Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Plat/gift Contest Ideas

Cleesus

HEY WHATS GOING ON?(He man voice) lol 

I need some help coming up with ideas to give away free plat or bundles (now that gifting is a thing).

After each Prime Access i get I tend to give away about 1k plat in random various ways. This will be the first time I try to do it as an actual contest.

just giving it away is boring, lets have some fun with it.

leave some suggestions (Try to keep it something i can track through forums)

PS: if your suggestion is I should just give the plat to you then lol

well one time in my clan we had a contest of who can get the most kills in a T4 defense solo and it went on for 3 days, you can bring any equipment you want but you couldnt bring any like ammo packs or health restores with you

but if thats too much work:

give it to the person that could make the best warframe related joke ?

Edited by lolipops5

One way could be how it's done on Dev streams or prime times, just ask a group of players to place their ingame names into a pool and pick one that way. 

I've seen one person ask trivia questions through region chat and give the prize to the winner.

Having a duel tournament in a dojo

Best time on an agility course

Whoever can fight phorid with only a prova/prova vandal, and kill him the quickest (in honor of john prodman)

I told trading chat whoever messaged me first got decisive judgement, so I invited everyone to my dojo that messaged me and made 20 people participate in single elimination dojo dueling. The remaining survivor got the mod. Some people were really pist "I hope you ****Ing kill yourself or die in your sleep" and then when I gave the guy the mod everyone else didn't believe I actually gave it to him. So that was a good time.

Edited by NinjaSnipe11

Ask people to write a 200-300 words begging text/message about how miserable they are and how that plat is going to help them?

Or

Give the plat/bundle to the one who gives the best idea in this thread :P

Good idea I will give 100p to the idea(s) I choose in this thread

It isn't free if you make them work for it, you monster!

XD Anyway, I hear community art is pretty... well, awesome.

hahaha

What about a wallpaper contest? I havent actually seen too many purely fan made wallpapers out there, so that contest would help put some out there.

I think I might run a contest like this sounds like a good idea, I would give bonus points to any Aribiters or Valkyr fanart lol

well one time in my clan we had a contest of who can get the most kills in a T4 defense solo and it went on for 3 days, you can bring any equipment you want but you couldnt bring any like ammo packs or health restores with you

but if thats too much work:

give it to the person that could make the best warframe related joke ?

Ill try to keep it to something i can track on the forums

Maybe something like the old photo contests from DE? That way everyone gets the chance to participate and you could also create three different plat prizes.

Something like this:

1° 500 Platinum.

2° 300 Platinum.

3° 200 Platinum.

Of course the values would depend on what you want to give away, or maybe everyone would get the same amount of plat too.

Edit: But the thing is, what kind of resolutions should be given, or is anything ok?

Well ill probably have to iron that out but 1080p would be the best since thats what most people have or can easily scale down to 720p instead of trying to scale up

Maybe something like the old photo contests from DE? That way everyone gets the chance to participate and you could also create three different plat prizes.

Something like this:

1° 500 Platinum.

2° 300 Platinum.

3° 200 Platinum.

Of course the values would depend on what you want to give away, or maybe everyone would get the same amount of plat too.

I was thinking of tiering it something like you have posted. A photo contest would be a good idea too thank you. I think fan art and photo contest may be it but im open to suggestions still

Well ill probably have to iron that out but 1080p would be the best since thats what most people have or can easily scale down to 720p instead of trying to scale up

if you do decide to make wallpapers can you have them do it in multiple resolutions for us who play with very high resolution im currently playing on 1920X1080 but im thinking of going overkill and going higher will we be left out later ?

I have an active contest that involves the creation of fan-made lore stories about the Stalker. You could browse through and take inspiration from that. I like seeing what the community can come up with in terms of Warframe lore.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/369015-old-memories-contest-unofficial-platinum-giveaway/#entry4084261

Edited by APBladeX

if you do decide to make wallpapers can you have them do it in multiple resolutions for us who play with very high resolution im currently playing on 1920X1080 but im thinking of going overkill and going higher will we be left out later ?

I think 2560x1440 would be a good resolution as they can be scaled down from there and supports 4k monitors.

Thats not a bad idea, I would probably have the minimum be 1920x1810 and leaving the option to go higher up to the individual persons but i definitely understand where you guys are coming from

I have an active contest that involves the creation of fan-made lore stories about the Stalker. You could browse through and take inspiration from that. I like seeing what the community can come up with in terms of Warframe lore.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/369015-old-memories-contest-unofficial-platinum-giveaway/#entry4084261

Yea i also love seeing what they can come up with. My AoH propaganda thread was amazing

How about a contest for the best looking, unique, well decorated, decked out room in one's dojo? It could be any type of room no matter the shape or size. What matters is the level of creativity, and the time and effort put into decorating the room.

hmmmm that is also a good idea, if I dont use this idea soon ill probably use it in the future