Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering Must Either Go Or Be Toned Down

Vadrigos

DE should have nipped it in the bud back around U10 or 11 if they were serious about getting rid of it. 

Now, it's a "feature" and way too late to deal with. So, it's just part of the game. Yeah, it largely looks stupid, but can't argue with the mobility. It is what it is.

The only way I see now to marginalize it is through an improved parkour system--the much asked for Parkour 2.0. If innate movement options trivialized it, it would largely disappear. Heck, just the improved directional melee has made big inroads in supplanting it (although, in a sense it's the same thing; just doesn't look as asinine).

DE should have nipped it in the bud back around U10 or 11 if they were serious about getting rid of it. 

Now, it's a "feature" and way too late to deal with. So, it's just part of the game. Yeah, it largely looks stupid, but can't argue with the mobility. It is what it is.

The only way I see now to marginalize it is through an improved parkour system--the much asked for Parkour 2.0. If innate movement options trivialized it, it would largely disappear. Heck, just the improved directional melee has made big inroads in supplanting it (although, in a sense it's the same thing; just doesn't look as asinine).

I agree with this. The best thing DE can do aside from an improved parkour system is to make coptering look less stupid.

I too, despise seeing people wear socks in the summer, it's aesthetically displeasing. We should enforce rules to disallow the wearing of socks in the warmer months forever. Besides they're not a feature, just a replacement for non-hairy legs. Also, they inhibit a truer, better form of movement. In no way should people be given free choice in the matter, even when their decision to wear/not wear socks doesn't effect anybody else they don't want to be around anyways. 

Perfect analogy, I like you.

If only everyone followed your reasoning, this world (forums) would be a happier place.

I have to disagree with removing coptering.

It is quite literally the only thing that allows Frost, Frost Prime or Rhino (without arcane helmet) to be able to keep up with any other frame in the game.  Without coptering then those frames are permanently stuck behind and unable to do much of anything in the missions, outside of defense.

I'm a player who likes to use Frost in missions other than defense or mdef, and even in mdef missions I have to rush to grab the data mass so that I can actually be in the room when the rest of the team puts it in and starts the timer.

If they remove coptering they need to normalize sprint speeds so that the slower frames can actually keep up with the rest of the team and not be forced to lag behind a room or two, which in some missions mean that they don't get any kills as they are forced to trail along behind the team picking up drops as they go and be very bored with the entire thing, even when no one is using coptering in the group this happens way to much.

This is a false assumption. Frost and Rhino could be given alternative means of locomotion that thematically make sense or receive movement speed buffs and they'll no longer fall behind.

This is a false assumption. Frost and Rhino could be given alternative means of locomotion that thematically make sense or receive movement speed buffs and they'll no longer fall behind.

You expect DE to improve their speeds? :/ They are supposed to be tanks and I doubt DE will ever change this. Or are you going to have to make them waste yet another slot on a speed mod?

Coptering right now solves this issue. So it's fine.

You expect DE to improve their speeds? :/ They are supposed to be tanks and I doubt DE will ever change this. Or are you going to have to make them waste yet another slot on a speed mod?

Coptering right now solves this issue. So it's fine.

That is pretty contradictory, they are supposed to be slow, yet they can move as fast as other quick frames thanks to coptering and that's fine?

I think we need to go the other way around and actually make their slowness worth it, and make every frame move how it's supposed to be moving, instead of general super-speed of coptering which negates their slowness.

Speed them all up. Ninja training necessitates that you move quickly. This is why I call them Space Warriors - they're not ninjas yet, they still have much to learn and much more conditioning to undergo.

Because I've had just about enough of being launched across the map at random intervals with no rhyme or reason. Even this mechanic, which they've tried to use to supplant parkour, is broken beyond belief!!

It actually is controlable. :|

While we are on the topic of random launching across the maps, lets take out rolling too shall we? :D

http://youtu.be/mHT8RxHzfMA?t=3m18s

Edited by deadinflict