The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pyra Prime Is Terrible, It Needs Rework.

Zareek

This syandana looks freaking lame! No default the gold and poor flame design that could have beem way more epic but now it doesn't look like something something that's worth $50. I do not recommend anyone buying this prime access until it is fixed by DE. Horrible.

Edited by GKDK

My thoughts; Keep the tintable chrome parts, however,

A) Add a slot specifically for the Prime trim colors on anything prime.  This will not restrict customization to the rest of any syandanas, weapons, or frames this will apply to.

B) Make the backpack smaller, and the wings slightly pointed outward, with more phoenix wing-like fires.

Can we also please just get rid of all the "action figure pins" that most accessories have? I understand you don't want things to be floating off a warframe, but it looks extremely silly to have these metal poles poking through our frames' bodies. And since it's not feasible for the art team to rig every single cosmetic perfectly on every single warframe, all of each have different body types... the end result is that it just looks atrocious.

This also applies to stuff like Kunai/Hikou/Despair pouches. Just get rid of the connection pins, please. They never look good.

I would love for the metallic parts to show proper specularity. I would also really really love if the top / side flames came out and up just a hair more, to give the appearance of wings. I could live with the front of Wheatley from portal 2 being strapped to my back if it was prime shiny and had larger flames. Please DE make it a thing, you went back and fixed the Daedelus shoulders after shrinking them on rhino prime.

Yea agreed. I bought prime access and I'm not really digging this new pyra prime, it doesn't look too good to be called a prime. Where is the gold? I was excited for this new prime to come out but didn't expect it to be a let down. Doesn't feel like a prime, certainly not worth $50 at its current state. 

Edited by Fend

From the test build:

-Snip-

What's happening here is being relayed to the artists as we speak. For the first time ever this Prime gear has tintable metal (common request). The default on Nova is gold, and the Pyra Prime seems to have no default which is problem number 1.

Problem number 2, the above screenshot shows the same tint (just randomly chose an orange) applied to both metals. The discrepancy in how this tint is translated is noted, as well as the design overall.

So just to clarify, you're changing the overall design of it? If so, ill wait a few days before buying it to see what the art team come up with. and thank you for change-able gold.

Pyra Prime syandana looks awful. I was hoping for a beautiful syandana like Misa or Noru, and I would buy it in a heartbeat, but I'm definitely not paying for a terrible Backpack Prime.

Edited by Saerel

I think I have an idea that could make most people happy. "Most people" 

Retroactively make color #4 on Prime frames, and Prime parts, colorable. Set the Default color to the normal gold we all know, and some of us love. Then you nail everything. People that want gold can have gold, people that do not want gold can change it. People that want everything to match can make everything match regardless of color. I think this would make most people happy on the color issue. Have a good one all.

Zareek, this is all just opinion. 

Like to me, the Targris prime armor is ugly as hell. 

But the Syandana (though it a bit big) looks amazing to me.

Yes it's opinions, but too many of the PA buyers are unsatisfied with the designs, especially the packback. I'm personally going to ask for a refund if they don't tweak the design, which is something I really don't want. But I expect a proper "PRIME" accessory for that kind of money.

Yes it's opinions, but too many of the PA buyers are unsatisfied with the designs, especially the packback. I'm personally going to ask for a refund if they don't tweak the design, which is something I really don't want. But I expect a proper "PRIME" accessory for that kind of money.

I'm sorry Zareek, but this isn't something they'd give a refund for. Because it all just boils down to you being displeased with the look of an item. They wont give a refund for this. 

Wait, so this is intended? Wow that's interesting. I wonder if the older prime items will be retroactively changed accordingly~

Is there any chance we could get an additional colour select added so we can tint the metal independantly of the other colours? Syandanas share their colouration with our other attachments and keeping the gold gold ruins my armour colours on nearly all of my frames.

I'm sorry Zareek, but this isn't something they'd give a refund for. Because it all just boils down to you being displeased with the look of an item. They wont give a refund for this. 

If they wont give a refund then that's that. I should have checked the items before I purchased, so it's my own fault. But I'm still going to try. But for now I will see what they are going to do to the design. 

Edited by Zareek