Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniperton Vandal , Wraith Twin Wipers ?

_RoXey_

You are completely incorrect. The Snipetron Vandal is an amazing weapon with huge potential for several reasons such as a massive innate punch through and great crit capabilities. The founder weapons may seem lackluster, but I have met some whom have created amazing builds for their founder weapons.

Also to clarify things for all the confusion out there, when DE stated that the vandal SERIES would remain exclusive, that includes Snipetron Vandal. Prova Vandal was at a different time though, so that may be a different story.

It's not as good as vectis/lanka. Yes it might have slightly higher potential dps because its semi-auto, but the damage per shot isn't in the same league as other snipers. I have mine 3 forma'd, hoping i could make it usable, nope, it's just a "fun" weapon to use railgun builds on(max punchthrough), won't carry you far into the void.

Lato prime is a joke......it didn't get buffed when normal lato got buffed, because DE doesn't want founders to have any sort of "ingame advantage".

Skana prime is there as well. All these things are just collection trophies now if you are looking at them as viable void weapons.

Here are the weps, look at how much more amazing they are over the standard ones /s

RPLb7JN.jpg

Sob9LtT.jpg

Here is the vectis, similar build. LOOK at the damage difference, not in the same league, its like comparing marelok and lato.

robdwfw.jpg

Here, even if i forma it 1 more time to fit another 90%(over 60% one) mod it's still wont improve much.

3L2wULI.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto

Oh, no one is gonna sue DE over that, please.

The founders (myself included) would have had X years of exclusiveness, it's not enough for some ? They still want more, they are that greedy ?

And if skana/lato prime are not made available somehow we will never have dual skana/aklato prime

you are mistaken if you think people will just sit by letting their exclusives be re released. and where is this supposed talk about reintroducing excal prime coming from? i've heard nothing about that

you are mistaken if you think people will just sit by letting their exclusives be re released. and where is this supposed talk about reintroducing excal prime coming from? i've heard nothing about that

By "people" you mean "I" ?

And what will you do, leave the game ?

You already paid for it by buying the founder package.

And if "people" are still dumb enough to believe having exclusive stuff make them special then DE can compensate re-released game altering stuff by cosmetic stuff, like a set of Founder Skins for exca/lato/skana, or something.

Edited by Kitzun

No offence, but this thread has NOTHING to do with re-releasing founders stuff.

Please take that discussion somewhere else, so that thread can be locked like every other one of the thousands on the same subject.

This thread is about the Snipertron Vandal and the Wraith Vipers, and maybe by extension other EVENT weapons.

So, on topic, I wouldn't mind the event weapons resurfacing at all, even though I got them the first time.

It doesn't make my Brakk less powerful because other people now have one, does it?

If Brakk can get released into the wild I don't see why other weapons can't either.

I doubt the Wraith and Vandal weapons will be brought back.    Maybe but I doubt it, they are well event exclusives for getting the max score they had setup.   And DE has already stated that Exclusive items, are never going to be coming back.

DE has stated that everything from events (presumably open-beta onwards) is "on the table", capable of coming back if they decide to do it.

(They've just been releasing new stuff instead of re-releasing old stuff, for the most part.)

Could you just give me the source for that? 

I have a hazy memory but it seems to me DERebecca herself said that the event weapons were exclusive to the participants. That they would never come back.

Honestly, I'd prefer it that way, as much I want the Sandal. It'd just be unfair to those who have the exclusivity of owning those weapons.

Let's say you're the only one to have won a solid gold XBOX (or PS4, what have you). You won it legit, and no one else has one. Then a couple of years later they decide to make another contest with the same prize. I'm fairly sure you won't be happy. 

All Vandal/Wraith weapons will come back, with the exception of the Braton and Lato Vandals

This is how long we will have to wait for DE to re add those weapons.

8373718.jpg

I got both btw and still in inventory. It's just that DE is so slow at releasing certain stuff.

I have a hazy memory but it seems to me DERebecca herself said that the event weapons were exclusive to the participants. That they would never come back.

Honestly, I'd prefer it that way, as much I want the Sandal. It'd just be unfair to those who have the exclusivity of owning those weapons.

Let's say you're the only one to have won a solid gold XBOX (or PS4, what have you). You won it legit, and no one else has one. Then a couple of years later they decide to make another contest with the same prize. I'm fairly sure you won't be happy. 

it was specifically stated in a dev stream. don't remember the number but it was a question asked about re releasing stuff like the wraith/vandal weapons. all but founders gear can be re released

it was specifically stated in a dev stream. don't remember the number but it was a question asked about re releasing stuff like the wraith/vandal weapons. all but founders gear can be re released

I've seen it on the wiki and even Devoid mentioned they could come back.

Bah, good for the people who want them back but I still maintain my point. 

but that Snipetron Vandal...so shiny..must haveNO,NO,NO. MUST RESIST

It's not about the weapons or frames, or exclusive or anything; it's about the mastery rank.

In time we will have enough common weapons to get to MR 30, but until then the exclusive stuff will be a sore topic because of the difference in MR capacity this stuff provide.

But DE should still release the event mods, they offer options.

With no "search DE's posts" function on the forum and no standard DE nametag (or staff list) it's hard to find something I haven't bookmarked specifically.  These are the closest matches I can find about old/event item exclusivity.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=28gzaye&s=8#.VJ80rv-EA4

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/259078-tenno-reinforcements-vault-machete/page-8#entry3007444

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/311941-the-new-event-mods-are-bandaids/?p=3532355

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/10762-update-63-hotfixes/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/14530-exclusive-cbt-weapon-revealed/

The Braton and Lato Vandal are considered as not returning because they are for the Closed Beta testers, and we moved into Open Beta last year.  Other event rewards and limited items, however, have returned before.

A lot of people also seem to think that DE stated Nova was post-Orokin (just look at the S#&$storm on Nova Prime's PA teaser video), but I asked people for days and there's a distinct lack of any source of that statement.

So in absence of any statement that an item is exclusive, in general that item is considered non-exclusive.

(Still wish the forum had a "search DE's posts" function though, to pull up sources for this stuff easier.)

Oh, no one is gonna sue DE over that, please.

The founders (myself included) would have had X years of exclusiveness, it's not enough for some ? They still want more, they are that greedy ?

And if skana/lato prime are not made available somehow we will never have dual skana/aklato prime

Dude. People threatened to sue Bioware because the ending of ME3 wasn't to their liking. People sued Sega over Aliens colonial marines because the game was a piece of crap.

People are petty and if they think they're getting something exclusive, then it gets released, yes some people will go to court over it. Since it was marketed as exclusive, and money was put down thinking they were getting something exclusive, yes DE could be taken to court over it under the grounds of false advertising.

No it is not enough for some, and yes a lot of people are that greedy. Especially when exclusivity comes into play.

Even if they don't get sued it can seriously damage their reputation with the player base. Hell look at what happened when Frost prime came out after being marketed as exclusive. There was a thread every 5 mins about what scumbags DE were, and I would imagine they lost a lot of players after that happened, which is not a good thing.

I would love to get Excali prime and the stuff I missed, the Braton vandal most of all. But I don't want DE to get damaged by some A****** who wants to keep being a special snowflake and gets &!$$ed off when DE gives their shiny toys out for everyone to share.

Edited by DecapitatingJim

Yall sounds like a bunch of kids with your "exclusive" stuff... It's a co-op game ffs, why would you not want your fellow players to have acess to the same equipments you do? Are you really that special just because you had the time/money when some event happened a year ago?
Just please, when you lose your exclusivity and leave all mad and crying, don't take the ball with ya, so the others can play... ;)

Wait what? Frost was exclusive? why was exclusive in the first place?

The BP was given out as an event reward and it was mentioned he was exclusive. When his parts came out as a drop and everyone could get him, the forums went absolutely mental over it. He wasn't exclusive but everyone thought he was, so when he was fully released and everyone could get him, the forums threw a S#&$fit.

Yall sounds like a bunch of kids with your "exclusive" stuff... It's a co-op game ffs, why would you not want your fellow players to have acess to the same equipments you do? Are you really that special just because you had the time/money when some event happened a year ago?

Just please, when you lose your exclusivity and leave all mad and crying, don't take the ball with ya, so the others can play... ;)

Epeen. People want to feel more special than others and founder + Vandal gear is a way for that. It's nothing but Epeen. 

Dude. People threatened to sue Bioware because the ending of ME3 wasn't to their liking. People sued Sega over Aliens colonial marines because the game was a piece of crap.

People are petty and if they think they're getting something exclusive, then it gets released, yes some people will go to court over it. Since it was marketed as exclusive, and money was put down thinking they were getting something exclusive, yes DE could be taken to court over it under the grounds of false advertising.

No it is not enough for some, and yes a lot of people are that greedy. Especially when exclusivity comes into play.

Even if they don't get sued it can seriously damage their reputation with the player base. Hell look at what happened when Frost prime came out after being marketed as exclusive. There was a thread every 5 mins about what scumbags DE were, and I would imagine they lost a lot of players after that happened, which is not a good thing.

I would love to get Excali prime and the stuff I missed, the Braton vandal most of all. But I don't want DE to get damaged by some A****** who wants to keep being a special snowflake and gets &!$$ed off when DE gives their shiny toys out for everyone to share.

But it is not a lot of people, it's some few loud A******s who think they can threaten, pester and bully to have their way.

In fact they are a bunch of spoiled kids and not worth the hassle to have as customers, wathever the amount of money, because they drive away other customers.

Look at EVE, fantastic result isn't it?.

But it's true they spent money to feel "special", so if I have an advice to DE it is to release whatever game altering stuff was branded exclusive and to replace it with exclusive skins.

This way the kiddies will have their exclusiveness and the other customers will have access to all game altering gear, which should have always been.

But it is not a lot of people, it's some few loud A******s who think they can threaten, pester and bully to have their way.

In fact they are a bunch of spoiled kids and not worth the hassle to have as customers, wathever the amount of money, because they drive away other customers.

Look at EVE, fantastic result isn't it?.

But it's true they spent money to feel "special", so if I have an advice to DE it is to release whatever game altering stuff was branded exclusive and to replace it with exclusive skins.

This way the kiddies will have their exclusiveness and the other customers will have access to all game altering gear, which should have always been.

Those loud A******s could potentially cost DE thousands of dollars and time in legal fees and court appearances, and losing a huge chunk of the player-base in the process, which would not be a good move for Warframe or for the company as a whole.

It only takes one person with a nark on to send DE a court summons. Any founder will have the ability to sue De if the founders gear is released again.

Considering it very well could be classed as false advertising, and since money was involved, yes they can threaten, pester and bully DE getting their way, at least with this matter. 

Even the skin thing is ill advised, as it could still be seen as a breach of trust/contract. The founders gear is exclusive. That's just how it is. Bringing it back can and most likely will do a lot more harm than good.

Here's a nice quote that sums up what excali prime coming out can entail

I cant understand why people cannot grasp the simplicity of the concept that DE legally can not resell, redistribute, repurpose, or remove any of the founder's exclusive items. Founder's packs can be expanded upon and updated alone, as seen in the texture alterations of Excalibur Prime and the addition of drone slots added previously. DE can not break the law. Doing so, any founder has the legal right to sue DE for going against the terms of sale, false advertisement, and loss of investment. Legal action of this type would make DE lose reputation among any potential monetary supporters, be they simple customers like us or investors looking for a partnership of some form. That could mean major repercussions financially on the company despite their new partnership.

There is no common ground for people to "find," its a flat out, black and white, clear as crystal issue that will not change.
The visuals are a part of the item, so you cant sell part of the item seperate as it still violates the sale terms. Exclusive is exclusive, in all aspects of the term.

Those loud A******s could potentially cost DE thousands of dollars and time in legal fees and court appearances. And losing a huge chunk of the player-base in the process, would not be a good move for Warframe or for the company as a whole. 

Considering it very well could be classed as false advertising, and since money was involved, yes they can threaten, pester and bully DE getting their way, at least with this matter. 

Even the skin thing is ill advised, as it could still be seen as a breach of trust/contract. The founders gear is exclusive. That's just how it is. Bringing it back can and most likely will do a lot more harm than good.

I do not think they will lose that many customers, only the petty ones; and if a big chunk of the player base is petty then WF is doomed anyway.

Or else DE could simply erase all the stats of their stuff, erase the MR gained from it and make it skins anyway without releasing it to other people.

Still exclusive, and DE only modified some items stats for...game balance...yeah, game balance, avoid powercreep and all that.

Seriously, as long as readily accessible items won't be numerous enough to get us to MR 30 (the cap) these things are going to create problems, because it has at least an impact on the game: reputation gain with the syndicates.

Here's a nice quote that sums up what excali prime coming out can entail

I cant understand why people cannot grasp the simplicity of the concept that DE legally can not resell, redistribute, repurpose, or remove any of the founder's exclusive items. Founder's packs can be expanded upon and updated alone, as seen in the texture alterations of Excalibur Prime and the addition of drone slots added previously. DE can not break the law. Doing so, any founder has the legal right to sue DE for going against the terms of sale, false advertisement, and loss of investment. Legal action of this type would make DE lose reputation among any potential monetary supporters, be they simple customers like us or investors looking for a partnership of some form. That could mean major repercussions financially on the company despite their new partnership. There is no common ground for people to "find," its a flat out, black and white, clear as crystal issue that will not change.

The visuals are a part of the item, so you cant sell part of the item seperate as it still violates the sale terms. Exclusive is exclusive, in all aspects of the term.

To sum it up, they cannot touch Excali prime. They cannot re-release it, alter it, or change what the founder bought in any way, shape or form. 

And how do you know they wont release enough stuff to get to 30? The mastery system has always been that founders get the next rank first, and a few weapons later the non founders get it. I see no reason why the would change it. 

By "people" you mean "I" ?

And what will you do, leave the game ?

You already paid for it by buying the founder package.

And if "people" are still dumb enough to believe having exclusive stuff make them special then DE can compensate re-released game altering stuff by cosmetic stuff, like a set of Founder Skins for exca/lato/skana, or something.

1) you are an imbecile. i've said constantly that i could care less about excal prime being re-released. and 2) yes there are "people" who will riot if it's ever re-released. and a founder skin would make it worse. "oh you didn't get the real thing? well now you can pretend you did!"

Edited by Llelouche