an already useful ability, is the wrong way to go.

Agree, agree and agree. The first ability of frost froze the target, but the firt of ember do...useless damage. Ember is weak now (i know, there millions of posts about this) and their augmented mods don't help.

Both augmented mods for Oberon sucks too.

I wouldn't say permanently

But having it so you can switch it on and off is good

Like when you go to your abilities menu you can choose to apply one or not

To be honest the "wearing_socks" idea is so damn good, once you purchase the mod you "install" that augment on your frame without wasting mod slots, this is similar as being able to use all four skills change, it just improves the gameplay in most frames.

Edited by Rhaenxys

if you buy syndicate ability mods, they should become passive abilities to the warframe. most of the mods are situational or bad, so they are not worth a mod slot. besides, this is a great way to get people to use different powers in different situations rather than having builds meant for a specific power.

The problem I see with this, is after all abilities have multiple augments it could turn into "press any key to win" . Possibly only allow one augment per ability at a time 

Mods for a abilities should go on the abilities page, one slot for each and the cap drain limit is set by either the warframe level or the aura they have. Augmented mods should not be part of the warframe setup as they dont impact the frame but just its abilities.

The problem I see with this, is after all abilities have multiple augments it could turn into "press any key to win" . Possibly only allow one augment per ability at a time 

i go further to one augment per frame at a time.

Sure, the idea of augments is to improve the ability, but improving an ability just to make it viable rather than improving an already useful ability, is the wrong way to go.

unless the idea was improving less used and under powered abilities, what changes in game play if you buff the only ability players were using already.

btw for the most  part the improvements are going 1st skill, 2nd skill, i can't wait to see the Super Jump Augment and his own S#&$storm

unless the idea was improving less used and under powered abilities, what changes in game play if you buff the only ability players were using already.

btw for the most  part the improvements are going 1st skill, 2nd skill, i can't wait to see the Super Jump Augment and his own S#&$storm

I would agree with you if so many abilities weren't so lackluster to begin with. You shouldn't HAVE to use augment mods JUST to make abilities viable. They should be, as their name implies "augments", making already viable and fun abilities more fun and viable. I don't see the point in WASTING a good mod slot just to make one ability suck less.^^'

Irradiating Disarm is a great example of how to make an already useful ability even more useful (and possibly hilarious^^).

Edited by Marthrym

I disagree. 

While I would certainly support a new way to equip Augment Mods that doesn't limit us further, I will not support something that would pretty much force us to keep the mod on at all times. 

Some augments don't fit certain builds or playstyles, and forcing players to keep them on permanently means punishing those who use said builds which might specialize in some other way.

Irradiating disarm takes a huge chunk out of trinity and oberons job

It also trivializes enemies heavily

Its 10 secs at Max rank, but this is affected by power duration. This means with a dedicated Radial disarm build you're only gonna get around 4 secs of radiation, therefore it can not really be considered "overpowered". No one can really say it's taking over nyx's job, because of this reason. There's no complaints of Oberon's radiation procs "taking over nyx" so 4 secs of radiation from Loki certainly doesn't make Nyx less useful! Edited by XxCurtennoxX

inb4 accidentally buying Despoil and now you're stuck with using only HP for desecrate even tho you want to use energy.

inb4 accidentally buying Despoil and now you're stuck with using only HP for desecrate even tho you want to use energy.

That raises a good point. While I like wearing_socks' idea, if it is implemented, we should be able to freely install or remove the augments.

Though, i feel like that might give us players a bit too much flexibility. Perhaps just one dedicated augment slot would be better. That way, players can make use of an augment without sacrificing a regular mod, but can't just stack on every augment that is released for the Warframe without any drawbacks.