Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Drop Tables' Rotation C Was Stealth Nerfed, Please Raise Awareness Of This Issue

cyrus106

From my point of view the drops are fine the way they are - if the chance of getting certain items was higher i'd have even less to do in this game. You do realize DE has to cater to different player bases and obviously make changes that wont suit all of them.

afaik you cant even be certain that some items have a lower drop chance than others (like some claim is the case in rot c)

Edit:

btw if you want a glimpse of real grinding - i remember playing WoW when i was raiding and waiting several weeks for an item :P

compared to that getting stuff here is cake :)

Edited by wrakas

From my point of view the drops are fine the way they are - if the chance of getting certain items was higher i'd have even less to do in this game. You do realize DE has to cater to different player bases and obviously changes that wont suit all of them.

afaik you cant even be certain that some items have a lower drop chance than others (like some claim is the case in rot c)

23% chance of forma or cores in rotation C is NOT fine though

From my point of view the drops are fine the way they are - if the chance of getting certain items was higher i'd have even less to do in this game. You do realize DE has to cater to different player bases and obviously make changes that wont suit all of them.

Edit:

btw if you want a glimpse of real grinding - i remember playing WoW when i was raiding and waiting several weeks for an item :P

It's not the grind, it's the illogical unfair rng... In wow you were never going to get a rare material instead of an epic item drop and items all had the same chance to drop as one another.

There have been many solutions suggested throughout this thread and quite frankly any number of them would work, but myself I'd just like to see equal drop rates between items at the very minimum.  Other solutions have been just remove forma/cores from rotation C, changing from AABC repeating to ABC, or AABC/ABC/BC/CC.  It wouldn't take much to be a step in the right direction.

Yeah, wasn't it ABCCCCCC in the past too >.>.  Helped with dilution.

Other thoughts I had is that once you got a reward, it should be removed from the table next time you reach it. Ex: getting a burston prime receiver wave 20, when you get to wave 40 you can't get another burston prime receiver. it gives a reason beyond saving a key to push to wave 40 and... make it a smidge more rewarding.

In the end DE WILL adjust the loot tables if enough ppl say I quite cuz it just isn't worth it or simply see numbers dropping. Sure they'll see a spike in Prime Access but meanwhile everyone else will move unto something else. Game dwindles away... Needs to be some grind, but the right amount will never happen for everyone's tastes and health of the game.

It's not the grind, it's the illogical unfair rng... In wow you were never going to get a rare material instead of an epic item drop and items all had the same chance to drop as one another.

i think illogical is the wrong term here. i think the case is that you deem a pool of 6 items +forma +5xr5 cores in a c rotation is too much. While i still think this is ok - if the rotation contained 12+ items it would be too much IMO.

Yeah, wasn't it ABCCCCCC in the past too >.>.  Helped with dilution.

Other thoughts I had is that once you got a reward, it should be removed from the table next time you reach it. Ex: getting a burston prime receiver wave 20, when you get to wave 40 you can't get another burston prime receiver. it gives a reason beyond saving a key to push to wave 40 and... make it a smidge more rewarding.

In the end DE WILL adjust the loot tables if enough ppl say I quite cuz it just isn't worth it or simply see numbers dropping. Sure they'll see a spike in Prime Access but meanwhile everyone else will move unto something else. Game dwindles away... Needs to be some grind, but the right amount will never happen for everyone's tastes and health of the game.

I like this idea ALOT. 

Would give people incentive to run defense/survival missions as long as they can. If you are capable of pushing a defense to 200 waves you should be able to get every item that the defense mission offers.

Clearly DE cares about what the community thinks that's why they went over this topic with stream oh wait its more like what DE is willing to discuss not the community so its more what DE feels like to talk about than anything the community feels like. 

PrimeTime is never the place where they talk about anything near this; wait until after the Devstream and Hot Topics post to complain about their unresponsiveness here.

Edit:

This isn't WoW, so dont bring up comparisons to an MM0RPG here please

i think illogical is the wrong term here. i think the case is that you deem a pool of 6 items +forma +5xr5 cores in a c rotation is too much. While i still think this is ok - if the rotation contained 12+ items it would be too much IMO.

Incorrect, if you'd read prior posts you'd see it's not just the number of items but the fact that they have differing drop rates. (read this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/367980-void-drop-tables-rotation-c-was-stealth-nerfed-please-raise-awareness-of-this-issue/page-20#entry4212189)

I have a feeling this will be ignored on the dev stream

It was, but they alluded to spreading out loot entirely on an extremely broad scale... soooooooo we may be waiting for the next loot overhaul before anything happens.

Edited by plznohurtme

Incorrect, if you'd read prior posts you'd see it's not just the number of items but the fact that they have differing drop rates. (read this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/367980-void-drop-tables-rotation-c-was-stealth-nerfed-please-raise-awareness-of-this-issue/page-20#entry4212189)

It was, but they alluded to spreading out loot entirely on an extremely broad scale... soooooooo we may be waiting for the next loot overhaul before anything happens.

i did read most of them and exactly to these drop % in rot C i made a remark in my first post questioning the source of these probabilities

"afaik you cant even be certain that some items have a lower drop chance than others (like some claim is the case in rot c)"

because i do hope you didnt guess those numbers based on "because of my annoying experiences last night"

... I don't know if this is helpful somewhat but, personally, I think Void Keys should -NOT- drop on Void missions. We're going to the Void to use the keys we get from missions, not to get some more keys...

Have been trying to get a Forma Blueprint, among other items, and all I got were T1 keys of the mission I did before. (i.e.: T1 Sab, got a blueprint that I'm being unable to trade but not for the lack of trying... Then I did a T1 Capture, got a T1 Sab. Did a T1 Exterminate, got a T1 Capture... I'm pretty sure the cycle became obvious...) And the more I repeat the same mission, the more keys I get from the previous gamemode. For me, that's not being random. That's being stupidly persistant. I ended up giving up on Void today because I have like nearly 1000 keys and their number isn't even decreasing a bit, it just keeps being added again and again.

Not that Fusion Cores are bad, but I would preffer getting those from the Void, rather than MOAR VOID KEYS... As if there aren't enough already... Already missing the Void as it used to be, 1 key for each gamemode and enemies at lvl50+. THAT is where going to the Void was fun, not now especially to get MOAR VOID - - you get the picture already, no use in continuing...

Oh yeah, 1st page showed a screenshot of several Forma Blueprints in a row... Wish I had THAT much bad luck, but I guess mine is worse.

---------- x ----------

Also, completely unrelated to the topic but good thing to say -> ... Enemies in Survivals aren't spawning fast enough... Grineers, Corpus and Orokin enemies need to swarm like the Zerg... and Infested having a spawn ratio of 30 to 1, because they can. ;p

i did read most of them and exactly to these drop % in rot C i made a remark in my first post questioning the source of these probabilities

"afaik you cant even be certain that some items have a lower drop chance than others (like some claim is the case in rot c)"

because i do hope you didnt guess those numbers based on "because of my annoying experiences last night"

Nobody would "guess" exact numbers like I posted, check your PMs since you're doubting the source.

It wasn't that bad honestly. I only manage to play every two days, and I still manage to get most Nova and Soma prime parts with the exception of two parts drop in ODS and T3S.Try farming for Archwing parts, you get one part out of 10 sab/ext runs if you're lucky and it's always the same part that drop. I'd actively playing Archwing since the Balor event and I have yet to complete a single set while I already manage to craft and forma twice my Soma prime.

Edited by Neogeo

It wasn't that bad honestly. I only manage to play every two days, and I still manage to get most Nova and Soma prime parts with the exception of two parts drop in ODS and T3S.Try farming for Archwing parts, you get one part out of 10 sab/ext runs if you're lucky and it's always the same part that drop. I'd actively playing Archwing since the Balor event and I have yet to complete a single set while I already manage to craft and forma twice my Soma prime.

you just listed the two nova parts that are easy to get (t1 and t4 sab). the only hard part is getting those keys lol

you just listed the two nova parts that are easy to get (t1 and t4 sab). the only hard part is getting those keys lol

What about Soma? Are you saying that Soma prime are easy to get? Its still easier compare to farming for Archwing. At least you're getting a prime part 50% of the time. Try running Archwing mission where you get nothing but mod and key