Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Explain Why Others Keyshare?

blackflashcannon

So, you would like someone to explain why individuals with common goals might come together and pool their resources for mutual benefit?

Well, it is the very reason the human race doesn't still live in caves.

also a reason less people are getting primes and frames where keys are required. we didnt have it this bad with hek

I am always asking poeple to pick their key, if they pick they pass if not, I am leaving & reinv poeple who have them and put ignore on leeches

that doesnt work :)

I actually did some keysharing rounds and we had one player who actually had a key but when it was his turn he just left with some stupid comment.

So he just had his 1 key to show everytime and then leech other player's keys. granting him infinite number of runs

Edited by CruelMaiden

he is saying pay me a key to use my key

Basically. Eeryone pays a key to use everyone else's key. People want the most bang for their buck, and at the risk of sounding rude, if you don't like it, find people (like some that are even in this thread and have said so) that don't mind if they are doing runs with people that do not have keys or you can just get your own key and join a keyshare.

1 stuff that isnt hyped at the moment and 2, still doesnt justify why its still stingy

making sure the board is finished is contribution enough tyvm

They aren't being stingy, they're being practical. Why should they bring a person who can't contribute to the amount of keys when they could just bring someone who can?

keysharing is being stingy from the community by saying "go see if someone else will help you, if you dont gurantee i get what i want buzz off"

'Stingy' is a term used by the lazy to describe those who don't just give them stuff for free.

What are you smoking, and where can I get some ? :D

So let me get this straight, if you invite someone to go to a void level with you they are leeching!?

I can't even... I don't even...

Yes they are leeching. You choosing to bring them along does not change that fact.

he is saying pay me a key to use my key

No, I am saying contribute to the total number of available runs or you don't get to participate. Is I choose to carpool with a group of people, I am not going to include someone who can't either contribute a car or gas money.

And no, being able to help kill stuff does not make up for your inability to provide a key (unless the host is okay with that). I can always just invite someone else who both has a key and is capable of killing stuff.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

They aren't being stingy, they're being practical. Why should they bring a person who can't contribute to the amount of keys when they could just bring someone who can?

'Stingy' is a term used by the lazy to describe those who don't just give them stuff for free.

i have done my fair share with hosting open voids, so i am by far not lazy good sir

No, I am saying contribute to the total number of available runs or you don't get to participate. Is I choose to carpool with a group of people, I am not going to include someone who can't either contribute a car or gas money.

hey look, would you tell your friends to pay for a ride?

get get a key urself

not that hard

lol u havent been here that long

1 stuff that isnt hyped at the moment and 2, still doesnt justify why its still stingy

The only "hyped" stuff is Mesa at this moment...........and if you check outbreaks often enough you get 3 navs in 2-3 days

so...your argument kinda dies with word hyped....

if you instead said ;"popular keys that you can do fast and are harder to get then rest" may agree....

The only "hyped" stuff is Mesa at this moment...........and if you check outbreaks often enough you get 3 navs in 2-3 days

so...your argument kinda dies with word hyped....

if you instead said ;"popular keys that you can do fast and are harder to get then rest" may agree....

how bout nova prime? soma prime?

until now i am still not sure if blackfleshcannon is just a troll or genuinely can not comprehend the simple logic

i comprehend this subject quite well, and why it is turning the community into an alad v mindset of how "profit numbs the feeling"

until now i am still not sure if blackfleshcannon is just a troll or genuinely can not comprehend the simple logic

They're obviously a troll I don't understand why people are bothering.

That or they really are that much of an idiot.

i have done my fair share with hosting open voids, so i am by far not lazy good sir

hey look, would you tell your friends to pay for a ride?

"I hosted non-keyshare lobbies in the past so that excuses my leeching today" -That doesn't work. If you are too lazy to farm keys for the keysharing groups, you aren't worth bringing.

1. You aren't my friend.

2. Unless I was the one who asked them to come with me, yes I would. If they want me to take them somewhere, why shouldn't they pitch in for the gas?

i comprehend this subject quite well, and why it is turning the community into an alad v mindset of how "profit numbs the feeling"

Leeching reduces the overall amount of profit, so why should a leech be brought along when the goal is to get as many runs as possible out of a pool of keys?

It's really simple: Void keys are easy to get [most of the time] and some have them in masses. So they share their keys with others.. no need for actual keysharing.

BUT when there is an update introducing new stuff that everyone wants, like MESA or Nova Prime,

then the demand for the specific keys you need will raise a lot.

We all know it sometimes takes a LOT of runs to get THAT thing and that makes keys more rare. So most people can't keep up with the demand so they have to find ways to be more efficient -> keysharing.. 1key = 4 runs, that is obviously 4 times more efficient than just having an open group.

So yeah, in times of high demand for specific keys, keysharing is for most ppl the only option. Wich can indeed lead to some toxicity

Edited by CruelMaiden

whats the term for this? hmmmmm

There are plenty of terms to describe this behavior, one such term is "employee", people who are payed to work or "Employer", people who won't pay unless you work for them, or "Businesses": organizations that will not give you the product or service you want unless you pay them with currency or other products/services.

I believe in this case, you are trying to blanket it as "selfish", which can be argued, but the economics of payouts and returns are often based on a "selfish" way of thinking.

You want to play with people who have a specific type of key. Keysharers also want to play with people with a specific kind of key. The difference between you and keysharers is that you don't have a key. In their eyes, those without keys but wanting in are the selfish ones as they are not willing to provide any sort of return service for what they receive. Keysharers are players helping players. People trying to get in without paying their own key are seen as Players Helping themselves.

"I hosted non-keyshare lobbies in the past so that excuses my leeching today" -That doesn't work. If you are too lazy to farm keys for the keysharing groups, you aren't worth bringing.

i am genuinely trying to get keys, so im not accepting this

Unless I was the one who asked them to come with me, yes I would. If they want me to take them somewhere, why shouldn't they pitch in for the gas?

"profit numbs the feeling." good mindset for keeping friends

Leeching reduces the overall amount of profit, so why should a leech be brought along when the goal is to get as many runs as possible out of a pool of keys?

again, leeches are those who arent trying to find keys, i am though so im not a leech

This thread is just a stealthy way of complaining about RNG key drops being awful.

no its not

There are plenty of terms to describe this behavior, one such term is "employee", people who are payed to work or "Employer", people who won't pay unless you work for them, or "Businesses": organizations that will not give you the product or service you want unless you pay them with currency or other products/services.

I believe in this case, you are trying to blanket it as "selfish", which can be argued, but the economics of payouts and returns are often based on a "selfish" way of thinking.

You want to play with people who have a specific type of key. Keysharers also want to play with people with a specific kind of key. The difference between you and keysharers is that you don't have a key. In their eyes, those without keys but wanting in are the selfish ones as they are not willing to provide any sort of return service for what they receive. Keysharers are players helping players. People trying to get in without paying their own key are seen as Players Helping themselves.

so "profit numbs the feeling?"

i am genuinely trying to get keys, so im not accepting this

"profit numbs the feeling." good mindset for keeping friends

again, leeches are those who arent trying to find keys, i am though so im not a leech

Try harder.

Considering the fact that I have an abundance of friends IRL, it seems to be working quite well.

No, leeches are those who can't reciprocate when in a keysharing group. It doesn't matter if you are trying to get keys and failing. It is incredibly simple:

Has key=Not Leech.

Doesn't have key/doesn't provide key=Leech.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito