Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revert Excalibur Ult So Its Not Passing Through Walls.

BloodKitten

i played with excal alot, i even have the proto skin, i stopped playing him when he started to ignore walls, all they had to do was to just buff the damage and add punch through.

At the same time you stopped playing as him, people started playing with him.

While you were using javelin, everyone was using blind.

When they applied loS to blind, they stopped playing Excalibur, no one cared or even used Javelin.

So many threads about how much Excalibur sucks. it can pain the dev team to see a warframe go ignored though it hardly seems they cares most times.

Rather than buff anything else, they chose to buff Javelin to your dismay. So if they revert it, Excalibur goes back into the trash bin.

Do you want Excalibur to be seen as trash?

Dev team doesn't seem to be doing anything else with him. It'll be long before they touch him again. That is how it goes. More armor means nothing.

Reworks get ignored, so Javelin and blind is all this Warframe has.

excalibur was perfectly fine, but now, hes another *spam 4 and dont bother using your brain*

please revert the changes to his ult, and give him armor buff insted.

Edit: since people think its a whine post, excalibur was always a good frame, he requiered skillfull players to get the most out of him, and imo, was better then most frames, but removing the line of sight just broke him, and now hes another frame that people can just set a mecro to 4 and not bother to actually playing.

Pretty sure an excalibur user annoyed you 4 spamming and you had low kills :3 well...........pipe down -_- Major part of the community wants excal the way he is.

Pretty sure an excalibur user annoyed you 4 spamming and you had low kills :3 well...........pipe down -_- Major part of the community wants excal the way he is.

its not about kills, its about getting bored since someone wipe the whole map and the only way to actually fight or shoot something is spawn rushing.

they should just go solo if they can kill everything themself.

its not about kills, its about getting bored since someone wipe the whole map and the only way to actually fight or shoot something is spawn rushing.

they should just go solo if they can kill everything themself.

Kill stealer = boredom. Doesn't have to be about kill count.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Cleaning

Kill stealer = boredom. Doesn't have to be about kill count.

You remind me of those that hated Nova with the passion of a trillion suns...

i dont care about kills, i care about people that clearly built for solo, not letting anyone else having fun, im playing mesa and i dont spam peacemake in pugs, even if i can, only spamming ults if im playing with friends, farming for prime parts for ducats.

i dont care about kills, i care about people that clearly built for solo, not letting anyone else having fun, im playing mesa and i dont spam peacemake in pugs, even if i can, only spamming ults if im playing with friends, farming for prime parts for ducats.

Thus they are stealing your kills which is stealing your fun. Same thing.

No kills, no fun.

Not even about # of kills at end.

it if makes you happy, more nullifier crewman and anti aoe enemies should spawn to amp things up, would you like that?

Anti aoe damage lowers aoe(javelin) damage to next to nothing.

Edited by Jinryusai

Thus they are stealing your kills which is stealing your fun. Same thing.

No kills, no fun.

Not even about # of kills at end.

10 waves, bearly doing anything except trying to figure out where the loot drop at, might as well be one of those "afk leechers" if i cant participate.

10 waves, bearly doing anything except trying to figure out where the loot drop at, might as well be one of those "afk leechers" if i cant participate.

until a certain Ancient pops up.

Good lord, that was questionable moderating on that part to remove my post.

Play the bloody game, don't tell how others should play the bloody game and if you don't like it, take your advice and go solo.

No amount of cleaning shall redeem this thread.

The ability is the exact same thing as it was before, but you can actually hit stuff now. It has always been a nuke and one with poor damage and limited targeting, it is actually useful now but you want to nerf it back into unreliability because people are actually using the ability now?

The ability is the exact same thing as it was before, but you can actually hit stuff now. It has always been a nuke and one with poor damage and limited targeting, it is actually useful now but you want to nerf it back into unreliability because people are actually using the ability now?

could also use it back in update 7, have a mag put bullet atrractor on a bullet sponge boss befor the rework and damage 2.0, and pretty much almost kill it, it premoted some sort of team work, need to start and think how to get frame powers to work with other powers and contribute to co-op gameplay.

Edited by BloodHungryKitten

Good lord, that was questionable moderating on that part to remove my post.

Play the bloody game, don't tell how others should play the bloody game and if you don't like it, take your advice and go solo.

I dont think he is strong enough to go solo...so maybe thats why he is complaining? Vets can make nuking frames easy and he cannot. This might be solved if Vets did not need to go to lower level difficulties? The Vets might be making it too easy by completing missions for these lower MR players and they are getting bored?

I am actually not sure what the real issue is that he is trying to communicate.

Me Personally...I like playing with other people but when I make a loadout I bring stuff that I know I can complete the mission solo because there is no guarantee that people will join my game. I just leave my game setting set to public.

could also use it back in update 7, have a mag put bullet atrractor on a bullet sponge boss befor the rework and damage 2.0, and pretty much almost kill it, it premoted some sort of team work, need to start and think how to get frame powers to work with other powers and contribute to co-op gameplay.

Should it be reverted, have fun being the only one using Excalibur or even Javelin :)

However synergy much like Guild Wars 2 must come. And that synergy you mentioned must return even if javelin damage is lower within attractor.

While it is sad to see that feature go let me tell you what it was overal:

It required the use of another, spefic warframe. Which means you obviously were not going to be able to perform this tactic often.

It had a really limited use, like seriously limited. Besides bullet sponge bosses in what other situation was that be actually useful to justify the use of a 100 energy cost ability? There was no point in using it with regular mobs since it was an obvious waste of overkill damage. Even Eximi right now are just mobs with a little more health and a special effect, but still don't require such tactic to be easily taken down.

It was a loss, but a too ridiculously situational one. Not to say that it wouldn't be bad if it returned, however I don't know you but I am willing to let a situational use of an ability go of it means to make the overall use of said ability better.

Edited by RahuStalker

i understand where op is coming from. its pretty cheesy to press 4 to kill stuff through walls. but it doesn't feel any more rewarding to stand on top of a box just to hit one or two extra peeps. this problem stems from the ult starting from the base of the warframe. this wouldnt be as much of an issue if the blades shot from over top of Excaliburs head

You can only have 1 or the other.

1) Revert RB changes then nerf radial javelin to LOS.

2) Keep Radial Javelin as it is, keep LOS nerf on RB.

Bear in mind, aside from Mag and Excal which have LOS on their CC skills (Pull and RB), the other frames do not have LOS restrictions on their CC skills. Even Mesa's shoot gallery can stun enemies not in your LOS.

So if you want to fix RJ to semi-worthlessness, DE better revert RB's nerf.

Edited by fatpig84

@fatpig84
Especially considering how broken the current RJ was when it did have LoS on it.
Here is something that actually happened:
I walked into a fairly open room and ran forward to cast RJ.
A butcher ran through the door behind me as I hit 4 and hit me in the back of the head.
He wasn't hit by RJ even though he was hitting me because excal hadn't "seen" him.

It was still much better than when it spawned 13 javelins that rarely hit their targets.
But the LoS restriction on it was absurd considering that no other ultimate has LoS and since it deals physical damage it will only ever deal its full damage against Infested, with major penalties to the other factions.

RJ maxes out at 2990 damage.
That is too low to deserve an LoS restriction on it considering that it has nothing else going for it (the 3 second stun doesn't really count as the follow up animation takes 2.5 seconds so you aren't left with any stun at all).

They would have to do some major buffs and add a lot of utility or something to make it actually usable with an LoS restriction.

@fatpig84
I would honestly prefer that they add utility to RJ rather than damage, but the main point was that RJ isn't powerful enough, nor does it have enough utility, to deserve LoS.

I would prefer a CC blind bot or something else to a nuke bot myself.
But either way I think that they need to do something to RJ (making it a proper ult that does *something* at any decent level) or completely change the concept.

I think the design of Radial Javelin is just ultra boring and doesn't synergize with the utility and control of Radial Blind making that ability redundant. I would love for Radial Javelin to become a frontal cone Javelin Barrage. Then you could have more positioning choices than just being in the center of the room. You could get point blank to line up a group of enemies and hit a tough eximus with multiple javelins to the face, sending him crashing into the group behind him. Or you can superjump and rain down javelins onto a wide area. It could even be influenced by Power Range modifiers to have a wider cone for a superjump aerial bombardment build, or a tight cone for a hallway destroying build. Frontal Cone Javelin Storm would synergize with his other abilities in much more interesting ways. And it wouldn't be a carbon copy of Crush.

At the very least maybe it could be an augment mod. I think an augment that fundamentally changed the playstyle of a power in this way would be more interesting than just making the power better overall with extra procs and things that people expect to be baseline anyway.

Edited by Ryjeon