Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime's Underwhelming

Gahrzerkire

People that have reviewed it like Mogamu, or whatever his name is, have said that the weapon lacks the "Primed" feel, all this is just a Wraith version.

I actually agree the Soma Prime doesn't feel prime. But it has absolutely nothing to do with its stats (which are generally amazing across the board and well worth the "prime" designation) and more to do with the fact that even if you color the whole thing gold, none of its parts are that eye catching gold that literally every other prime in the game has. It's no more gold than an opticor with gold tinting. Less so; a gold opticor looks like you plated it in gold, Soma Prime doesn't.

Wow, just wow.

Some Prime has highest sustainable DPS of all primaries, lags only like 10% behind Boltor Prime when it comes to burst DPS.

Do you even know the implications of 45% crit chance, original poster? On a gun with 3.0x critical damage multiplier?

LET ME CHECK THAT WITH GAMS

Basic case, best possible build:

SOMA PRIME:

Sustainable 27505.089; Burst 39263.515 DPS

SOMA PRIME, 45% CRIT CHANCE:

Sustainable 38612.914; Burst 55119.935 DPS

For reference:

BOLTOR PRIME: Sustainable 24795.319; Burst 43639.761 DPS

That's 26% higher burst DPS than Boltor Prime. You know, I made a video about this with my old model:

My god... you guys sure took this way farther then i thought you would. Okay. I did some thinking and I revised my edits.

Drop the soma's damage to 10.0 total. I dont care the distrubution. Then buff the crit chance to 45%. Essentially you will come out with slightly higher DPS but not completely OP. Moreover it lets you get redcrits and makes the gun feel godly. It would also stop damage drops, and create damage spikes. The damage spikes would be the red crits. Currently the only gun in the game that gets damage sags is the soma and its prime variant. The Prime version should eliminate the damage sags. 

"Moreover it lets you get redcrits and makes the gun feel godly"

Because we dont already have too many godly weapons in the game

Do you not understand how anticipated the soma prime is/was?! do you just not get it?! moreover with the damage reduc i propose and the red crits only showing up 1/10th of the time it wouldnt be that different from what it currently is! It would just feel better.

Moreover I DONT EVEN ASK for redcrits in the second part. I simply state that it would be awesome to remove the Soma Prime's damage sags.

Only because the word beta is abused by companies now-a-days. Gotta wonder how bad the power creep will be by the time its actually considered released. Personally I think they'll just keep it in beta until it dies.

Er... no. Are you not aware of what being in beta entails? Warframe is in beta because:

1. It isn't finished.

2. The devs say it is.

There is no time limit on how long beta stages can last. There is no level of not-broken that beta stages end at. There is no law that states money cannot be made during beta stage (not saying you made this claim, just preemptively addressing a claim I see quite often). This game will leave beta when DE decides for it to leave beta. The only thing being abused here are all the companies that have to deal with ignorant individuals trying to tell them their unfinished game isn't in beta anymore because reasons.

i just wanted to point out that you are a total idiot

you don't just put mods for more dps on the weapon like a freaking noob, you have to place the build carefuly

boltor p gets 43k burst dps with...25 fire rate? nice mate, you'll run out of ammo in 10seconds, you're a fcking genious

same for soma prime, a decent build for soma won't go over 15k dps

why? cause you need ammo mutation, and hybrid status+elemental mods

BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T USE AMMO MUTATION THE WEAPON IS GARBAGE

this is pretty much soma's best build: http://goo.gl/VUWYFH

and this one for boltor:                       http://goo.gl/P6eEKX

Since you called me out as an idiot and a @(*()$ genius , let me tell you that yes, I am cheeky enough to say that yes, I am a @(*()$ genius.

Why are you getting so emotional over builds in a game? Did my supreme math CHALLENGE your view on a VIDEO GAME?

Your build is 6/8 correct. With that build you are wasting more ammo on an enemy, technically negating your increase in ammo economy!

>BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T USE AMMO MUTATION THE WEAPON IS GARBAGE

You can't phantom the pain in my stomach and sides when I read that. I haven't had a good laugh in days!

By the way, have you ever used Ammo Restores?

The soma already has a higher base crit chance than ALL the designated sniper rifles in game which is stupid in the first place to be honest. It´s a full auto rifle with a large clip, if people would get along with your 45% base crit idea with a little tweaking you would get 134% crit rate, thats a 34% RED CRIT chance on a full auto weapon even an imbecile can see that that would be way overpowered. But maybe imbeciles are more reasonable these days than some other people. Honestly how old are you people?    

It is no small wonder that DE has such a hard time releasing decent and balanced weapon with all the moronic request around. This time around they actually did a decent job and look what happens, the little kiddies with god syndrome come out of the wood work crying for not having another grossly overpowered toy. 

I'd love to comment here but I can't get ahold of the darn thing.

I've been trying to get this weapon since it was added and I still can't get the stock. I know RNG hates me but I don't want this to turn into another Latron Prime Receiver (that thing took me almost 8 months to get).

But I can see where you're comming from on this, I'd be satisified to see a 90% crit chance with point strike attached (base critical chance of 36%) and no change to it's current damage total of 12. Even though it really doesn't need such a high critical chance. that would give it the ability to out perform the standard Soma, and in fact most weapons in the game, without losing the distinct feel and behaviour of the Soma.

Edited by Omiroth

I'd love to comment here but I can't get ahold of the darn thing.

I've been trying to get this weapon since it was added and I still can't get the stock. I know RNG hates me but I don't want this to turn into another Latron Prime Receiver (that thing took me almost 8 months to get).

But I can see where you're comming from on this, I'd be satisified to see a 90% crit chance with point strike attached (base critical chance of 36%) and no change to it's current damage total of 12. Even though it really doesn't need such a high critical chance. that would give it the ability to out perform the standard Soma, and in fact most weapons in the game, without losing the distinct feel and behaviour of the Soma.

But it already outperforms the standard Soma. By 20% + however much you put status chance into the equation. 

This &!$$es me off. Saying you've been playing since Beta does not give you special significance or weigh your opinions more heavily. I've been playing since closed Beta too and I think the Soma P is perfect where it is.

They didn't say closed beta, I could have joined yesterday and still be able to say that I've been playing since beta

Uhh just a quick re-cap.

Soma Prime is slash based

4x Corrosive Projection means it will do bonus damage against EVERYTHING in the Void.

Headshot crits means 4x more damage due to crit multipliers

Boltor Prime will deal only 50% more.

On paper, burst DPS, sustainability goes to Soma Prime by a long shot.

The main advantage of Boltor Prime is it's innate pinning properties giving it more damage if it can kill an enemy and drag everyone down the line. But that is not a perfect mechanic, as enemies get stronger you need to pour more ammo to kill, then you can drag him down.

So Shred again is mandatory, eventually.

Arguably both guns are top tier still.

And definitely the best for the current Nullifier heavy meta.

So... why do we need to make Soma Prime another god tier gun ?

Edited by fatpig84

Since you called me out as an idiot and a @(*()$ genius , let me tell you that yes, I am cheeky enough to say that yes, I am a @(*()$ genius.

Why are you getting so emotional over builds in a game? Did my supreme math CHALLENGE your view on a VIDEO GAME?

Your build is 6/8 correct. With that build you are wasting more ammo on an enemy, technically negating your increase in ammo economy!

>BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T USE AMMO MUTATION THE WEAPON IS GARBAGE

You can't phantom the pain in my stomach and sides when I read that. I haven't had a good laugh in days!

By the way, have you ever used Ammo Restores?

1) you have no clue about math and how things work, you just put mods that will show you high numbers on the builder

2) "With that build you are wasting more ammo on an enemy, technically negating your increase in ammo economy!" wrong, the reason you have more dps is because you have more FIRE RATE, your bullets don't do much more damage, you just shoot them faster, which fucks every thing up

3) "You can't phantom the pain in my stomach and sides when I read that. I haven't had a good laugh in days!"  "By the way, have you ever used Ammo Restores?"

hmm let me think

using 3 ammo restores on every defence wave seems legit, right? 50-100 waves, 150-200 ammo restores per run

but who am i kidding, you won't be able to do more than 30waves with that brain of yours

I don't think you understand how headshots work.

Standard headshot - 2x damage

Crit headshot - 4x damage

Crit headshot as client - 8x damage

By nature of being a crit weapon, The Soma Prime gets far more out of headshots than the Boltor Prime. Even without headshots though, it still has slightly higher burst and sustained DPS than the Boltor Prime.

As client?

What are you talking about

______

A lot of you are just BEGGING for the mods to delete your posts and give you warning points aka Chorba and Alodapos

_____

End of the line is, the Soma is just fine where it's at, if you think it's damage isn't good, you modded it incorrectly, end of story, I can prove it time and time again as can other people as it absolutely shreds anything in it's way in seconds

Edited by NocturneOfSolace

As client?

What are you talking about

@Gear-hart the Soma Prime isn't underwhelming, you've just modded it incorrectly, it does enormous amounts of damage

If you are hosting the game you get a 4x headshot multiplier if it is a crit, while you get an 8x as a client. This has been the case at least since Damage 2.0 came out.

The whole thread just screams "DE why aren't you adding severe power creep to the game!".

Soma was not bad, and now there is an even better version. End of story.

DE (At least used to) is trying to make guns more equally viable and eliminate "tiers", at least that's what I heard from them last. You're just asking to take already top-tier guns and make them even more powerful. 

No. I'm betting his fav gun in his profile is a Soma. Which means that he jumped for joy when he heard the Soma Prime was coming out, and he wants it to be "better" in "some ways" then the Boltor Prime for "personal reasons", and because it seems NOT to be the case, he wants something, ANYTHING actually, done differently to it, to be able to say "ha! it does X better then Boltor Prime".

This has nothing to do with balance or making the game better, this is to make him personally feel better.