Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Biased Drop Tables Neccessary When Loot Is So Diluted Anyways?

Innocent_Flower

There are four items in a droptable

Get the same item 6 times, the second item twice. never getting the third and fourth items. Either the wiki Is a wicked Liar, or the bloke who gives out random rewards on behalf of the lotus isn't a nice guy. 

BUT

Most drop tables have a lot more items than just four parts and they're... still biased to oblivion. 

Although I see the advantages of this malpractice; I see more disadvantages. Namely:

A- The player gets frustrated. 

B- The player spends more time in the void than needed, which isn't a great idea looking at the limeted variety of corrupted.

C- The player looses faith in droptables or even the developers playing fair

D- When you finaly get the part you farmed for you ask yourself;" was that worth it?" especialy when there are more parts to find. 

I recently started playing vault again. Game seems to want to give me as many useless pistol mods as possible. Why? Why is the droptable so keen on giving me boar and sicarus parts? 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Have you sacrificed your goats to RNGesus yet?

Anyways, many games that shouldn't have MMO drop tables do like Borderlands. Its their way of artificially prolonging the content and for you to buy stuff from their cash shop(Like Stalker gear). Also the newer stuff should have a lower drop rate in my opinion as the devs need people to buy prime access and put food on their table.

Edited by CorruptArbiter

Definitely. Been running T3 Exterminate Keys for Rhino Prime blueprint, get Mag Prime Chassis blueprint 7 times in a row.

Since there are 8 possible rewards (including forma), probability of that happening is (1/8)^7, which is 0.000000476837158.

Edited by Cosmeo

Definitely. Been running T3 Exterminate Keys for Rhino Prime blueprint, get Mag Prime Chassis blueprint 7 times in a row.

Since there are 8 possible rewards (including forma), probability of that happening is (1/8)^7, which is 0.000000476837158.

Prayed to RNGesus and got a Scindo blade on my first run with my only key! :D

REPENT!!!BELIEVE!!!

Edited by CorruptArbiter

Get the same item 6 times, the second item twice. never getting the third and fourth items. Either the wiki Is a wicked Liar, or the bloke who gives out random rewards on behalf of the lotus isn't a nice guy. 

BUT

Most drop tables have a lot more items than just four parts and they're... still biased to oblivion. 

Although I see the advantages of this malpractice; I see more disadvantages. Namely:

B- The player spends more time in the void than needed, which isn't a great idea looking at the limeted variety of corrupted.

D- When you finaly get the part you farmed for you ask yourself;" was that worth it?" especialy when there are more parts to find. 

Yes, because EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in the team gets the drop.

Otherwise you run the mission 4 times with 3 other mates - say, 8 tops with bad "new" RNG - and can assemble one for everyone.

You don't see it fit to comment on the fact that for some totally unexplained reason, a rotation drops 4 Boltor Prime stocks? What, they have stacks of them just sitting by and award one per player?

The rotations would drop 1/4 like you seem to want if MAYBE only 1 dropped, and in order to make a full Boltor P for everyone a team 16 separate runs - or about 32 times with bad "new" RNG - was the case.

The difference between 4 runs and 16 runs with "your" system would be the MINIMUM DE "might" do, and would still not make it exactly 1/4 as some parts should still be more rare anyway.

So no, your idea won't work.

Also, your A-D points? That's just you. I'm not having that problem, because I'm not obsessed with the loot as much as you, apparently, and don't dwell on it.

Edited by DSpite

I agree. There is no need for duplicate parts, rotations, trash "rewards" (keys, cores) or the wildly uneven drop chances we've had for the past 15 months. In fact, there wasn't any need for T4 void.

All that was necessary would have been to take out the duplicates and flatten the drop table. We had more than enough things in the Void 6 months ago.

Im noticing nobody talking about the fact that forma and cores have been stealth added to rotation c of all endless.

Its making rotation c feel like a punishment instead of a goal. One run I literally got 6 forma and 10 r5s in a 40 minute t4 survival. that is goddamn ridiculous

Im noticing nobody talking about the fact that forma and cores have been stealth added to rotation c of all endless.

Its making rotation c feel like a punishment instead of a goal. One run I literally got 6 forma and 10 r5s in a 40 minute t4 survival. that is goddamn ridiculous

Indeed, damn forma.

But if we'd get 10 r5 cores at one of the rotations (preferably B, make C exclusively prime parts), I wouldn't mind at all.

Cores...

Need more cores...

Especially with those new primed mods, bloody hell they nom cores like it's a christmass 'all you can eat'-buffet...

I thought this thread was going to be about how you got inordinate amounts of the mesa chassis, one or two helmets and no systems.

Which is literally the same problem, one I had, one most of my clanmates had (and one  STILL has).

Regardless I think that biased drop tables need to be drop kicked THROUGH a table. They have no place here.

Indeed, damn forma.

But if we'd get 10 r5 cores at one of the rotations (preferably B, make C exclusively prime parts), I wouldn't mind at all.

Cores...

Need more cores...

Especially with those new primed mods, bloody hell they nom cores like it's a christmass 'all you can eat'-buffet...

I dont mind cores dropping on A or B. But leave them out of C

I thought this thread was going to be about how you got inordinate amounts of the mesa chassis, one or two helmets and no systems.

Which is literally the same problem, one I had, one most of my clanmates had (and one  STILL has).

Regardless I think that biased drop tables need to be drop kicked THROUGH a table. They have no place here.

Can we trade? Please let me trade. I've got 7 helmets, 3 systems and 0 chassis :(

guise, guise, i got an idea, lets use the current drop tables but all items hav 100% chance! so when you run a t1 exterminate you'll get all items that drop there, good idea eh? go awai rng, we not liek u!
Seriously now, drop tables and drop chances are totaly fine as they are, there is no need for changes, they work as intented, you come here, cry, and go buy nova prime acces cause parts don't drop on your first run

yea that stealth change was horrifying, was trying to get nova systems and i got key on rotation c, or even a u5 core..dafaq

but if you look closely here

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172911-prime-gear-drop-locations/

the line on top that said rotation C has 100% chance of prime part or forma has been removed

I HAZ WON OROKIN CELL ON ROTATION C VOID

BUT

When you run that 30th TIII Survival to 40 min to get... *gasp* A SECOND Frost Prime helmet! YAY! For the 10th time in a ROW!

I... am fairly aggravated right now.

It has stopped being fun. Now it is work. Work with no pay or other reward.

If they had a way to trade unused prime parts for part you actually need... maybe 20 Frost Prime helms for a Nova Prime helmet? I would be able to buy 3. Maybe 4...

And if I get one more Uncommon Core reward at 20 min of ODS...

Edited by Kalenath

guise, guise, i got an idea, lets use the current drop tables but all items hav 100% chance! so when you run a t1 exterminate you'll get all items that drop there, good idea eh? go awai rng, we not liek u!

Seriously now, drop tables and drop chances are totaly fine as they are, there is no need for changes, they work as intented, you come here, cry, and go buy nova prime acces cause parts don't drop on your first run

I don't know man, it would be really great if all items were to drop with an equal chance.

The thing that would fix this is a max to the "unlucky"-ness. At that max "unlucky", you slowly get a higher chance of getting it until you get it.

That Stormbringer NEVER dropped for me, and I've been playing Warframe for a year. And it's an uncommon. I had to buy it. With hard earned plat worth hours of farming.

The thing that would fix this is a max to the "unlucky"-ness. At that max "unlucky", you slowly get a higher chance of getting it until you get it.

That Stormbringer NEVER dropped for me, and I've been playing Warframe for a year. And it's an uncommon. I had to buy it. With hard earned plat worth hours of farming.

this is impossible to happen since loot isn't personal, but all  4 players get the same item