Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Explain Why Others Keyshare?

blackflashcannon

The things I want to say in response to this would probably get me in a good bit of trouble.

Lets sum it with profanity profanity your profanity stupid profanity profanity more profanity and exceedingly rude things.

I swear to god I really hope this is a troll thread, because if its not then humanity is truly doomed if there are more people like you out there

there are others who truely are leeches, they are afk runners

vay hek had a guranteed nav drop on shipyard tilesets when alarm was on, not needing keysharing

Still, at first it was very difficult to acquire delta beacons, so people started keysharing to get the most out of the rare beacons. It didn't matter that the beacons had a guaranteed drop rate, the beacon that dropped was still determined by RNG(until it was changed of course).

But I'm not trying to say the the RNG involved with acquiring Mutalist Alad V coordinates isn't problem, it is. Honestly, I think that there should be a guaranteed way to get Alad V nav coords, but I'm off topic here.

I agree with you but the thing is, i dont mind ppl without keys in my group. But I do mind when those players join an advertised keysharing group and pretend to contribute to it but then dont.

I'll admit that half of the statement was very unwarranted, but we're all human and we make mistakes. It might be that I don't try and host keyshare lobbies so I don't ever run into the issue of players joining the group and pretending to contribute when in reality they aren't.

I'll retract that part of the statement if you want, it was more of me just venting some slight frustration at the players in recruiting chat that constantly vent their frustrations over players not having keys. But I can completely understand that point of view and why people would be upset, especially if the host specifically advertised it as a keyshare group.

hey look, would you tell your friends to pay for a ride?

If you aren't my friend you don't get a ride. If I'm riding with my friends on a expensive trip, they foot some of the bill or they owe me. If they want to come for free, I laugh and ask them to tell me another joke.

There is a difference between gas money and void missions, ill let u figure that out

Yes, paying for gas is more effort and commitment than saying 'I'll join, invite me'. Hence, why you're not invited. Also you overlooked the 'Not a friend' part.

If you're friends are doing this to you even when you asked them to cut you some slack, then you should be complaining to your friends, haha.

There is a difference between gas money and void missions, ill let u figure that out

Yes, Void Missions are Run with Keys, and Car trips are run with gas money. Both keys and gas money, though, are only obtainable after work has been put in.

If you aren't my friend you don't get a ride. If I'm riding with my friends on a expensive trip, they foot some of the bill or they owe me. If they want to come for free, I laugh and ask them to tell me another joke.

The way I see it, they aren't great friends if they treat you like a walking wallet and expect you to pay for them.

The way I see it, they aren't great friends if they treat you like a walking wallet and expect you to pay for them.

exactly.

Exactly, those are called leeches in today's society, aren't they?

depends, personally i don't do things for other people with the specific expectation of reimbursement.

i do things for others because either they need it and it doesn't hurt me or it gives me a sense of vicarious accomplishment to see someone else succeed.

would you call half of the investment banks in the world leeches? (because by your definition, receiving interest-free loans from governments and using taxpayer money for free, that's exactly what they are)

--------------

as for this thread. i believe it's lost all cohesion and value.

--------------

as i mentioned on page 1. the problems are key dilution (which should be addressed)

and designed scarcity for key-gated warframes. (which isn't going to be addressed)

the rest of this is community behavior that can be adjusted indirectly by changing the current availability of keys.

Three points

First, if it's the host's key, you play by the host's rules.  If they want to set up a keyshare, then that's their deal.  If they want everyone dressed up in purple, then that's fine too.  If you don't like it, you can host your own game and set your own rules.  

Second, demanding people give stuff away for free and then calling them greedy if they don't is elementary school level immaturity.

Third, keysharing generates more prime parts per key.  Take the following example

Four people solo a T4 exterminate.  Say they each get a prime part.  One key used = one prime part, or four keys used = four prime parts.

Four people keyshare their T4 exterminates.  They each get a prime part for each run.  One key used = four prime parts (one per player).  Four keys used = sixteen prime parts.

If people cooperated and ponied up keys for keyshares, the community overall would have way more loot.