Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Nominated For The Most Improved Mmo Of 2014

Shadow977

What is an MMO anymore?

But... but... it's not an MMO. :(

Well it stands for Massive Multiplayer Online. :P

Not sure about the Massive bit but I'd say Warframe ticks the other 2 boxes quite easily.

The other games on that list also tick the boxes. :P

Edited by FaerieBanshee

It's not even an mmo, lmao. It's a Multiplayer TPS, with mmo elements (region chat, hubs)... But it's not an mmo, not even if it's gonna have raids.

It'd be an mmo, if it lets ALL players on the server / region, to be able to perform PVE or PVP in the same zone at any given time (in theory at least).

Surely the game changed a lot, but improved? Imho nope.

But dude, Nullifiers! =))) So awesome.

Edited by Separius

Well it stands for Massive Multiplayer Online. :P

Not sure about the Massive bit but I'd say Warframe ticks the other 2 boxes quite easily.

The other games on that list also tick the boxes. :P

That's the concern; it doesn't tick all the boxes. Just look at how hard other games work to reiterate that they're not MMOs, but a "shared world ..blah blah blah". If you accept an award for something, you acknowledge that you're that 'thing', along with the responsibilities of being that 'thing', and open yourself up to criticisms of shortcomings of not being that 'thing'. 

Bleh I don't want to make an account to vote...

+1.I love warframe but good thing its not for tech support because I have never seen a ticket in The secret world take more than 3 to 5 minutes to get a reply back.

Edited by wth692002

Won't make an account to vote on this.

Warframe has seen much change, some for the good, some for the worse (although the latter often got reverted). However, I don't think an award for most improved MMO should exist in the first place. If it's still in Alpha or Beta, then improvements are to be expected. If it's out of beta, it should be good already (not saying a game cannot be improved out of beta, but if it is still necessary after an open beta, something went wrong)

IT is like any other game.

Nowadays any game that have massive population no matter how small the normal game is, is considered MMO. Get your facts straigth MMO=/=MMORPG you are used to.

No. Warframe is not an MMO. Adding region chat to a multiplayer game doesnt make it an MMO, by that logic Heartstone would be an MMO aswell. And just because some people included it in an MMO event doesnt make it an MMO either. Its like making an online award contest for best Jazz music of 2014 and including Katy Perry and Justin Bieber.

All it shows is that the organizers dont know what they are talking about.

No. Warframe is not an MMO. Adding region chat to a multiplayer game doesnt make it an MMO, by that logic Heartstone would be an MMO aswell. 

Also Dota2 and LoL would be an MMO too by that logic, and they clearly are just mobas. Lol, what is the guy you quoted thinking? What a doofus.

Edited by Separius