Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Peacemaker Augment

(PSN)DanceOnUrGav3

I got Mesa the other day. Love her. But I do have the same complaint that many other people have, peacemaker doesn't scale well into endgame. This is a problem that many warframe abilities have, I know, but I have an idea for an augment to help Mesa. An augment that allows her to channel  during the peacemaker. Valkyr can channel during her hysteria, and if there's one warframe that could channel with guns, it's Mesa. Allowing her regulator pistols to use the channelling mods of her current melee weapon would help increase the damage and utility of the ability in late game missions. And to help balance the augment, any increased channelling cost associated with those mods would shorten the duration of peacemaker. 

Thoughts, suggestions, constructive criticism, I'd like to hear it. 

Slap in Mirage/Ember/Volt or any other frame that can augment team mates with the augments, and pacemaker starts to hit crazy numbers.

Heck, Banshee now with her Sonar augment is bound to make us see new squad compositions.

Shes fine as she is, if anything her augment should bring in utility, as it already delivers DPS.

at the cost of a mod slot....i prefer that it is something a little more powerful than just a channeling effect

you might as well just give her an increase in crit chance for peacemaker as long as she stays in shatter shield mod

it forces players to remod for duration if they want the extra crit, but also makes them balance out their other mods......choose raw power over potential power (i.e. trans fort, fleeting, etc)

Edited by sekushiiandee

Problem is her passive discourages you from even equipping a melee weapon, it wouldn't make any sense to then make her channeling be affected by melee mods.

I like the idea of channeling but I don't think that will really help as much as you might think and I definitely don't think it should be an augment but rather a built-in feature if it's added at all. It's just going to allow you to go a bit further with her using peacemaker because of the increased damage.

I do like her peacemaker but there are a few things I wish it had. One is elemental effects. The other I kind of wish her damage was affected by whatever secondary weapon she's using rather than giving the regulator pistols their own damage, take on the stats of the players secondary weapon or at least buff the pistols based on them somehow (inherit the damage types, or elements for example). The other thing I wish I could do during peacemaker is mark an enemy (same key you use for waypoints) and have her focus on that enemy until it's unmarked or dead, giving you at least some control. With that said, I don't think any one of these is actually worthy of an augment slot. They don't change the ability enough imo.

Why not "Ricochet" Augment mod? X% chance that if ya hit a enemy the bullet will bounce from it with a chance to hit another target, it would not make dmg that much higher on single targets but would sure add a fair deal of dmg on groups.

I like this as an augment for sure. Especially if we get some staggering going on this could be great CC later on.

Edited by Seraphyx

Mesa... the gunslinger... using melee mods....what?

That doesn't make sense. An augment allowing channel works fine, but not if it uses melee mods. Mesa is better without Melee too, with increased health.

Believe it or not, I'd actually say Mesa is a great melee frame. Slap on intensify + duration + vitality, plop life strike on your melee weapon, activate 3 and go to town. I feel like she's way tankier with her 3 than valkyr, you can regen way more health with life strike than you can possibly lose while tanking the whole world.   

Until a wild balanced fun to play against well designed nulifier appears, then you quit the game and go cry

How about an augment that actually changes the way she's played...? People have wanted gunslinging on the run, and this is a great opportunity. She can no long auto target any enemy within a large radius, but she can now move around and focus her aim with her Peacemakers. Peacemaker Hysteria plz!

I got Mesa the other day. Love her. But I do have the same complaint that many other people have, peacemaker doesn't scale well into endgame. This is a problem that many warframe abilities have, I know, but I have an idea for an augment to help Mesa. An augment that allows her to channel  during the peacemaker. Valkyr can channel during her hysteria, and if there's one warframe that could channel with guns, it's Mesa. Allowing her regulator pistols to use the channelling mods of her current melee weapon would help increase the damage and utility of the ability in late game missions. And to help balance the augment, any increased channelling cost associated with those mods would shorten the duration of peacemaker. 

although i think this idea is pretty good but channeling does not belong in her ult. her ult already drains good amount energy with 3 strength mods on so channeling should be out of the question.

i would say more like add % scaling on her ult from her main or secondary weapon. that would provide a decent balance i think. her entire kit needs work i think specially her 2. this skill should not be random what so ever and should be just for herself.

her 1st ability should also changed as well its VERY lack luster.

- my idea was maybe give her an ability with a fixed duration which increases her DMG for like 50%.

i thought her 3rd ability is a bit weak as well at those late games so a change would be awesome.

-maybe once activated she losses all her shields and instead she gain more health and 200% armor or something while active she also reloads her weapons faster and has a slight movement speed increase (its like adrenaline for ninjas).

i came up with these ideas in a heartbeat so it might not be perfect. but i think its much better then what she has now.

You're silly, Peacemaker is broken