Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eyes Of Blight: Intercepted Message

Morec0

Councilor Vay Hek,

Your Fomorian assault on the Tenno has been an abject failure. you have exhausted our entire Balor fleet and yet the Tenno still raid our ships and still gather in their relays. Are you even aware of the resources you have squandered? Do you understand how much Oxium goes into a single Fomorian? We put great faith in your abilities Councilor but we now see that faith was misplaced.

Perhaps Tyl Regor will prove a more competent replacement.

We await your penance.

Your Queens.

HA HA! CALLED IT! Only SO many time Vay Hek could screw up before it came back to bite him in the &#!!

Interesting the Tyl Regor is being signaled as a replacement for him, given that so far he's been pegged as the scientist type and not a military leader - but this really just goes to show HOW revolving around the military the Grineer really are. At least at one point, EVERYONE was a soldier, and it seems the majority of them can be called upon to be that again at any time.

Hell, I almost get a "General Warfield" vibe from Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty out of this turn of events.

No doubt we'll see something from Regor by the end of the next Devstream, and I look forward to the guy's launching of his first assault against us; that is: I look forward to crushing it beneath my heel.

Oooh! Good point, actually.

Introduction of those Grineer Maniacs, perhaps?

To be honest, I thought of a good way for it to happen, but I don't want to share it because I feel like people will steal the idea. I could perhaps hit you up in a PM since I like your posts, and you do not seem like the type to steal and discredit people.

Yeah, hopefully. There were quite a few of them that I liked, honestly. 

Vay Hek pulled a Vor on the Tennos.

Never pull a Vor.

I'm turning this into a thing.

"Pulling a Vor - When ones attempt to deal with the Tenno grow to a massive scale but fail none the less, earning you the ire of the Twin Queens."

But wasn't Tyl Regor a scientist? And now he is becoming fleet commander all of a sudden. I dunno, feels like an attempt to resculpt lore to meet content development.

Well, if all Grineer are meant to serve military terms (as Lotus' comments about Kela suggest...). Either way, we've seen alterations to characters before and already had a very wide level of speculation that the Grineer were HEAVILY military, it's not a stretch to think he's capable of such a thing. And what level of "replacement" is being talked about is unclear; I think it's likely he's the one they're turning to now as a replacement for "finding a solution for the Tenno problem".

To be honest, I thought of a good way for it to happen, but I don't want to share it because I feel like people will steal the idea. I could perhaps hit you up in a PM since I like your posts, and you do not seem like the type to steal and discredit people.

Yeah, hopefully. There were quite a few of them that I liked, honestly. 

Not without permission or COPIOUS amounts of drugs beforehand. Shoot it up, I'd like to hear it.

Well, it kind of made sense given that his rework was the one to come next. As for the lore itself, I'm wondering what will happen to Vay Hek now. Vor was already a Captain in the game from the start, but will the title of Councilor change for Hek?

EDIT: Also wanted to say that it was a nice surprise to see the teaser as an intercepted message. Gotta love it.

Edited by NightmareT12

If this will be a kind of Event teaser, i hope doesn't include Archwing, no more after our last one... (no comments)

I'm pretty sure will feature the new redesigned boss but I HOPE DON'T PUT ANOTHER GRINDWALL/WAITWALL, Needing Keys to access to the new boss with coordinates with drop rates under the ground

Already saw it. I knew he'd get disowned for his failure. Time for some Regor action! New stronger units incoming, baby!

I'm actually surprised myself, afterall, Hek evidently didn't get so much as a slap on the wrist for the previous two times the Formorians got trashed. Hell, the current batch was actually the most successful of the three.

Slingstone saw the loss of every Formorian for no real gain, Tethra saw 'em wiped out before they literally got off the ground and had any chance to even try to accomplish something. The third batch did atleast manage to destroy half the relays.

Hopefully this means the stale oldness of Hek/Formorian narratives/events are finally done, never to be repeated. Hek and superships is overdone, bring on something new and different, variety, spice of life and all that. :-P

But wasn't Tyl Regor a scientist? And now he is becoming fleet commander all of a sudden. I dunno, feels like an attempt to resculpt lore to meet content development.

I'm inclined to agree, but there's nothing that says he can't be both. Hell, Hek himself kinda demonstrates the point, he was basically the Grineer's politician (Councillor) and propaganda putz that was effectively a fleet commander too.

There aren't really that many named Grineer bosses with the rank to be a replacement aside from Ruk and he already got his rework and time in the spotlight. The rest would need higher pay grades; Vor's only a Captain, Kril's even lower on the totem pole as a Lieutenant - only other one I could think of that'd be a plausible fit would be Kela simply because her position's never really stated.

Edited by Taranis49

Hopefully this means the stale oldness of Hek/Formorian narratives/events are finally done, never to be repeated. Hek and superships is overdone, bring on something new and different, variety, spice of life and all that. :-P

Yeah, next thing you know, he will resort to the Infestation out of desperation from his failures and being disowned by his Superiors. Haha.

Wait a second...

Edited by Tymerc

I'm actually surprised myself, afterall, Hek evidently didn't get so much as a slap on the wrist for the previous two times the Formorians got trashed. Hell, the current batch was actually the most successful of the three.

Slingstone saw the loss of every Formorian for no real gain, Tethra saw 'em wiped out before they literally got off the ground and had any chance to even try to accomplish something. The third batch did atleast manage to destroy half the relays.

I'm inclined to agree, but there's nothing that says he can't be both. Hell, Hek himself kinda demonstrates the point, he was basically the Grineer's politician (Councillor) and propaganda putz that was effectively a fleet commander too.

There aren't really that many named Grineer bosses with the rank to be a replacement aside from Ruk and he already got his rework and time in the spotlight. The rest would need higher pay grades; Vor's only a Captain, Kril's even lower on the totem pole as a Lieutenant - only other one I could think of that'd be a plausible fit would be Kela simply because her position's never really stated.

Well, I don't think Hek was connected to the Sling Stone Fomorians, and if you recall he DID manage to get us attacking just the Auxillary cores for a while - so I don't think that was a COMPLETE failure. Hell, I think what he was able to do to our Relays was because of his success - however minor - in the Tethra attacks.

Still, success tastes most bitter when its lost after being hard won.

Personally, I'm hoping that this is leading to some banter between him and Tyl ala what we see in the Grustrag files between him and Rukk.

And I agree; simply because of how war-mongering and militaristic the entirety of the Grineer are, if you have power you were able to hold your own in military position at some point, and that likely gives you enough experience to lead such future expeditions.

Makes one wonder exactly how much arse the Kweens had to kick to get to where they are...

Guess Vay Hek Verrick'd himself so bad the Queens Zhu li'd him hard......Welp let's how Tyl Regor fixes his upside down mask before he goes to meet them.

... Now I want Tyl Regor to be voiced by Steve Blum, and make jokes.

"So, the Queens asked me 'Regor, how will you stop the Tenno', and I looked at them, and I smiled, and I said: 'we'll hunt them down, and kill every last one of them'.

Then the Queens looked at me and asked 'how long will that take'? And I replied: 'Tyl the cows come home.'"

If this will be a kind of Event teaser, i hope doesn't include Archwing, no more after our last one... (no comments)

I'm pretty sure will feature the new redesigned boss but I HOPE DON'T PUT ANOTHER GRINDWALL/WAITWALL, Needing Keys to access to the new boss with coordinates with drop rates under the ground

Almost certain there will be a key/grind wall on Regor with a drop location on Archwing node alerts :c

What we should be worried about is when these alerts will occur...goiing to predicting every second Thursday at a random time with a thirty minute window.

Well anyway I really hope Tyl Regor's lore as a Grineer researcher isn't completely thrown out the window.

Already saw it. I knew he'd get disowned for his failure. Time for some Regor action! New stronger units incoming, baby!

When I first saw Tyl Regor as a Loki i one shot him in the face. New enemies:

Regors

Weakness: Their face has a 1 shot policy

Strength: They have helmets on that never fall of and they do 10 slash dashes a second causing your computer to crash.

Edited by ROXXXY

Well, it kind of made sense given that his rework was the one to come next. As for the lore itself, I'm wondering what will happen to Vay Hek now. Vor was already a Captain in the game from the start, but will the title of Councilor change for Hek?

EDIT: Also wanted to say that it was a nice surprise to see the teaser as an intercepted message. Gotta love it.

Hek will be me a turkey beggar.

Hek didn't have anything to do with Slingstone afaik, and the Balor Fomorians we fought did in fact come from Tethra's Doom; all that we did in destroying those power and shield cores was reduce the number of Balor Fomorians being launched from several thousand to only the handful that did eventually get launched.