Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psn And Xbl Are Down

(PSN)IkariWarrior83

I didn't know where else to put this, please feel free to move it...

So...PSN and Xbox Live are down.  Hacked...again.  Well, "again" for PSN.  I know Live gets hacked, too, but PSN goes down FAR more frequently.  It's like a monthly thing where Sony's network inexplicably tanks.

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? I figure De will put up a thread under the respective information sub-forums as necessary.

I hope Stalker finds the bastards who hacked our networks.

I have no regrets

zNedH3D.gif

Anyways, just find another game to play or do something productive. It's not like Warframe has taken your soul or anything, ha ha ha

Grow up, its been a frustrating day for some of us. Its not just about warframe, its the fact that you could hardly do anything with the games. Plus, many people got Xb1 and Ps4s for Christmas, so imagine how they feel to boot up their new console only to find they can't log in or play online. It ruined Christmas for MANY people.

To the OP, I've been watching it all on Twitter today,in between playing GTA. Apparently the attacks have stopped (supposedly) and we are in the aftermath phase. Which basically = gotta wait for Sony to put PSN back online.

I believe Xb1 is slowly starting to get connections back though. Leave it to Sony to take their sweet time.

Just got a ps4 for Chrismas. Been on my buy list for a while, but after doing some more recent researched, I'm sad to hear this current outage is only the most recent in a frequent line of problems. I wonder if I can get my money back. 

Bungie really needs to get with the times and release Destiny on PC already. Its basically Sony's only saving grace, and its dwindling fast from what I hear. 

Edit: forgot for a second Destiny is on Xbone too. Why do people buy sony anymore?

Edited by inthephonebox

Hacked? No. DDoSed. Yes. There's a difference... please, for the love of the Lotus, learn the difference between actual hacking and people just being jerks and overloading servers with information requests.

DO we really need to be that specific? 

Just got a ps4 for Chrismas. Been on my buy list for a while, but after doing some more recent researched, I'm sad to hear this current outage is only the most recent in a frequent line of problems. I wonder if I can get my money back. 

Bungie really needs to get with the times and release Destiny on PC already. Its basically Sony's only saving grace, and its dwindling fast from what I hear. 

Don't try to get your money back, what you bought is worth the money you spent. 

Edit: forgot for a second Destiny is on Xbone too. Why do people buy sony anymore?

And there goes the console war again.

On topic: some men just want to watch the world burn :)

DO we really need to be that specific? 

Don't try to get your money back, what you bought is worth the money you spent. 

You sort of do, since the last PSN 'hacks' resulted in credit card data being stolen. There is a pretty massive difference between the last two times Playstation Network has been hacked and had data stolen, and this current DDoS attack.

I didn't know where else to put this, please feel free to move it...

So...PSN and Xbox Live are down.  Hacked...again.  Well, "again" for PSN.  I know Live gets hacked, too, but PSN goes down FAR more frequently.  It's like a monthly thing where Sony's network inexplicably tanks.

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? I figure De will put up a thread under the respective information sub-forums as necessary.

I hope Stalker finds the bastards who hacked our networks.

It's ok. You put it on the right subforum. PSN and XB1 down problem are their responsibility to fix, not DE.

You sort of do, since the last PSN 'hacks' resulted in credit card data being stolen. There is a pretty massive difference between the last two times Playstation Network has been hacked and had data stolen, and this current DDoS attack.

Honestly, you can gather what the topic means. When they say hacked, you immediately think that it's been downed. So in a sense, you don't need to be this specific. Yes they have specific meanings, but nowadays you can say hacked and it'd still be okay to use because people often now use it to say "This website has been downed"

I certainly don't mean to start a consol war again. I've had both playstation and xbox for the past two generation. I was won over by Sony's better public face and promise of more exclusive content and gaming experience over broad multisystem functionality. While the Xbone seemed like a better all in one entertainment system, the Ps4 seemed like the better gaming consol. To be honest, I didn't keep up on my homework the past couple months to realize PSN has been compromised a number of time and many there arent as many exclusive as I originally thought. I'd love to see Sony take Microsoft down a notch, but not at the expense of my gaming experience. Though I must say, a DDoS attack is pretty low. Only hurts the end user, us fellow gamers, and not Sony much. Whats the point except to be a jerk? Faith in humanity < 0

Honestly, you can gather what the topic means. When they say hacked, you immediately think that it's been downed. So in a sense, you don't need to be this specific. Yes they have specific meanings, but nowadays you can say hacked and it'd still be okay to use because people often now use it to say "This website has been downed"

Regardless they are still quite different.

When PSN was hacked, credit card info and such was stolen.

When PSN was DDoS'd, it just knocks the service down for a while.

On top of that saying that lizard squad "hacked" PSN is giving them far too much credit. They're just a rinky-dink group of kids who do nothing more than DDoS companies who they believe have bad business practices.

*Obligatory PC Master Race comment here*

But seriously, I feel for you, I've been in spots where I don't have internet for up to around a whole month, it sucks. If you have any games you can play single player offline maybe those could tide you over until the jerks at Lizard Squad stop ruining everyone's holiday for fun.

Hacked? No. DDoSed. Yes. 

That's technically correct.  I should know better, as I do know the difference.  The little snots who orchestrated this shouldn't be called hackers.  

I figured they had to get past (hack) Sony's and MS's firewalls in order to DDoS them, hence why I used the more colloquial term.

Conversely, there's not enough info to determine if this is a DDoS or a hacking incident, as PSN hasn't come back online yet (can't even get to their store page).  I suppose I made this thread as a place for us console Warframe players to post our lamentations.  

On topic: some men just want to watch the world burn :)

Says the guy with the Ember Prime avatar :P

It's ok. You put it on the right subforum. PSN and XB1 down problem are their responsibility to fix, not DE.

The community moderator actually moved it, and your explanation above as to "why" makes sense.

*Obligatory PC Master Race comment here*

But seriously, I feel for you, I've been in spots where I don't have internet for up to around a whole month, it sucks. If you have any games you can play single player offline maybe those could tide you over until the jerks at Lizard Squad stop ruining everyone's holiday for fun.

I feel like Lizard Squad actually DDoSed because they have the "PC Master Race" mentality.  I know you're just joking, but I get the feeling those have that mentality.  Notice how Steam didn't go down.

randomly incubated a dark blue lotus kubrow i almost couldnt sleep last night waiting on to see the size this morning, psn down, its been a difficult 12 hours for me.

I know what you mean.  I put an Opticor and Lex Prime in the oven on xmas eve, and am excited to use them.  This DDoS is costing De money, because I'm not spending my plat on catalysts because I can't get in.

Got a ps4 for Christmas, gotta download both the games that came with it online. Not sure if Destiny is worth the hassle for this, anyone know if I need the psn subscription to actually play destiny?

Only bought the ps4 for Bloodborne when it comes out, otherwise not much