Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

I voted with hell no. I think it would destroy this great Design.

i see you and a lot of other people believe so.

So awhile ago when talking about the Mios and Typhus, DE said they had four frames that they were working on.  Since Wukong is being made by the Chinese team, we know the theme of two of them: Atlus, and an unnamed archer warframe.  There's a chance this's being worked on, but they don't have it ready to showcase.

there's a chance but it's slim. but i retain my optimism and hope for the best

I had some thoughts about a plant warframe aswell and I have here some ideas that you could consider maybe. Feel free to take any ideas from it!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/550580-warframe-concept-plant-warframe/

I'll check it out! also, if you wouldn't mind could i link it in Flora's OP?

• 2 weeks later...

hmm dunno I like the new design but i like Version 5 because of how it's less smooth than the new (so yeah in my tastes i don't prefer the warframes to be smooth)

also I never wanted DE to go shopping for clothes for the tenno. I always liked partial clothing mostly exo-armor Warframes like the old ones

but that's my opinion

And DE'd probably change those ability icons to something more wild

Edited by Hunter126

The new design is almost as good as version 5:

yzvVgVi.jpg

Together, they're my favorite non-prime versions.

Passive seems decent, but 20 while standing still...not sure if that would be too much or not.

well v5 was the community crafted version :)

the passive i felt was balanced by the fact that you dont have many opportunities to safely stand still. while you might be able to regen through the damage at low levels, it will only be a convenience in later levels.

hmm dunno I like the new design but i like Version 5 because of how it's less smooth than the new (so yeah in my tastes i don't prefer the warframes to be smooth)

also I never wanted DE to go shopping for clothes for the tenno. I always liked partial clothing mostly exo-armor Warframes like the old ones

but that's my opinion

And DE'd probably change those ability icons to something more wild

i did go for a more clothlike appearance in this one, it looked more sleek to me which i liked.

i thought they were a bit wild already XD

Good design as allways!

thank you very much Arch!

I wasn't aware, MrPigman. Good to know, but I still rather like the new design.

How do you feel about the new Saryn skin? It's a little overpoweringly flower-dressy for me.

feels a bit like a middle finger to me from DE XD it does however seem a little flora inspired maybe? i like it, though. it's good for an alt skin since it's not really all that warframe looking.

feels a bit like a middle finger to me from DE XD it does however seem a little flora inspired maybe? i like it, though. it's good for an alt skin since it's not really all that warframe looking.

I think it looks weird. That got nothing on your design for Flora.

Not a thing.

I don't think so. Flora's design is more integrated into her warframe...and Saryn's Orphid looks more like she put on a flower dress. Like something she'd put on to go to Something Very Important. Now all Excalibur needs is a three-piece suit.

Sorry you feel that way about Flora. I can imagine how it must suck. I still hope there's a chance she can be created as a dedicated plant 'frame.

Edited by Rhekemi

I don't think so. Flora's design is more integrated into her warframe...and Saryn's Orphid looks more like she put on a flower dress. Like something she'd put on to go to Something Very Important. Now all Excalibur needs is a three-piece suit.

Sorry you feel that way about Flora. I can imagine how it must suck. I still hope there's a chance she can be created as a dedicated plant 'frame.

well, hopefully one day DE realizes the potential of a plant frame and will come here for inspiration. as of right now there have been no signs of flora making it which saddens me a bit, but what can you do. even with all the popularity flora has received, i'm still unsure if DE has taken notice to it at all. or if plants are something DE is just really against.

though, somewhat of a reliever is that maybe they have looked here, since frosts bubble now works how brambles was intended to work, and now it seems nezha will yet again steal flora's two with his ring toss teleport. almost exact same mechanic as wilt. so another 2 may be in order.

Amazing Concept, The amount of versions just blows my mind, Personally my favorite will always be Version 3. (simple and smooth but still with some spikey look on it wich makes it a bit more interesting) Further more amazing concept and abilities. Hope to see this in warframe 1 day.

Edited by Scharkie1333

• 2 weeks later...

Can I recommend buffing Wilt's armor steal to 10%? I think this change would make her much more scaleable.

hmm, after some math i see that the armor scale is a bit weak, however keep in mind that it steals armor, health, and shield. all at the same rate.

hitting a single level 35 elite lancer with wilt (at max power strength) would grant 58 armor, 238 health and 0 shield. just one...

now you hit a line of 5 of them and that's 1193 health and 290 armor. the skill is strong but only if used correctly. if you feel that these numbers are still insignificant perhaps a change can be made. but as of right now i personally feel like anything more would be very strong.

hmm, after some math i see that the armor scale is a bit weak, however keep in mind that it steals armor, health, and shield. all at the same rate.

hitting a single level 35 elite lancer with wilt (at max power strength) would grant 58 armor, 238 health and 0 shield. just one...

now you hit a line of 5 of them and that's 1193 health and 290 armor. the skill is strong but only if used correctly. if you feel that these numbers are still insignificant perhaps a change can be made. but as of right now i personally feel like anything more would be very strong.

I think given the duration it wouldn't be too powerful, but I dunno. Perhaps you could somehow refresh the duration by casting again so that you don't lose the armor unless you can't cast it in time or choose not to? I dunno.