Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want The Affinity Not The Items

rechot

considering that there are literally 3 items from the founders packs that give (gave) mastery, I highly doubt it.

When you look at the second class citizens of the consoles it is vastly more then three. You are forgetting all the vandal and wraith stuff we were denied. These garbage cosmetic packs at $8 a pop don't make up the gap.

When you look at the second class citizens of the consoles it is vastly more then three. You are forgetting all the vandal and wraith stuff we were denied. These garbage cosmetic packs at $8 a pop don't make up the gap.

Difference is many of those old event rewards have been confirmed to return someday.

the only things DE has confirmed exclusive, as in, will NEVER return, are the braton and lato vandal, and excal, lato, and skana prime. all the others DE has said may come back in the future. that is a grand total of 4 weapons and 1 warframe that only certain players will ever have. 

Oh and also all the event weapons that you can't get anymore and all the ones that were removed from the game. You'er basically giving new players 2-3 mastery ranks just for making an account. 

Could always make it so that the first x amount of items that you forma (or some specific items, even) award mastery if you don't have access to certain weapons.

edit: Hell, make an Excalibur and two MK-1 weapons which have half shield and health/damage and take 5 times longer to level, which are only available to non-founders. That way the mastery rank is attainable at a much higher (time) cost, for those who want it.

Edited by Thaed

For the record. You have all of the affinity that is available. TO YOU. No different than half of the player base having 3k more Mastery for earning the Imperator Vandal versus the Lazies who didn't earn theirs. Or gotten all of the Kubrow variants. Or all of the Archwings.

Not all players have the same Mastery total. Just accept it and move on. This is such a nonissue

Edited by Kartumterek

is that extra couple of syndicate standing a day going to kill you?

Well considering he's already MR18, there IS no syndicate standing discrepancy. Having or not having a tiny bit of extra mastery on top of that doesn't change your cap to begin with. So...?

Well considering he's already MR18, there IS no syndicate standing discrepancy. Having or not having a tiny bit of extra mastery on top of that doesn't change your cap to begin with. So...?

i just want as much affinity this game has ever had to offer

For me, I really wished I had known about this game earlier on.  I missed out on the Braton and lato Vandal which I mostly wanted as a collector more than for the affinity points.  What is great about warframe though is that event items can earned without having to use money unlike most other f2p mmos out there.  DE does release enough content for everyone to rank up to where me and other exclusive members are currently at.  The only weapon that made a brief return so far was the machete. 

As the saying goes, get it while it's hot.

Mastery points are a reward for having tried different equipment and using them to their highest level.  You use teh weapon, you gain 'affinity' with it and 'master' it.  I don't see why you should gain Mastery Points for doing absolutely nothing in place of the Mastery I gained for playing a second Excalibur to rank 30.  I don't like Excalibur but I still played both regular and Prime through to rank 30 and earned the Mastery.  Many have missed the opportunity to get these items and earn mastery from them but that does not mean they should just be given the Mastery that others earned.

PS:  If you are 18 just now then the Mastery from missed items wont make a difference.  I missed Braton Vandal, Lato Vandal & Lato Prime and have not yet used Synoid Gammacor, Telos Akbolto or Vaykor Marelok.  I've missed 9,000 and can earn 9,000.  I need 23,704 to hit MR19.