Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Why Not Just Give Us Back The Slots You Took From Us?

OverlordMcGeek

The ability augment mods take up space to:

Most mods should have already been baseline to the powers already, as we in the design council have been telling bringing to your attention during all of the voting/creating for the new ideas.

I would be more detailed in this but I am currently so angry right now it wouldn't be correct to keep going. Angry at something warframe related.

I dont use augment mods, cause i dont want to remove any useful mod in my builds.

If they just had more slots, I wouldn't use augments either, would prefer to put useful stuff first.

So, if they are giving us more slots, lets hope its a mod slot only for augment mods.

IF they wanted the augments to actually be comparable to survivability and QOL mods, they would've made them actually augment the abilities, rather than just be a quick patch up to abilities that should've been innate traits. Some of the augments are good, they actually add an interesting dynamic to powers, Irradiated Disarm for example, but Freeze Impedance and the new Slash Dash augment are traits that should already be in the ability. They are not items that should add to an ability, they are items that should've already been there. Augments should enhance and/or change an ability that is already good, and allow it to be great, not make an ability useable or have CC/scale like it should already have.

They should find a way of letting augments be swapped in and out without reducing the players mod pool.

DE went through so much work revamping Warframe powers to NOT be mods, then make all new powers into mods subsequently.

Like my face is literally this when I think about it: th_lulntard.gif

They should really make the augments into an aura or a new slot or something.

Watch the Dev Stream..   esh..  its being talked about, but as much as I'm for the idea of an augment slot (As in One Slot)  there is no need to get upset over it..

Is there someplace where the Dev Stream is written at? I'm deaf you see...

Edit: Dec is not a word

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

no thanks its fine as it is and you have more than enough spots to customize and easily complete any content as it stands, any more would make it way to bloody easy, and frankly i like the fact you have to make a choice, removing skilsland giving us 2 extra slots already removed most choices you have to make, any more and there's no need for choices as youll be able to slot everything useful at once.

needing to make choices makes the game fun, everyone isn't the same cookie-cutter build.

saying that , the augments could use a little tweak to make them a more appealing option.

laters

Monk

IF they wanted the augments to actually be comparable to survivability and QOL mods, they would've made them actually augment the abilities, rather than just be a quick patch up to abilities that should've been innate traits. Some of the augments are good, they actually add an interesting dynamic to powers, Irradiated Disarm for example, but Freeze Impedance and the new Slash Dash augment are traits that should already be in the ability. They are not items that should add to an ability, they are items that should've already been there. Augments should enhance and/or change an ability that is already good, and allow it to be great, not make an ability useable or have CC/scale like it should already have.

+1. Still crying over here.

I think it would be nice if we had one more mods slot just for augments...

Watch the Dev Stream..   esh..  its being talked about, but as much as I'm for the idea of an augment slot (As in One Slot)  there is no need to get upset over it..

i HAVE TO AGREE With OP... my nekros was straight DES nek... when DE took 2 slots, I was given 2-3 forma (as only 1 skill slot used for desecrate) But I legitimately lost 2 slots... as did other frames where I put on different mods as opposed to skills... Now with new PWR STR mods and Duration mods + Ability augments... We really could use those 2 slots back. No silly workarounds, no silly augment slots... Just add the 2 slots back for the sake of utility.

DE mentioned they are considering (finally) an augment only slot which will pretty much fix my only issue with the augment system.

Returning things to how they were seems like a bit of a backwards step especially if we are getting an augment slot.

IF we were to get two slots back I can pretty much guarantee you most people aren't going to use them for utility mods and instead will just shove another power related or shield/health mod in there.

I'm fine with the current system as long as we get an augment mod slot. That being said, I'm still not sure how I feel about utility mod slots etc.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I hope they give us one per ability, that way we can spec out our powers and specialize them as we see fit, further making our WarFrames unique to us.

As do I. 

In the months and years ahead there will likely be multiple augment options for each ability.

At that point we will certainly be happiest if we can slot one augment per ability.

Kind of like diablo 3's rune system.

As do I. 

In the months and years ahead there will likely be multiple augment options for each ability.

At that point we will certainly be happiest if we can slot one augment per ability.

Kind of like diablo 3's rune system.

Exactly. For the moment there are very few augments that are useful for powers, but I am hoping in the future, as more augments are rolled out per ability, that we have a slot for each power to change as we wish.

Exactly. For the moment there are very few augments that are useful for powers, but I am hoping in the future, as more augments are rolled out per ability, that we have a slot for each power to change as we wish.

Indeed. A lot of folks are offering feedback on the limited choices we have now. At this moment we don't have many augments.

But good design for a persistent game has to account for the eventual growth of the system. 

I can't know the future...but I'm pretty dang sure DE is going to want to keep offering new augment mod options to keep the players grinding that syndicate rep.

Would actually pin for 2 augment-only slots.

This is because im anticipating more augments for both skills that already have or do not yet have an augment.

Wouldnt make sense that in the near future, each frame may have 5ish available augments but only 1 aug slot.

2 of 5 seems a much desirable position for choosing 2 augments centric to your build.

I hope they give us one per ability, that way we can spec out our powers and specialize them as we see fit, further making our WarFrames unique to us.

So you mean equipping all four augment skills, one for each skill, like EVERYBODY else would do? That's not unique, that's just wanting to upgrade the skills, which this new system isn't about.