Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] Lotus In Bloom (Invite Only)

Temperance000

Zokah opted not to give Jinx a snarky retort, instead directing her now soured demeanor towards Lancelot. "I think I've heard your name around, Lancelot. The reports spoke highly of an accomplished, disciplined warrior," she turned her chin up at him, not the least bit amused. "Though I suppose some things are off the record."

Lusith's shift in tone was noticeable, prompting Zokah to look over her shoulder at the twitchy Valkyr. "Hey Lusith," Zokah made a brief, casual gesture towards the hall's seating, though her unwavering voice didn't convey the same levity. "I don't think that Nekros' table is going to fit all of us, mind nabbing another one? We'll be over there in a bit."

As the Excalibur now known as Lancelot's mind returned to a more normal state of stability and calm, Jinx slowly removed her grip and influence of it and withdrew from his mind. Leaving him once again free.

Arthur had wrinkled his nose at the Valkyr and muttered "Putting yourself in front of a gun where you can be shot point blank isn't helping, it's stupidity"

Jinx also had a thing or two to tell the Trinity, who to her seemed to be a bit out of touch with reality. Her voice practically dipped with distain and her ton was cold "Like my brother here said, your little act of so called self sacrifice wasn't heroic and it certainly wasn't helping. And perhaps you didn't even notice this, but you weren't the one disarming the situation and made things safe, I did. Now sod off, I don't want to catch stupid."

After that they both turned their attention back to Lancelot and bowed slightly in greeting to him before introducing themselves in a more pleasant way than the Valkyr and Trinity had just experienced.

"I'm Jinx."

"And I'm Arthur."

"And believe me when I say that we're all too familiar with the Stalker and his...deeds." Jinx said

"But next time it would be appreciated it you didn't pull a rifle at us." Arthur added in a way he intended to be as a joke.

Lancelot chuckled and replied to Arthur's comment with a friendly manner manner. "I shall do my best not to, I just hope we can be good allies"

He then looked to the Saryn and replied to her. "We all have our darkest sins m'lady. I am nearly mortal like the universe intends"

He then looked to his M.E.S. (mobile entertainment system) and said to Jinx and Arthur. "Have either of you come across these? It's a Corpus entertainment system I found from one of the abandoned ships used in the Hunt on Alad V." Presenting the device to them.

Edited by Drakeardian

An Excalibur Prime would soon enter the public hall, quick, purposeful strides taking him where he desired.  White and gold Targis Prime armour gleamed at his chest, shoulders and shins, and Grand Master emblems glowed near his shoulders, each a holographic emanation from devices built into the armour. A Sunika Kubrow followed him, its fur white with a golden Lotus design playing over it.  Both it and its master held a regal, authoritative aura that commanded respect. The Excalibur's gold-trimmed helmet briefly examined all in the room, assessing them, their gear and their personalities in a few brief seconds.

Jinx and Arthur, the Stalker-themed brother and sister. He had worked with them before, and they had proven themselves to be a remarkable team, whilst also being fairly trustworthy and consistent. Unfortunately, their clan, the Ghosts of Dreyrisal, was not aligned with the Lotus. A shame.

Zokah Laas Nos, the Saryn. He had also worked with her once or twice in the field. She had a savage fighting style, neither elegant nor efficient, but generally successful. Aligned with the Lotus, she could be a useful ally should events turn sour.

The Excalibur Lancelot. Files stated that he was a skilled warrior, though his shaky demeanor and the fact that he had obviously just been disarmed for whatever reason suggested otherwise.

Annabeth, the Trinity. She cared more for the wounded than for combat, and while such talents could be useful he would prefer if they were combined with a willingness to enter the fray.

There were several other Tenno present in the room, each holding their own conversations, as well as what seemed to be a recently-awoken Rhino standing, caught in indecision. Grand Master Tacis would stride quickly past all, finding his place at the front of the room, behind and to the left of the podium. 

Annabelle was about to retort to the stalker themed tenno that she hadn't been trying to be heroic, but, she wasn't quite sure how true that was, she just hadn't wanted anyone to get hurt, and had accomplished her goal, though, at the tone of the Excalibur and Nyx she felt that she herself might've needed a little healing. So, she shrugged it off, drifting away once their attention was on Lancelot, sitting at an unnoccupied table and taking a deep breath, closing her eyes and clasping her hands together in deep thought.

Lancelot chuckled and replied to Arthur's comment with a friendly manner manner. "I shall do my best not to, I just hope we can be good allies"

He then looked to the Saryn and replied to her. "We all have our darkest sins m'lady. I am nearly mortal like the universe intends"

He then looked to his M.E.S. (mobile entertainment system) and said to Jinx and Arthur. "Have either of you come across these? It's a Corpus entertainment system I found from one of the abandoned ships used in the Hunt on Alad V." Presenting the device to them.

Zokah impassively watched Annabelle leave, and her wandering gaze caused her to notice the Excalibur arrive. It took a moment, but his appearance and demeanor soon clicked; it was Tacis, an honorable, if hidebound Tenno who she'd been on several assignments with. If he was here, it bode well for the mission's stability and success.

Lancelot's cryptic reply had the opposite effect from what he likely intended, only further deeping Zokah's disrepect for him. "Sins and mortality are a Tenno's trade, Lancelot. Idiocy, however, is another matter." Zokah sincerely wished her scowl wasn't hidden beneath her helmet, but it remained easily discernible in her voice. "I hope I'm wrong about you."

With that, she spun smartly on her heel, and approached the table Lusith, Abra and Kate were seated at. "Hey Lusith," she stayed standing, and nodded towards Abra and Kate. "Making friends already?"

"Eh, no, we haven't" Came Arthurs reply to Lancelot. Who just seemed stranger and stranger as time passed. "Now you have to excuse us" And with that he and Jinx returned to the table they had tried to sit down at before all the ruckus started.

They watched as Tacis walked in and found it a bit strange that Temperance, who was supposed to be the leader of this expedition, hadn't shown himself yet. Or perhaps there had been some complications.

Tacis was still as they remembered him though. Always walking with authority and with a back so straight that you'd get convinced he had a stick up his arse. That was still an unresolved question though.

Jinx observed the Excalibur Prime for a moment and could see how most of the people gathered were in awe in his presence. She even snickered a little when realizing that they must think that he was the captain just because he was a Prime.

Then there was this other feeling she got from the crowd. Or more from one person in particular. She turned her head to look over at the Valkyr. Was that disdain she sensed? Jinx narrowed her eyes at the Valkyr. She would have to keep an eye on that one. 

Zokah impassively watched Annabelle leave, and her wandering gaze caused her to notice the Excalibur arrive. It took a moment, but his appearance and demeanor soon clicked; it was Tacis, an honorable, if hidebound Tenno who she'd been on several assignments with. If he was here, it bode well for the mission's stability and success.

Lancelot's cryptic reply had the opposite effect from what he likely intended, only further deeping Zokah's disrepect for him. "Sins and mortality are a Tenno's trade, Lancelot. Idiocy, however, is another matter." Zokah sincerely wished her scowl wasn't hidden beneath her helmet, but it remained easily discernible in her voice. "I hope I'm wrong about you."

With that, she spun smartly on her heel, and approached the table Lusith, Abra and Kate were seated at. "Hey Lusith," she stayed standing, and nodded towards Abra and Kate. "Making friends already?"

"Kate Esperanza Fleming. How do you do?"

Abra offered his hand. "Abrá-alixerni Gae'rnklet Nosh'té Steve, but you can call me Abra. Pleased to meet you, Miss...?"

Lancelot wasn't suprised at the reaction and the responsea given put. After all, he, a warrior of great calibur and discipline, did just freak out and nearly shot at two people. He looked to his things and proceeded to collect them up and retook his seat.

He started to check over his Tiberion Rifle, He didn't mind it but it wasn't like his old Soma. A proud beauty called Guinevere. It was in repairs thanks to a mechanical malfunction and he had been given this Tiberion until her repairs were complete.

He glanced as an Excalibur Prime entered the room and stood to Attention. *I have to ask about a shooting range or a dualing arena around* he thought to himself.

Edited by Drakeardian

Alfrond arrived at the base of the Manifold, and appreciated its actual size in close up. Even larger than in the distance, and very detailed too. Whoever owned this ship was someone of high status and wealth, he concluded in his mind. Then, he saw two Spectres guarding the entrance to the ship, and proceeded to board the ship. 

Once he stepped into the Manifold, and walked around a bit, taking in the sights, he saw a few Tenno in one of the rooms, chatting away. Half of him wanted to just stay in a corner, and just do what he wanted to do for a while, but the other half countered that proposal by saying that this would most likely be a long trip, and doing that would just harm him in the long run. Racked with the internal arguments, Alfrond reacted by just standing in the doorway of the room, unmoving. 

Edited by Renegade343

Lusith smiled wide at Zokah and nodded in respect.

"Welcome to the table where /they/ aren't."

It was implied she meant the two twins that sat at the previous table.

"C'mon, take a seat. I actually know these two!"

"Kate Esperanza Fleming. How do you do?"

Abra offered his hand. "Abrá-alixerni Gae'rnklet Nosh'té Steve, but you can call me Abra. Pleased to meet you, Miss...?"

"Zokah," she answered briefly, opting to give a brief, formal bow rather than shake his hand. "a loyal Lotus operative, which apparently puts me in the minority around here." She smoothly took a seat next to Lusith, her legs casually crossed, but her habitually upright back betraying her actual demeanor. "Might I ask, why are you two on this mission? Unless the Lotus just asked you to, like me."

Abra's eyebrows knitted. "I thought all Tenno were Lotus loyal."

"Nah, some guys like being edgy."

"Regardless... we considered the pros and cons, and decided to come here. I'm not all that glad I'm leaving Origin, though." Abra shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"Yeah, we had to drop off his niece at my brother's." Kate recalled. "Alain reacted a lot better than I expected... then again, his alien buddy is really chill... so, what about you? Leaving anyone behind?"

Heckel's attention was drawn to the Excalibur Prime when he and his Kubrow entered the public hall. The way he carried himself and the general air he had about him gave her the impression that he was in quite the high position and the no-nonsense type. Then again, the Grandmaster emblems projected from the hologram devices on his shoulders was also a rather obvious clue.

She imagined at first that he was the captain but as she thought more about it, she found holes in her initial assumption. If he was indeed the captain then why had he not started the briefing or made some announcement? The next piece to raise a question in her head was where he decided to sit. Shouldn't he be standing at the podium, rather than to the left and behind it?

Heckel slipped out of her seat and away from the table where she had previously been seated by herself. She approached the two Stalker-coloured Tenno, noticing that they even used the same weapons as the killer. Did they have some sort of history with him? That was a topic for some other time, however, as her reason for approach was to inquire about the Excalibur who had pointed a Tiberon at one of them. "Greetings, fellow Tenno. When I first entered this hall, I couldn't help but notice that someone was already pointing a gun at one of you. I am curious as to what exactly was going on."

Lusith smiled at Annabelle as she walked over.

"Look, another taker! This table's becoming pretty popular it looks like. Hope nobody here minds the Tenno."

Not a large group, but not a group of anons to Lusith either, which made her feel rather comfortable.

Lusith spotted Jinx looking over at her with and simply gave a casual wave with a smile.

Whether to aggrivate her, or if she already forgave and forgot the attitude, it wasn't clear, but to Lusith, she really just wanted to be friendly;

Even the nutcase knows that she has to work with the headcase, so might as well try not to become enemies.

Abra's eyebrows knitted. "I thought all Tenno were Lotus loyal."

"Nah, some guys like being edgy."

"Regardless... we considered the pros and cons, and decided to come here. I'm not all that glad I'm leaving Origin, though." Abra shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"Yeah, we had to drop off his niece at my brother's." Kate recalled. "Alain reacted a lot better than I expected... then again, his alien buddy is really chill... so, what about you? Leaving anyone behind?"

Annabelle opened her eyes, finishing her thought, and stood from the table, walking over to the Saryn now, and, inadvertently, toward Abra and Kate, to whom she waved hello.

Lusith smiled at Annabelle as she walked over.

"Look, another taker! This table's becoming pretty popular it looks like. Hope nobody here minds the Tenno."

Not a large group, but not a group of anons to Lusith either, which made her feel rather comfortable.

Lusith spotted Jinx looking over at her with and simply gave a casual wave with a smile.

Whether to aggrivate her, or if she already forgave and forgot the attitude, it wasn't clear, but to Lusith, she really just wanted to be friendly;

Even the nutcase knows that she has to work with the headcase, so might as well try not to become enemies.

"Hi," Annabelle said simply, taking a seat,

"So, how has it been since the last time you guys were on a mission?" She asked, looking for a topic.

Zokah shrugged off Kate's question all too quickly, choosing instead to respond to Annabelle. "Came here straight from my last one, an Extermination run on Mars. Some... economic hub, or something. Not as many guards as I thought." Zokah looked over at Annabelle, cocking her head a bit. "Why'd you step in over there, by the way? Putting yourself in danger for a dispute that wasn't your problem." She leaned back in her chair, stroking the pointed chin of her helmet. "There's got to be a story there, if you don't mind sharing."

Setebos stared at the Excalibur Prime for, what he felt, was a few moments too long before he realized he wasn't taking the podium. He turned his head away quickly, head pointed towards the ground as he hoped he hadn't attracted any unnecessary attention from anyone. Such inattentiveness in the field would of gotten you /killed/. The very thought of such carelessness, even in an environment among allies, made his spine run cold as he squeezed his right hand into a closed fist. He shook his head softly, fairly noticeable, but only if one were looking right at him. Releasing the pressure in his hand, he lifted his head up, looking around for an empty table as he breathed in deeply, releasing it slowly as he realized he was fussing over something so small and trivial. He smiled softly underneath his helmet, a funny little moment that he'd remember forever. Still, best not to trivialize the important part, remain attentive, remain alive.

Making another beeline, Setebos approached the cluster of tables in the public hall. He picked a vacant table that was somewhat in the middle, so he could keep sight on the podium. He sat himself down, arms folded on the table. He brought his hand up, and with some effort, conjured a small ball of sickly-green energy, the top of it licking at space like the tips of flame. He stared into it a moment before closing his hand over it, extinguishing it. Staring at his closed hand, he began to feel a pang of guilt, although he was not quite certain why, as it was just energy, and its impossible to destroy energy. Frowning underneath his helmet, he repeated the same process of conjuring up the ball of energy. Setebos watched as the ball seemed to burn, before bringing the hand he was channeling with close to his chest. Waving his hand gently upwards, no higher than the tip of the highest point of his antlers, in an arch, he cut off the energy he was channeling to the ball. With no reason to remain, the ball floated away, splitting apart into tiny, similarly colored particles. Setebos watched this display peacefully, now satisfied with the outcome.

Edited by Darkshifter98

Heckel's attention was drawn to the Excalibur Prime when he and his Kubrow entered the public hall. The way he carried himself and the general air he had about him gave her the impression that he was in quite the high position and the no-nonsense type. Then again, the Grandmaster emblems projected from the hologram devices on his shoulders was also a rather obvious clue.

She imagined at first that he was the captain but as she thought more about it, she found holes in her initial assumption. If he was indeed the captain then why had he not started the briefing or made some announcement? The next piece to raise a question in her head was where he decided to sit. Shouldn't he be standing at the podium, rather than to the left and behind it?

Heckel slipped out of her seat and away from the table where she had previously been seated by herself. She approached the two Stalker-coloured Tenno, noticing that they even used the same weapons as the killer. Did they have some sort of history with him? That was a topic for some other time, however, as her reason for approach was to inquire about the Excalibur who had pointed a Tiberon at one of them. "Greetings, fellow Tenno. When I first entered this hall, I couldn't help but notice that someone was already pointing a gun at one of you. I am curious as to what exactly was going on."

Jinx's attention was brought back to their own table as a Mesa wearer approached them. Arthur himself looked up to the Mesa to answer her question "Long story short...well it is actually pretty short. Anyway, he flipped when he saw us, thought the two of us was the stalker and threatened to shoot if we got any closer."

"I can only assume that he got some sort of trauma behind him." Jinx added. That was her professional opinion on the case but she hadn't done any deeper scan of his mind so one couldn't be entirely sure about the reason. "And you are?"

The two of them then awaited the Mesa's response. It was a bit odd to not start with an introduction when things were calm but hey the information about the chaos might have taken priority to her. 

Jinx's attention was brought back to their own table as a Mesa wearer approached them. Arthur himself looked up to the Mesa to answer her question "Long story short...well it is actually pretty short. Anyway, he flipped when he saw us, thought the two of us was the stalker and threatened to shoot if we got any closer."

"I can only assume that he got some sort of trauma behind him." Jinx added. That was her professional opinion on the case but she hadn't done any deeper scan of his mind so one couldn't be entirely sure about the reason. "And you are?"

The two of them then awaited the Mesa's response. It was a bit odd to not start with an introduction when things were calm but hey the information about the chaos might have taken priority to her. 

So that's what happened. Heckel didn't find it surprising that someone would make one of them for the Stalker. The Excalibur certainly looked the part aside from the difference in helmets. When people have been traumatized, reason went out the airlock if something happened to trigger a flashback or something. That was what she thought, anyway. She wasn't a psychiatrist so she could very well be wrong in that assumption. At least she wouldn't have to worry too much about one of her fellow Tenno pointing a gun at her during this mission as far as she knew.

Another question did enter Heckel's mind and that was what exactly happened to make that Excalibur react the way he did? The Stalker had come after her on numerous occasions but each time, she and whoever she was working with at the time had been able to fight him off at the least.

"My name is Heckel. Nice to meet the two of you. Might I ask your names?" That was the name she received shortly after awakening from cryo-sleep, at least. Who knows what her name pre-collapse could have been.

So that's what happened. Heckel didn't find it surprising that someone would make one of them for the Stalker. The Excalibur certainly looked the part aside from the difference in helmets. When people have been traumatized, reason went out the airlock if something happened to trigger a flashback or something. That was what she thought, anyway. She wasn't a psychiatrist so she could very well be wrong in that assumption. At least she wouldn't have to worry too much about one of her fellow Tenno pointing a gun at her during this mission as far as she knew.

Another question did enter Heckel's mind and that was what exactly happened to make that Excalibur react the way he did? The Stalker had come after her on numerous occasions but each time, she and whoever she was working with at the time had been able to fight him off at the least.

"My name is Heckel. Nice to meet the two of you. Might I ask your names?" That was the name she received shortly after awakening from cryo-sleep, at least. Who knows what her name pre-collapse could have been.

Jinx and Arthur looked at each other before looking back at the Mesa they now knew as Heckel. A strange sounding name. And they couldn't help but wonder if there was any kind of story behind that. But that would have to wait for another time.

"I'm Jinx" The Nyx said

"And I'm Arthur" Her brother added.

Arthur observed the Mesa frame and took a look at the equipment Heckel was carrying. Akvasto were fairly common weapons to use on dualing range when enemies got close but not close enough for the sword. And with a Vectis, guns like the Akvasto's were necessary. He remembered one of their Mags in his and Jinx's clan favour the Vectis. For her the choice always seemed to be ether the Vectis or the Strun Wraith depending on the mission and expected terrain. He didn't really know what to think of the Redeemer as he had never used it himself, but to him it did seem to be a bit slow and impractical to use a "gunblade" when having a much more efficient melee weapon and could choose a better and more accurate firearm than that.

Dalimir quickly hushed the person sitting with him when he noticed the newcomer enter the room. He noted the white and golden design, as well as the similarly coloured Sunika Kubrow that followed its master. An Excalibur Prime wearer? Interesting. He was almost assaulted by the aura of authority emanating from them. He watched as they made their way to podium, for a second, he believed this man to be the Captain, finally coming to address his crew of volunteers, and gave his utmost attention to them. That thought was quickly cast aside, however, when he saw them take their place to the left of the podium, slightly behind the spot the speaker would take. Hrm, how unfortunate. He had hoped the wait was over, but it seems that it would take a while longer. He took another glance at the room around him, and noted that a Mesa had begun talking to Jinx and Arthur. Zokah had rejoined the Valkyr, and the Trinity had followed her to the same table. He also noticed that a Rhino had entered, but hadn't taken a seat, also another Oberon had entered the room a while ago, and seemed to be trying to not attract much attention to himself. Whether that was because he was humble or didn't want to get himself recognized, Dalimir didn't know, but would have to ask him about that later. With his small list of people in the room updated, he turned his attention back to the person sitting with him.

Jinx and Arthur looked at each other before looking back at the Mesa they now knew as Heckel. A strange sounding name. And they couldn't help but wonder if there was any kind of story behind that. But that would have to wait for another time.

"I'm Jinx" The Nyx said

"And I'm Arthur" Her brother added.

Arthur observed the Mesa frame and took a look at the equipment Heckel was carrying. Akvasto were fairly common weapons to use on dualing range when enemies got close but not close enough for the sword. And with a Vectis, guns like the Akvasto's were necessary. He remembered one of their Mags in his and Jinx's clan favour the Vectis. For her the choice always seemed to be ether the Vectis or the Strun Wraith depending on the mission and expected terrain. He didn't really know what to think of the Redeemer as he had never used it himself, but to him it did seem to be a bit slow and impractical to use a "gunblade" when having a much more efficient melee weapon and could choose a better and more accurate firearm than that.

Being that they sat together, had the same colour scheme and used the same weapons, Heckel had some questions she wished to ask. Since she was meeting them for the first time, she bet they might have some questions for her. They did have time to kill after all as it seemed the captain was going to be appearing late. "Hope you don't mind me sitting with you for a short while.", she commented as she took a seat at the table.

"Hope I'm not being nosy but I was curious. Both of you have the same colours, sit together and have the same weapons. I get the impression that you know each other well? Please, feel free to ask me anything as well." Heckel was thinking they were probably very good friends who had known each other for a while, not suspecting at all that they were brother and sister. Tenno finding blood relatives in this day and age was a bit of a rarity, given all the chaos that occurred while they were in cryosleep.

Khaldun was not exactly the kind of person who easily noticed things he didn't want to notice, but when Dalimir impassively raised a finger to his helmet, his head turned a little to see what exactly for.

There were only a few dozen Excalibur Prime bearers in all of Origin, every single one of them esteemed commanders and master warriors. The Lotus-pattern Kubrow - only availible through expensive genetic therapy - only served to reinforce that impression of power.

Yet this gentleman was not the captain. He strode to the podium and simply stood at attention next to it. This raised an obvious question for Khaldun: If an esteemed knight of the Lotus wasn't the captain, who was? And, for that matter, where the hell was he?

Dalimir, he noticed, was staring at him. It was pretty easy to tell he was waiting for an answer to his earlier question even under the helmet.

"Oh!" Khaldun said quickly. "I'm the chief historian-slash-archaeologist. Probably the only one on a crew of this size. That means whenever we get where we're going, while everyone else pushes buttons to unleash Infested horrors beyond the imagination, I'll be hauling Orokin databricks back to the Manifold in hopes of expanding our knowledge of the past."

It occured to him that the table of two was rather lonely, and Khaldun knew from experience he wanted to make a first impression to as many people as possible, so that he would not slip beneath their vision. It would be awful if he had to spend the entire voyage with one really wierd and honestly somewhat stuck-up buddy."Do you want to go talk with the Saryn and the Valkyr over there?" he asked.

After a while, his mind decided that it would be the best course of action to go off a know a few Tenno, since he decided that boredom in this ship would make him cranky and unfocused on the things he would be doing. And so, he shifted his legs slightly, cleared his throat, and took one step forward towards the Tenno. Little did he know that there was a step on the doorway, and his foot snagged on it, causing him to trip, crash to the floor, and release his held Spectra, which was now sliding along the floor, creating the sound of metal scratching against metal. He tilted his head up, feeling ever so slightly ashamed about that entrance, and said in an apologetic tone, "Er... Sorry?".  

"Heh, remind me to call you first, before I start pushing buttons at random.." He bristled at Khaldun's request, his head reeling backwards slightly as he sneered behind his helmet. He always preferred to keep to himself, however, life sharing space with others would not grant him that luxury, also, he needed to know everyone on the ship, and everyone on the ship needed to know him as well. He stood up, and gestured to the two Khaldun mentioned. "Alright, I suppose there's no harm in introducing myself to more people.  However, there are 5 people at that table, I don't imagine you'll be able to find a seat with them. I'm going to introduce myself, then come back here, you do what you want at that point." He began walking to the large group seated across the room, and paid no mind to whether Khaldun was following or not.

As he moved towards the group, he noted that a Frost had entered, and looked like he was about to introduce himself, when he slipped to the floor, the Corpus weapon he held sliding along the floor. After he made his apology, the only thing Dalimir could do was sigh in exasperation, shaking his head. Clumsy fool... He thought, and continued his way to the group of five Tenno chattering amongst themselves. When he reached them he waited until they had finished the current segment of their conversation, before introducing himself. "Greetings, I am known as Dalimir, may I get to know the five of you a little better?"

Edited by Dalimir

Zokah shrugged off Kate's question all too quickly, choosing instead to respond to Annabelle. "Came here straight from my last one, an Extermination run on Mars. Some... economic hub, or something. Not as many guards as I thought." Zokah looked over at Annabelle, cocking her head a bit. "Why'd you step in over there, by the way? Putting yourself in danger for a dispute that wasn't your problem." She leaned back in her chair, stroking the pointed chin of her helmet. "There's got to be a story there, if you don't mind sharing."

"It goes back to when I'd just woken up, on Phobos, sand skates, thousands of grineer, there had been a group of tenno protecting my cryopod, and somehow it shut off, and I was awoken, the lotus talked quickly, and I followed them to an extraction point, I actually used to have a Nyx, could you imagine? On the way to the extraction point, one of the other Tenno, a Nova, I think, shoved me out of the way of soemthing as something came up from the ground. A sand skate, and it had launched a barb at me, an attack I probably could've suvived hit the Nova in the neck, slitting her throat, I carried her, but we didn't get to extract in time, she did in my hands, I couldn't save her, after that, I got this warframe with some help, and now that'll never happen again. It's just, I'd really rather give every sacrifice I can, if only to protect some one else, to pay back that debt..." She said, finishing dryly, "Turns out, some people can see through the shallowness(?) of my sacrifice, and they take it as an insult, I can only assume that's what happened with the Nyx and Excalibur over there. I can understand defending themselves, but reaching into someone's mind, taking control of their emotions, and on another of the tenno? That doesn't seem right, considering I'd already had it under control, at least, I think so, it didn't seem like Lancelot would actually shoot, seemed more like he'd just been startled... I'm rambling, sorry." She said, attempting a laugh, ending up with a grim chuckle as she looked up at the others at the table, not having noticed as she'd lowered her head to inspect her hands.

Edited by ultimatumcore