Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition: [Loki Decoy, Not Hp, Based On Duration].

Awazx

The proposal is simple:

1. A hologram is not physical.

2. Something that is not physical can not receive damage.

3. Decoy is a hologram. You can not receive damage.

150px-DecoyModU15.jpeg

Decoy dies instantly in many situations of high-level play. If you are an advanced player can protect Decoy in order to extend its life, but this limits the tactical capabilities Decoy.

Please leave your message of support for DE and Upvote if you agree with this proposal. Thank you.

No petitions needed, too many people starting threads with that...

But I'll offer my agreement that decoy needs some love. Nowhere near on par with the invincible Mirage holograms.

If it's going to be single and stationary, then it should be timer based or at the least, do a little damage to make up for how quickly it falls.

Been here, read this. "Make Decoy invincible" threads have appeared before but it just won't happen unless it was an augment with strict conditions. Both Decoy and Molt were invincible and purely duration based before, and it was heavily broken and exploitable, hence why it is no longer in the game.

"I can't mindlessly farm level 60 enemies because my Decoy dies"

How close am I getting?

You know what is illogical? The fact that once an enemy sees their shots going through a hologram, that they would keep doing it, especially an enemy with a highly visible energy weapon or that goes up to it and swings in melee.

Pretty sure "logic" trumps "balance", and a recast-able, at-will, 7 Energy hologram - and with Energy Siphon, you get that much back BEFORE Decoy expires - that totally stops everything on the map shooting at Loki, becomes a cheap form of Invisibility for an entire team.

What we need is Down Vote buttons.

Edited by DSpite

"I can't mindlessly farm level 60 enemies because my Decoy dies"

How close am I getting?

You know what is illogical? The fact that once an enemy sees their shots going through a hologram, that they would keep doing it, especially an enemy with a highly visible energy weapon or that goes up to it and swings in melee.

Pretty sure "logic" trumps "balance", and a recast-able, at-will, 7 Energy hologram - and with Energy Siphon, you get that much back BEFORE Decoy expires - that totally stops everything on the map shooting at Loki, becomes a cheap form of Invisibility for an entire team.

What we need is Down Vote buttons.

Then why doesn't enemies learn to shoot the Mirage standing in the center of four wobbling and weird-looking clones that also shoot? Especially if they see them suddenly appear? If Loki's Decoy has health, then Mirage's clones should be killable. That wouldn't be so fun now, would it?

Didn't think so, but if you're going to use logic, at least apply it evenly.

Then why doesn't enemies learn to shoot the Mirage standing in the center of four wobbling and weird-looking clones that also shoot? Especially if they see them suddenly appear? If Loki's Decoy has health, then Mirage's clones should be killable. That wouldn't be so fun now, would it?

Didn't think so, but if you're going to use logic, at least apply it evenly.

What? I was trying to say that applying "logic" to a game mechanic is pointless. Game balance trumps any weird player logic or game logic.

What is in game is for "balance". Making a hologram stay on the map and attract fire for the entire duration is not "balanced", hence why a weird health mechanic was made. I thought Decoy WAS duration based, and was abused, and was changed already. Even Iron Skin used to be duration based, and changed.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

• 2 weeks later...

Straight up Duration?  Absolutely and totally not, it's even a self-counterpoint in my mind as there's nothing tactical about being able to mindlessly plop a Decoy in the open and know it won't die.  It having a clear ability to be destroyed forces the player utilizing the skill to think about its placement.

There's nothing tactical to it at all, it's a straight and unnecessary buff to an already good 1 on an already very good frame.  As someone who digs Loki and regularly uses Decoy, I hope this never happens.  There is such a thing as too much of a good thing, Loki needs no buffs.

Frost-like short period of invincibility seems like like good idea.

I'm not nearly as heavily against a brief few seconds of invulnerability for Decoy on the other hand.  Then again that does seem to be a bit much for a simple 1, but it's not a mindless buff at that point.

As far as it being a hologram and all that jazz, who cares.  Kick logic out the airlock because gameplay balance is always infinitely greater in importance than logic.

Edited by Bobtm