The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

Current WIP im doing

UIZBwwj.png

Looking at this actually made me want to do some cool color things.... I think you should decide on the Color Zones.... Personally I'm a big fan of gradients which would work well for the plant theme....

I think (as a player design not a default design) it'd be interesting to do a more brownish color scheme for kind of a more badass harsh looking character.... So more briar like instead of being lush..... Also a very vibrant and poisonous looking color scheme would be fun too.....

Oh hey, I was almost beginning to worry that this idea had died, as I hadn't seen it for a few days. Good to see it going strong.

In those recent drawings, is that an alt-helmet or is it the same helmet from a different angle?

Looking at this actually made me want to do some cool color things.... I think you should decide on the Color Zones.... Personally I'm a big fan of gradients which would work well for the plant theme....

I think (as a player design not a default design) it'd be interesting to do a more brownish color scheme for kind of a more badass harsh looking character.... So more briar like instead of being lush..... Also a very vibrant and poisonous looking color scheme would be fun too.....

All right, this gave me an idea. A very interesting one that has never happened before.

What if A, B, and C had different defaults? Wood brown, leaf green, vibrant multicolor. Give people three new looks without having to lift a finger to color, right?

That, or she could shift between at least two forms based on abilities like Equinox, but I haven't reviewed her latest kit and don't know if it would work.

All right, this gave me an idea. A very interesting one that has never happened before.

What if A, B, and C had different defaults? Wood brown, leaf green, vibrant multicolor. Give people three new looks without having to lift a finger to color, right?

That, or she could shift between at least two forms based on abilities like Equinox, but I haven't reviewed her latest kit and don't know if it would work.

I actually really like that having 3 defaults idea! Many of the existing frames could seriously benefit from that!

While I'm in love with Equinox's shifting idea, that wouldn't really fit the theme of this Frame..... The only way I could possibly think to represent that is a day bloom/night bloom theme which would require a complete redesign and would be far too similar to Equinox thematically....

I actually really like that having 3 defaults idea! Many of the existing frames could seriously benefit from that!

While I'm in love with Equinox's shifting idea, that wouldn't really fit the theme of this Frame..... The only way I could possibly think to represent that is a day bloom/night bloom theme which would require a complete redesign and would be far too similar to Equinox thematically....

Oh, no, for the other idea, I meant things like the self-effects of Lignify, Wilt, and Synthesis changing her appearance. So on a self-Lignify her base colors/textures would morph into a brown, woody form instead of an Iron Skin-like coating, for instance. But on second thought, we simply don't have enough color swatches, since forms aren't colored separately - let's just go with having three defaults. The more colors, the better - bling is life in Warframe!

Edited by FelisImpurrator

Oh hey, I was almost beginning to worry that this idea had died, as I hadn't seen it for a few days. Good to see it going strong.

In those recent drawings, is that an alt-helmet or is it the same helmet from a different angle?

Its the daphne helmet! It opens up in the light and closes in the dark.

Oh, no, for the other idea, I meant things like the self-effects of Lignify, Wilt, and Synthesis changing her appearance. So on a self-Lignify her base colors/textures would morph into a brown, woody form instead of an Iron Skin-like coating, for instance. But on second thought, we simply don't have enough color swatches, since forms aren't colored separately - let's just go with having three defaults. The more colors, the better - bling is life in Warframe!

Hm, i hadnt considered making her skills ad visual changes. Perhaps wilt could make her colors desaturate over its duration and lignify could make some flowers or something grow on her. Maybe synthesis could over saturate her.

This frame has a good concept. The weapon ideas at really great to be added. They could add her around spring as a spring pack. Because the life of plants start in spring.

that would be festive :D better come with a spring color pack too!

Its the daphne helmet! It opens up in the light and closes in the dark.

So on Earth during the day, Jupiter, Corpus Outposts, and Europa it is opened, but on Uranus, Grineer Ships, Corpus Ships, Grineer Asteroid bases, Ceres, and Earth at night it's shut? That's a pretty interesting effect, but it sounds more like an effect a syandana might have, not a helmet. Just my thinking though, as alt helmets don't seem to have any different effects from eachother.

Still, very cool idea.

Edited by Krion112

So on Earth during the day, Jupiter, Corpus Outposts, and Europa it is opened, but on Uranus, Grineer Ships, Corpus Ships, Grineer Asteroid bases, Ceres, and Earth at night it's shut? That's a pretty interesting effect, but it sounds more like an effect a syandana might have, not a helmet. Just my thinking though, as alt helmets don't seem to have any different effects from eachother.

Still, very cool idea.

That's exactly why helmets should have fancier effects.

Also, it would probably be more like Mirage's Eclipse, opening and closing based on light fixtures in the environment.

-snip-

Depending on light fixtures would also be interesting.

I'm not against it being apart of the helmet, in-fact if helmets had more noticeable effects I think I'd be able to see the customizations other Tenno went through the trouble for.

Although, with that in mind, I thought it'd be cool for there to be a fern-shaped syandana, with several metallic 'leaves' that are placed along it that curl up in the dark and spread out in the light. Would fittingly go along with this plant 'frame.

Depending on light fixtures would also be interesting.

I'm not against it being apart of the helmet, in-fact if helmets had more noticeable effects I think I'd be able to see the customizations other Tenno went through the trouble for.

Although, with that in mind, I thought it'd be cool for there to be a fern-shaped syandana, with several metallic 'leaves' that are placed along it that curl up in the dark and spread out in the light. Would fittingly go along with this plant 'frame.

it is intended to work more like mirages eclipse. in brighter light it opens, in darkness it closes. you will be able to see it actively changing!

the syandana idea would be cool too! it would go perfectly with the daphne helmet! Imagine the bundle and having your accessory gear change constantly! it would look so cool!

Really hoping I have Inspired DE to make a plant frame at some point.

I already inspired them with brambles :P (or at least i like to think so)

What about Gaia as a name, considering that many names are based on greek and norse gods, Gaia would fit right in

Well i'd say that's already a node, but so is oberon and nyx :P anyways, it's a good name, and i'll add it. usually people think earth/rock frame with that name though :/

Some colors for your considerations everybody.

HJoOXNF.jpg

Some relevant music to flora! https://youtu.be/PGqmvWNmCss

Edited by MrPigman

Well i'd say that's already a node, but so is oberon and nyx :P anyways, it's a good name, and i'll add it. usually people think earth/rock frame with that name though :/

Some colors for your considerations everybody.

HJoOXNF.jpg

Some relevant music to flora! https://youtu.be/PGqmvWNmCss

Love love love!!!! You fleshed out the 5 color zones extremely well and beautifully! If this doesn't become an actual thing I will be extremely sad

Edit: looking carefully I see that the color zones for the Pink Lotus and Dark color schemes are slightly different than the other 3.... And honestly I'm not sure which of those color zones I like better....

Edited by (PS4)MoonDemonAngel

for her 4 maybe make the damage reduction the same as the damage increase and take away the ammo increase cause that doesn't make any sense, but other then that this frame looks really fun and it has a support aspect to it other then heals.

wow i feel astonished , i like this design for a plant warframe , but eden to me seems like a better name for a plant warframe. reason why i say that is because of my post 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/500361-quest-idea-beta-story-in-works-advocate-of-the-queens-quest-concept-level-designboss-designscript-in-works/#entry5599817

If you want to work together or join both projects i wouldnt disagree . trust me your design is way better then mine. love it. honestly i do.

just wondering is it possibly to make it look a bit thorny? i think to add to the "come near me and ill kill you" tenno factor we all come to love. also the sort of yukata look it gives at the back sort of middle can you make that petal piece more longer ? it would look good if you did . but still i love this design!