Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifier's Bubble Isn't Affected By Damage, And Here's Proof

Althran

What baffles me, is that case after case of this keeps being posted to this thread, and yet there's still nothing being done about it.  At this point, it wouldn't have been hard to just have the shield not absorb bullets.  Why they are keeping in a broken game mechanic this long is beyond me.

Maybe because its working like its intended to and isn't up for a change? As well as they probably have many more pressing matters to deal with. As far as I know the only thing that made it up to a discussion of change was if they should have a taunt before they attack. (in the community hot topic) Other than that there hasn't been much there to suggest on the surface that they plan on changing it. So basically it will remain as it is and people will need to learn to deal with it.

Edited by dragonkingdx

But then again, has anyone in this thread noticed that Nullifiers have crappier accuracy than before (not that they have good accuracy before the new accuracy changes, but still)?

At least there is that. 

IIRC they did do a patch where they modified accuracy. As to better address the host vs client accuracy differences. Then again haven't seen too much of a change myself

• 2 weeks later...

But then again, has anyone in this thread noticed that Nullifiers have crappier accuracy than before (not that they have good accuracy before the new accuracy changes, but still)?

At least there is that. 

Yep they fixed it. And it's good. The only thing left to fix is low rate of fire + high damage weapons being useless vs nullifiers (e.g. being useless in void in general).

... EX. why dont u just slide inside the bubble and kill them.

i would like to watch you sliding into a a bunch of nullifiers at t4 surv  1h+ :  you simply get wrekt :P

p.s. Nullifiers Bubble/Globe is affected by damage,but its capped by depletion time if we can call it like this.(try it with gammacor/soma/amprex/synapse shooting with bursts and you will see)

i would like to watch you sliding into a a bunch of nullifiers at t4 surv  1h+ :  you simply get wrekt :P

p.s. Nullifiers Bubble/Globe is affected by damage,but its capped by depletion time if we can call it like this.(try it with gammacor/soma/amprex/synapse shooting with bursts and you will see)

Try shooting nullifiers with torid, instakill with mine it might be taking out the nullifier carrier though rather than the shield itself but what the hay it does the trick

Edited by LeMoog

DE could, at least, make semi-auto and charge weapons deal bonus damage to a damn bubble, so it will take a niche as a nullifier and heavy guys destroyer, not a waste of a weapon slot.

But we'll need to wait half a year for them to acknowledge a flaw with this broken enemy.

DE could, at least, make semi-auto and charge weapons deal bonus damage to a damn bubble, so it will take a niche as a nullifier and heavy guys destroyer, not a waste of a weapon slot.
But we'll need to wait half a year for them to acknowledge a flaw with this broken enemy.

Maybe after they finally acknowledge how unfair it is latron gets the same amount of bullets per pickup as soma.

Edited by Serialkillerwhale

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Something like this, maybe? :

Corpus Nullifiers:

The idea behind the Nullifiers was a very interesting one, and one that could seriously alter the dynamic of the game, but as it stands, the Nullifiers act more so to limit player weapon choice, rather than hard-stop our powers solely. As such, my feedback for the Nullifiers is that they need a bit of a rework, to help them actually do their job equally of stopping our powers, but not limiting player play style, both with powers and with weapons.

Firstly, let's rename the Corpus Nullifiers Corpus Guardians. The mechanics of the Guardian unit is that it deploys a stationary 180 degree shield arc that protects all units behind it from CC/Utility effects and damage that is incoming from the direction it is facing. Think of it as a larger version of Alad V's thrown down shield during his Mutalist Boss Fight. Removing the limit on the amount of damage able to be done to the shield, but also upping its base HP, gives it a strong resistance to our powers, but does not limit our weapon variety. Additionally, any Corpus weaponry fired out of the shield receives a small damage bonus. (Tenno may also utilize this boost, should they be carrying Corpus weaponry).

Thus, the Guardian acts as protection for the Corpus against our powers, but does not hinder our weapon choice.

Players can now either tough it out in front of the shield against the enemy squads and fire upon it/use their powers until it falls. Or they can use their abilities and/or parkour skills to vault over/around the shield to kill the units taking cover behind it. The Guardian is now a unit that is useful and interesting to fight, but does not outright remove self-cast powers like Iron Skin or Hysteria, as the shield protects the occupants from outside interference/damage, but it does not remove them.

Scaling for the reworked Nullifier are as follows:

Levels 1-15 gives units behind it immunity to CC/Utility and damage incoming from the direction the shield is facing. It's somewhat like how we have them now, but with the bubble cut in half to ensure players still have to deal with a large enemy AoE ward, but it doesn't outright gimp multiple play styles.

Levels 16-30 gives a higher increase to damage for Corpus weaponry fired outwards from the shield. Beneficial and synergetic with the Corpus army, this change allows the Guardian to be a great asset on the battlefield for those who have Corpus weaponry equipped, Tenno included.

Levels 31-45 gives the Guardian the ability to remove procs from units entering into, or already within, its defensive radius. Bolstering its essence as a defensive ward, this change allows the Guardian to further support the units it protects.

Levels 46-60 allows the Guardian's shield to deflect incoming fire/powers in a random direction dictated by RNG. Somewhat of a buffer for the Guardian, it adds a bit more defense to the EHP of the shield, thus allowing for a short extension of defense for the units behind it. However, outside units beware, the ricochets might prove deadly.

Levels 60-80 allows the Guardian to absorb a portion of incoming damage and converts it into health (max 10% of incoming damage). The added defense could be telegraphed by the shield brightening or shimmering (for our color blind friends), thus visually showing an added protective measure present on the reworked Nullifier.

Levels 80+ Guardians can now be moved by a console at the center of the half circle shield. Essentially making the Nullifier a moving tank/castle, by this time the Guardian shields are Raid worthy, and this added mechanic adds a powerful way to make the Guardians a moving fortress, for anyone who can surmise to use them. (Essentially a Tenno Squad could use the Guardian as moving cover as well, should they be able to deal with the threats within the shield).

The reworked Nullifier now becomes a potent tool to stopping our powers, but not so limiting as to how to deal with the threat. In addition, it functions as a useful tool for any who can surmise how to use it once it is deployed.

NOt just work , rework they are broken as an idea and as an implication

An interesting rework, I hope.

Edited by AlphaHorseman

Corpus Nullifiers have a raised damage cap, but there's still a cap.

Corrupted Nullifiers, on the other hand, need a MASSIVE change/rework. I'd say no (or close to no) damage cap, no fixed shrink rate, not block AOE damage, affected by pellet count and multi-shot (so it shrinks on a per-bullet basis, independent of the cap), and not block punch through. Seriously, if I shoot a Dread with punch through or a sniper at a Nullifier, I expect that thing to drop, not shrug it off with minimal damage and keep covering those bombards that are gonna wreck my squad.

Edited by timerwin63

Yes, they badly need a re-work. On the one hand DE is wondering why no one uses shotguns or sniper rifles, and yet they come up mechanics that basically make those useless. Sniper, as well as bows, dont have the ROF to be effective against those bubbles and while shotguns in theory could work, DE said "NO" and so the pellets are not counted as multiple bullets as far as those globes are concerned and thus shotguns are pretty useless as well.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

Lol Supra has not got a buff and it is demanded since 2 years + i think ?

Seriously though.  Honestly I don't know why this has been ignored.  Not just nullifiers but anything that has needed a fix is normally ignored.

Seriously though.  Honestly I don't know why this has been ignored.  Not just nullifiers but anything that has needed a fix is normally ignored.

Because they have to put more broken contect to sell more to get more .Just go around and see for yourself

all the posts about all the warframes / weapons / enemies being ignored . Supra buff? we get a maybe after 2 years or so

no word on the dagger situation , ember is still been buffed the wrong way , more rng while everyone cries for less

posts about ppl that they are leaving because they cant stand the game anymore , Kubrows ignored , Archwind ignored,

Shotguns / Snipers ignored and what DE does for all this? They add more broken contect that they probably never fix.

Nulifiers are not going to be nerfed for a simple reason DE cant make a challenging end game or interesting that is why

they try to stop you with ridiculus enemies like bombards homing missiles , nulifiers etc they just try to frustrate u long enough

to give up because they know they are so many wrong with this game that dont want to admit . Same happened to Viver and

Draco they nerf the frames because they dont want to admit that they have failed not only in on how the lisetes are but also

in the constribution of EXP and generally making the game interesting and rewarding . That is why now they added the ancients that shield allies with the auras making weapons useless because they cant add bombards and nulifiers in T1 and T2 but know the players use T1 and T2 to go high times and dont want that . Plus the ancients with nulifies and bombards make your chances go higher even lower.They are in denial and as long they are in denial almost nothing will change expect more broken enemies , more rng and in the end more frustration .

Edited by AMDMAD