Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Explain Why Others Keyshare?

blackflashcannon

I am just gonna host few T4 ext keys, I have S#&$ tone of these rly, but, you can go on about leeching bein normal since you hosted a few open lobby void runs like most of the poeple.......bye mr.Leech

Edited by Duch99pl

I am just gonna host few T4 ext keys, I have S#&$ tone of these rly, but, you can go on about leeching bein normal since you hosted a few open lobby void runs like most of the poeple.......bye mr.Leech

again, leeches are those who arent trying to find keys

Wrong. Quoting your own lie does not change the facts.

who said im lying? what proof do you have that im lying?

Has key=Not Leech.

Doesn't have key=Leech.

leeches are those who arent trying to find keys

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

Seriously though just stop bothering with him, take note of his username tell friends/clans/alliances not to invite him to void runs and move on with your life. 

Wrong. Leeches are those who do not reciprocate a key. Whether or not they're actively trying to farm them is completely irrelevant.

We seem to be in agreement, but for funsies I want to ask you how you feel about "You leech off me today if I can leech off you tomorrow". Is at that point it considered leeching? Example: Today I put up a Mesa Key for my friend and get him a Mesa part he needs. He does not reciprocate a key. Next week, He puts up a T4 sabotage for a thing I need and I do not reciprocate a key at that time either. Would you consider this process an extended reciprocation, justifiable leeching, or is this still "bad"?

No, it isn't. If I bum a cigarette off someone it doesn't matter whether or not I'm also working towards being able to pay for them on my own. If I panhandle for change, it doesn't matter whether or not I'm also working towards making my own money. Leeching is leeching.

hey, hey guess what? not once have i seen my manager not pay back one of my coworkers cause she borrowed a cigarette from him, because she always gave him one back when she bought hers. begging for money is leeching yes. Im not begging for parts

Funny how the term "leeching" only gained this negative connotation it now has, and has also recently become a 'problem' (hint:it's not a problem) ever since Mesa came out.

Before the triple grind/RNG wall necessary to acquire Mesa was a thing, "leeching" was a term that wasn't used very often on these forums. The most anyone saw it used was back in U13 when everyone was trying to get Hydroid, since that was one of the larger "keyshare" fevers that plagued the community.

Throughout all of U13 and U14, and half of U15, keysharing void keys wasn't seen very often and a lot of void mission lobbies were run by one guy with keys. We saw an increase in keysharing when T4 keys came out, but it still wasn't a problem if people didn't have a key. It's only been very recently that people have become very strict about other players having keys, and annoyingly getting unnecessarily upset about others not having keys and playing the game with them.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

We seem to be in agreement, but for funsies I want to ask you how you feel about "You leech off me today if I can leech off you tomorrow". Is at that point it considered leeching? Example: Today I put up a Mesa Key for my friend and get him a Mesa part he needs. He does not reciprocate a key. Next week, He puts up a T4 sabotage for a thing I need and I do not reciprocate a key at that time either. Would you consider this process an extended reciprocation, justifiable leeching, or is this still "bad"?

I still see it as leeching at the time with it being an extended reciprocation overall. I do not see leeching as an inherently bad thing. Leeching is only bad when it wasn't agreed upon (if I join a keyshare group and leave when it is my turn, that is bad. But if I host a run for keyless players their leeching isn't bad).

hey, hey guess what? not once have i seen my manager not pay back one of my coworkers cause she borrowed a cigarette from him, because she always gave him one back when she bought hers. begging for money is leeching yes. Im not begging for parts

Hey guess what? Your manager isn't every person in the world. You are begging for runs which is practically the same as begging for parts.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Before the triple grind/RNG wall necessary to acquire Mesa was a thing, "leeching" was a term that wasn't used very often on these forums. The most anyone saw it used was back in U13 when everyone was trying to get Hydroid, since that was one of the larger "keyshare" fevers that plagued the community.

vay hek had a guranteed nav drop on shipyard tilesets when alarm was on, not needing keysharing

... and annoyingly getting unnecessarily upset about others not having keys and playing the game with them.

I agree with you but the thing is, i dont mind ppl without keys in my group. But I do mind when those players join an advertised keysharing group and pretend to contribute to it but then dont.

Edited by CruelMaiden

Throughout all of U13 and U14, and half of U15, keysharing void keys wasn't seen very often and a lot of void mission lobbies were run by one guy with keys. We saw an increase in keysharing when T4 keys came out, but it still wasn't a problem if people didn't have a key. It's only been very recently that people have become very strict about other players having keys, and annoyingly getting unnecessarily upset about others not having keys and playing the game with them.

Couldnt agree more, but i'm curious as to why this has happened. Hmmm (<--- not sarcasm I seriously dont know XD)

quote me where i said i was beging for runs, i wanna know when

All of these posts imply that you are attempting to get taken along on runs where you can not provide a key in return. The fact that you are complaining and calling people stingy also implies that you want to be taken along. Meaning you are begging for runs. Your method of begging is antagonizing in nature (which is pretty counterproductive if you ask me), but that doesn't change the fact that you are indeed begging to be taken on runs.

Also, the quote located right below this one features by far the most stupid argument I have seen in this thread. That argument could be used for everything IE- "Homelessness wouldn't exist if people were generous enough to let them live with them."

this subject wouldnt exist if people were generous enough to have open matches

i have done my fair share with hosting open voids, so i am by far not lazy good sir

hey look, would you tell your friends to pay for a ride?

lol u havent been here that long

i am genuinely trying to get keys, so im not accepting this

"profit numbs the feeling." good mindset for keeping friends

again, leeches are those who arent trying to find keys, i am though so im not a leech

no its not

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

making sure the board is finished is contribution enough tyvm

The things I want to say in response to this would probably get me in a good bit of trouble.

Lets sum it with profanity profanity your profanity stupid profanity profanity more profanity and exceedingly rude things.

I swear to god I really hope this is a troll thread, because if its not then humanity is truly doomed if there are more people like you out there

All of these posts imply that you are attempting to get taken along on runs where you can not provide a key in return. The fact that you are complaining and calling people stingy also implies that you want to be taken along. Meaning you are begging for runs. Your method of begging is antagonizing in nature (which is pretty counterproductive if you ask me), but that doesn't change the fact that you are indeed begging to be taken on runs.

oh look, no quote. ttyl then