Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Explain Why Others Keyshare?

blackflashcannon

problem one:

<all> sabotage, t3 exterminate

these are difficult to acquire due to the nature of the key drop dilution that we're running into.

considering the difficulty to farm these specific keys, the speed they can be run, the single item you acquire for completion. (although sabotage should be 2, it's currently been nerfed until the exploit can be fixed) people who find them want to get as much as they can out of them. 

problem two:

alad v, vey hek.

these exist behind a grind wall, however, once players acquire the warframes the drive to grind out these keys disappears and it's even harder for new players to get their items. if you're not part of the initial wave, then numbers available to run drops even more.

the first problem can be resolved by splitting up where keys drop. similar to how t4 keys were done. -- and would make sense as the t4 keys have given us a precedent to do so.

the second problem is directly from initial design. -- i don't see that changing any time soon, and considering the frequency this is happening, i'd expect to see more of it. -- personally, i think it's a slap in the face to new players... (not ones today, ones in six months that wants to get mesa, or those today that want to get hydroid.) there aren't high numbers of players willing to even keyshare. it's just dead.

Edited by xethier

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll assume it's why people host parties where everyone puts up keys. Say you want to get whatever part it is that drops on T4 Sabotage. T4 Sabotages can only be received from the RNG of mid-level interceptions, in which sometimes you don't even get a key, and sometimes the key you get is not a T4 Sabotage. But let's say you run an interception 3 times and get your T4 Sabotage key, you have one key (and currently 1 chance) at that part. You join a keyshare party where everyone has a T4 Sabotage key. Now instead of 1 chance, you have 4.

If you're asking why they don't allow others without keys to join keyshare, then consider the key as "payment". If all 4 have a key that's 4 chances. You put up your 1 key for 4 shots at what you need. If someone in the party does not have a key, then 3 people are putting up a key for 3 shots instead of 4 (and they would obviously want as many shots as possible), while one person puts up nothing but gets the reward of everyone else's payment. It cane be seen as a kind of "leeching" I suppose.

But keysharing can be seen as a group investment. 4 people put in $100 each and after the investment is done everyone presumably walks away with $500 each.

EDIT; Why would you pick someone without a key to share in a keyshare if you can get someone with a key instead. It's just picking the option with the most return.

Edited by Flamingfighter

and what about those who dont have keys? or never get them

there are poeple who just host without keyshare too, also, how hard is it to farm keys do you think ?

EDIT ; Sabotage and T3 ext bein exception ofc

Edited by Duch99pl

Those apply for keyshare groups pretending they have a key and when it's their turn to use the key they leave and screw the group up >_>

But seriously the whole point of keysharing is to have more runs with keys that are hard to get.

Edited by CruelMaiden

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll assume it's why people host parties where everyone puts up keys. Say you want to get whatever part it is that drops on T4 Sabotage. T4 Sabotages can only be received from the RNG of mid-level interceptions, in which sometimes you don't even get a key, and sometimes the key you get is not a T4 Sabotage. But let's say you run an interception 3 times and get your T4 Sabotage key, you have one key (and currently 1 chance) at that part. You join a keyshare party where everyone has a T4 Sabotage key. Now instead of 1 chance, you have 4.

If you're asking why they don't allow others without keys to join keyshare, then consider the key as "payment". If all 4 have a key that's 4 chances. You put up your 1 key for 4 shots at what you need. If someone in the party does not have a key, then 3 people are putting up a key for 3 shots instead of 4 (and they would obviously want as many shots as possible), while one person puts up nothing but gets the reward of everyone else's payment. It cane be seen as a kind of "leeching" I suppose.

But keysharing can be seen as a group investment. 4 people put in $100 each and after the investment is done everyone presumably walks away with $500 each.

EDIT; Why would you pick someone without a key to share in a keyshare if you can get someone with a key instead. It's just picking the option with the most return.

True

Well then you hope theres more people like me who are not in a hurry to get whatever reward and will play missions with those that don't have keys no matter how few I might have myself.

You can't force other people to think and play the same way you do.

Those apply for keyshare groups pretending they have a key and when it's their turn to use the key they leave and screw the group up >_>

But seriously the whole point of keysharing is to have more runs with keys that are hard to get.

I am always asking poeple to pick their key, if they pick they pass if not, I am leaving & reinv poeple who have them and put ignore on leeches

there are poeple who just host without keyshare too, also, how hard is it to farm keys do you think ?

1 stuff that isnt hyped at the moment and 2, still doesnt justify why its still stingy

if they dont contribute anything, they are useless

why should they get free rewards if they are too lazy to farm themselves ?

making sure the board is finished is contribution enough tyvm

I got screwed by a player that entered a key share, showed his key, but when he got what he wanted, left the group and even mocked me about it.

Key shares are people trying to aleviate the poor rng, but then you have people behind comps, than can be worse than rng.