The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

avalanches are huge masses of ice and snow moving at tremendous velocity 

if anything is going to freeze enemies to the bone, smash them with kinetic energy, engulf them and stifle them - its going to be an avalanche 

they are so powerful they can destroy entire villages or 400,000 square meters of forest 

yet somehow warframes enemies posses a mystical power that lets them recover from getting plowed with 100,000 tons of snow from a class 5 slab avalanche even before the caster who brought it down upon them has, walking away with barely a scratch or limp

at this point its a serious contender for the most inappropriately named skill in the game

"snow tickles" would probably be more fitting and accurate name for frost's ult

i saw somewhere (devstream? i forgot) that frost was going to get a rework but then they decided instead to rework excalibur first

so i guess in a way hes in that awkward attention stasis, there are plans for him but just not yet 

frosts got alot of potential for his rework seeing hes our designated ice/cold warframe, alot can be done with that theme

i never really liked frost as a static defense character, he was always best as a battle mage type leaning less on single spot turtling and instead slow moving but with far reaching skills that impede the enemy

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think is time to say goodbye to this post and I hope to see you around the forums :D

Remember what we did. We insisted on having a new Frost. And we did it. Soon, maybe in Update 17 we can see it. And if that day comes, I hope we can talk about our cool new friend some day. Stay tuned about Frost!

Well, I think is time to say goodbye to this post and I hope to see you around the forums :D

Remember what we did. We insisted on having a new Frost. And we did it. Soon, maybe in Update 17 we can see it. And if that day comes, I hope we can talk about our cool new friend some day. Stay tuned about Frost!

Yeah I felt we have done enough for now. I'm glad to support this thread and havibg someone that I can agre with.

Keep in mind that Frost is advertised to be used both offensively and defensively. Lessening the damage hinders his offensive potential. Having it be just a cold proc is just a bigger version of Freeze, isn't really original.

They didn't go with a golden Snow Globe because...well...try seeing out of a golden ball with it being shiny and glimmering. But I think they could've given the shell a golden hue or tint, or made the orokin letters/symbols fly around within the globe instead of the Snow Storm, similar to how the wisps fly around within the Relays. It would be something interesting to see.

Lol, well of course I didn't mean they should make the thing be solid gold, just a glitterglobe (as in the shell sparkles gold, without being too distracting. As for the avalanche Idea, I guess it's not original, and wouldn't help with the offensive part, but then again, we have quite a few frames that don't match their description.what about if avalanche were scrapped completely for a channelling slowdown ability, like the arctic eximus have?

Avalanche. Oh boy... This has been the bane of Frost's existence since day one. Not only can it do no damage, but it has literally no utility. There is no other reason to use it, unless your enemies are under level 32.

OP, I only disagree with one part of your opinion. I don't think Avalanche should do more damage. 

personally I'd like to see other pure damage ults dropped to match his damage

It should absolutely have CC though.

What would you think if I suggested something like this:

-Cast animation is the same look, but he doesn't stand still for as long

-Swirly snow and ice blocks around him

-He can move, AoE follows him (or maybe not follows him, but I felt that would be too much like snowglobe)

-100% cold proc within the area, and DoT

-enemies hit by the flying ice blocks are frozen solid

Basically, a CC version of embers WoF, that does constant DoT and cold proc in the AoE instead of just hitting individual enemies (and the individual enemies that ARE hit by the swirling ice pieces are frozen solid)?

That's just my thoughts on something that would be cool, but I definitely think the ability should be concerned with CC, not damage.

Edited by S7ORM

OP, I only disagree with one part of your opinion. I don't think Avalanche should do more damage. 

personally I'd like to see other pure damage ults dropped to match his damage

It should absolutely have CC though.

What would you think if I suggested something like this:

-Cast animation is the same look, but he doesn't stand still for as long

-Swirly snow and ice blocks around him

-He can move, AoE follows him (or maybe not follows him, but I felt that would be too much like snowglobe)

-100% cold proc within the area, and DoT

-enemies hit by the flying ice blocks are frozen solid

Basically, a CC version of embers WoF, that does constant DoT and cold proc in the AoE instead of just hitting individual enemies (and the individual enemies that ARE hit by the swirling ice pieces are frozen solid)?

That's just my thoughts on something that would be cool, but I definitely think the ability should be concerned with CC, not damage.

I think thats fine, except for the part about the damage. 1500 damage is nothing on an ability. I'd like to see  pure damage abilities dropped altogether, with a few exceptions. (those being mainly blade storm and peacemaker, and peacemaker should be converted to finisher damage)

• 2 weeks later...

I still think an Avalanche made into a radial damage button is a pretty bad idea.

Make it a true avalanche: a wave of fast moving snow and rocks dealing impact/cold damage and ragdolling enemies away/applying cold proc. Obviously not radial but directional.

Freeze: No longer a projectile, but a large AoE cone that freezes all enemies within range solid for 7/8/9/10 seconds

Snow globe is the same, but no longer has a time limit, and globe now disappears after it's hp has been depleted. Can only have a maximum of 1/2/3/4 globes up at any given time

Ice wave (removed)

New ability: Ice barrier

Frost encases himself in ice gaining knockdown immunity as well as gaining a 200/400/600/800 hp buffer. This does NOT prevent him from getting afflicted with status debuffs, and is only meant as a way for frost to have some extra survivability outside of his globe, especially in the higher level missions. While Ice barrier is active, frost moves 20% slower. Ice barrier is treated as an extension of frost's hp, so it is affected by armor.

Avalanche:

Now encases all enemies within radius in ice for 4/5/6 seconds. At the end of the duration, enemies that were trapped in ice break free, and the shards from the ice explode outwards hitting nearby enemies. nearby enemies hit this way then take damage and become trapped in ice. This can go on forever as long as there are enemies within range. Enemies take damage both upon being frozen and when breaking out.

• 2 weeks later...

pretty disappointing the frost rework wont be giving avalanche the AOE freeze duration it deserves and is suppose to have and that everyone wants

the only ice/cold theme warframe in the game cant aoe freeze with its ult ? meanwhile loki can derp nyx's chaos in his ult seems legit 

instead it will reduce armor of surviving enemies and radial ice dmg from the ones that died o_0 

pretty sure thats not how avalanches work..

Freeze - 100% slow proc on non direct hits ( aiming at ground near target) and will leave a patch of ice on the floor similar to the ice in the void and the ice wave augment. Amount of time enemies stay frozen when you hit them while frozen will be adjusted depending on enemy level

Ice Wave - will more of a cone now, instead of a straight line

Snowglobe - timer is gone with same hp but only have a maximum of 4 globes up. enemies caught inside it when he casts will be pushed outside

Avalanche - Enemies that survive it will have armor reduced by a % based on ability level, enemies that die will do radial ice damage around them

pretty disappointing the frost rework wont be giving avalanche the AOE freeze duration it deserves and is suppose to have and that everyone wants

the only ice/cold theme warframe in the game cant aoe freeze with its ult ? meanwhile loki can derp nyx's chaos in his ult seems legit 

instead it will reduce armor of surviving enemies and radial ice dmg from the ones that died o_0 

i agree. Frost should be known for his slow procs

All in all though, this is a much needed buff to his abilities, and although it isn't what we all wanted, we are getting some progress!

I hope they also remember to put an HP Bar or show Visual Indications of Globe Health when we cast Snow Globe, that way we can gauge how the globe is doing on the battlefield.

It should still get the freeze effect that's the point of having a freeze skill is to freeze. If it's op which it isn't, it should use rhinos rhino stomp mechanic meaning the duration is always the same and uncast able until it ends

#2 and #4 needs bigger default range + Snow globe slow range need to scale with the globe.  That would also fix many problem. Currently, #2 and #4 have short range.  If you want to increase the range, you have to increase the globe size (which is bad).  Also since the slow zone is static, small globe can slow enemies outside zone, but it also make #2 and #4 gets even smaller to the point of useless.

Edited by Hueminator