Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Pluto's Relay B.u.r.n

VioDuskar

Further proof that the Red Veil are a bunch of babies who can't accept responsibility and need the guiding hand of the Arbiters and the knowledge of Suda to survive in this world. Such a shame, they have so much potential...

A shame, then, that the Arbiters and Suda are too busy looking after themselves to care what happens to the rest of the system. Too busy securing their own positions and pursuing their own goals to care what happens to the people of the system around them.

The Arbiters have their own squandered potential - only their squandering lets innocents die.

They made the event to be as awesome as Gradvis, because we wanted it. They do not want us to want to fail on purpose. To them that's the same of them wasting content.

Again don't assume they want us to fail, the DE would hate to waste precious money on content that we broke.

In countless devstreams, you will often hear the devs, especially Steve, refer to Warframe as "your game" (and by 'your' he's referring to the playerbase). As hard as it might be able to believe, DE actually wants us to get engaged and shape the game with them. Many games have consequences and implications - why should Warframe be any different? If we fail to defend an object, we fail and that's it. 

Also I'd like to remind you they only spent the time and money to create one relay, then copied it a bunch of times. If they'd made each relay unique from the ground up, then that argument might hold some water.

and honestly, this is a good thing. if pluto loses it's relay that's one less place for the void trader to go, meaning he'll be forced down to lower level relays, allowing more new players to see him. even if they can't get items from him, they can see more content and learn more about it. and it will encourage them to ask questions about him at the relay, sparking debates and learning opportunities for those new players.

TL:DR; get 15score, let pluto burn, new players benefit.

Void Trader sells a small number of exclusive items in exchange for dozens of discarded prime parts. New players are so far removed from being in a position to realistically engage with him that agitating for relays to be destroyed on their behalf seems like bald rhetoric to me.

You say "new players benefit," but your explanation for that is nebulous at best and offers no evidence. Not everything in the game needs to be shoved in new players' faces in the first hour after the tutorial; I would argue that such an inundation is actually counterproductive to your stated goal.

A shame, then, that the Arbiters and Suda are too busy looking after themselves to care what happens to the rest of the system. Too busy securing their own positions and pursuing their own goals to care what happens to the people of the system around them.

The Arbiters have their own squandered potential - only their squandering lets innocents die.

My words have failed me when I need them the most. You win this time, Red Veil Assassin. And only this time.

>.>

Keep scrolling...

<.<

Nothing to see here...

¬o( ̄- ̄メ) I SAID KEEP SCROLLING!!! ¬o( ̄- ̄メ)

Edited by Tengu147

My words have failed me when I need them the most. You win this time, Red Veil Assassin. And only this time.

>.>

Keep scrolling...

<.<

Nothing to see here...

¬o( ̄- ̄メ) I SAID KEEP SCROLLING!!! ¬o( ̄- ̄メ)

Bows honorably.

You have honour, Red Veil Assassin?

I am Tenno above all else. I share the honor we all have - but honor is reserved for allies and fellow Tenno, regardless of their path. For our enemies, for those who would kill the Tenno, I have only animosity.

Perrin sequence was taking all the credits and the Steel Meridian just ran away for the "sake of the colonies"

I agree on that comment about Perrin but I CANNOT allow an insult to Steel Meridian to go unchallenged!

If you hadnt noticed there are any number of NPCs in the relay. Those are colonists, therefore we will protect them.

Yeah, its not like thats also the only place where we can go face-to-face with the Syndicate Leaders, give the Medalions for extra Rep or meet Darvo  who is going to set up shop or that is still in Alpha-test and is probably going to have more unique freatures.

............... oh wait.

tyTc1Nl.jpg

Edited by Tymerc

This idea and people backing it up is futile.

So you don't mind a crowded Venus Relay where you can only go about 20 fps max because everyone and in their momma is there 

It's worse...

It's basically looking at DE, at the chance they gave for players to cooperate, and saying: "Who cares, let's troll 'em instead..."

Just let 1 go, not wasting the content, if anything NOT letting a relay die is wasting content too, as they have a script ready for letting one get destroyed, we should be allowed to see said script & in my eyes far more important, that if IN FACT DE will hold to the act and the relay destroyed is in fact gone for good, it would set a tempo for future events that there are consequences for inaction, or failure, besides not getting shiny trinkets & Baubles.

And that we as players in this game, can actually shape its history, I read an article a few years ago in game informer about players reminiscing about massive player on player organized battles, that, "I was there when it happened" kind of feeling really can be rather endearing with people to a game and its community.

Edited by PureMalice

My opinion about this event is that they handled the point system to get rewards the wrong way.

The points below are the things that have to be worked on because this event is rediculous

1. Improve the numbers you gotta get to get the rewards like 150 points

2. Points per mission you did per Fomorian like1 for the lowest and easyest mission

2. More points on stronger Fomorians + an more archieveable rewards

3. More Fomorian's in the solar system it is like 2 now (rly how are we suppost to archieve the rewards)

4. Make definitions and poll the design council for an event for their opinion

5. Never ever do an point system like this this is insane

Chao, Berrylee32 The Roaring Lion

*ps DE pls fix this!!!!!!

[snip]

1. the points are fine.

2. they don't want you to bum rush the event. Go do something else in the meantime.

2. you do get more points for stronger fomorians.

3. they're coming, they'll be rolling out during the course of the event week.

4. ??? design council does not speak for the entire community

5. the points ares fine.

Edited by pepsi-tan

This idea and people backing it up is futile.

So you don't mind a crowded Venus Relay where you can only go about 20 fps max because everyone and in their momma is there 

This is exactly why I'm doing everything in my power to save Earth and all the other relays.

Edited by Morec0

It's basically looking at DE, at the chance they gave for players to cooperate, and saying: "Who cares, let's troll 'em instead..."

Personally, my reasoning is "Okay, so you guys say that you'll destroy a relay for good, if we can't save it? Show me that you're serious". Since invasions don't change ownership of a node any more and they went and retconned Nova's lore so they could prime her - excuse me if I don't believe them they'll actually do this. I want them to show me that there are permanent and serious consequences (apart from getting or not getting the rewards) to how much I participate in an event. Because at the moment, I don't really think there are.

Btw, Orcus relay (Pluto) was completely empty the last two times I went there. Only me and another random guy. So much for that.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Are you people considering killing a piece of content. You should be ashamed. This is why the DE can't trust their playerbase. We don't need to &!$$ of the DE due to a exploit. If we destroy a piece of content they worked to create on purpose they will not be happy. -.-

The DE is a company. I have said the multiple times that the CEO has final word on everything. If you &!$$ him off he could do something drastic. Like Nerf boltor Prime to death, nerf Rhino to be useless, or make void missions even more RNG fested.

I am not ordering you not to do it, but just to make it clear the DE are humans too. We don't need to bite the hand that feeds us.

You do realize that all the Relays are currently identical, right?  I wonder why that is. . .  Probably has nothing to do with them anticipating that one or more of them would shortly go up in flames. 

They made the event to be as awesome as Gradvis, because we wanted it. They do not want us to want to fail on purpose. To them that's the same of them wasting content.

Again don't assume they want us to fail, the DE would hate to waste precious money on content that we broke. Making a impossible to win event is different than making a event that can be won.

This event can be won pretty easily. Wanting to lose something is different than losing something while trying to win it. The DE isn't stupid.

Well there is a game where they are bringing a new event where they have estimated that only 5-10% of the player base will get the reward so its possible that DE would've made something so hard they thought "what the hek? they shouldn't have been able to finish that"

Butt DE are nice to us but that still doesn't mean they wont throw us a huge challenge.