Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

then we need corrupted darkness theme as well

see everyone disagrees on changing the theme, keep casting your magic on the nature theme

Isin't Nekros was somekind darkness theme warframe? If we consider his skills as darkness.

Isin't Nekros was somekind darkness theme warframe? If we consider his skills as darkness.

different types of darkness, i specifically said corrupt by that i mean the dark side of everything. This includes: nightmares, shadows, fear, yandere (or not), true darkness

Edited by Hunter126

different types of darkness, i specifically said corrupt by that i mean the dark side of everything. This includes: nightmares, shadows, fear, yandere (or not), true darkness

Maybe... Warlock like Warframe, which is specilized on summoning allies and fearing enemies?

Oh wait.... Nekros got at least somekind of fear.

It seems it's a resounding no for the Fungal theme change. some good points are raised.

but the Orchid Saryn is still a thing.

Pessimistic View: DE does not want to do a plant frame and thinks that the orchid frame is as plant as they will get.

Optimistic View: DE is preparing to release Orchid Saryn with Flora for the ultimate plant update.

Only time will tell if flora gets added or not. Fingers crossed that DE has been inspired by Flora or one of the various other plant frames floating about.

Maybe... Warlock like Warframe, which is specilized on summoning allies and fearing enemies?

Oh wait.... Nekros got at least somekind of fear.

yeah Terrify but i mean a more intimidating one, a haunting one, one where they can't even move, just more fear than running away, i want them to make it feel like they're trapped and a summoner is what we need but I don't want it to go with the haunting theme just like how Atlas was said to be a brawler but instead uses more Earth than brawling

It seems it's a resounding no for the Fungal theme change. some good points are raised.

but the Orchid Saryn is still a thing.

Pessimistic View: DE does not want to do a plant frame and thinks that the orchid frame is as plant as they will get.

Optimistic View: DE is preparing to release Orchid Saryn with Flora for the ultimate plant update.

Only time will tell if flora gets added or not. Fingers crossed that DE has been inspired by Flora or one of the various other plant frames floating about.

yeah this has so much potential, i don't DE to stop just because of Saryn

The design is ridiculously close to valkyr, I highly recommend changing it to something that looks different.

The powers, stats, the type of frame she is perfect.

Highly Similar to Chroma's type.

Please change the design though.....it's copies Gemini skin too well.

some of the ideas are a bit too op...hopefully this synergies well with stealth.

While I would love a fungal frame (I've always had a slight fascination for fungi even though I hate their taste) I do not believe that Saryn and Oberon are enough reason to not have a plant frame

i see

The design is ridiculously close to valkyr, I highly recommend changing it to something that looks different.

some of the ideas are a bit too op...hopefully this synergies well with stealth.

the new design or the old one?

i don't think many of the abilities we have now synergize with stealth lol

Looks like Igaro might have been based on Phyto.  Grats!

edit: one of the new syandanas. and it does look a little bit alike now that you mention it!

Edited by MrPigman

I don't know which design you are talking about either: new or old design?

And keep in mind, art was already in progress and/or completed before the Gersemi skin was even released, perhaps concept'ed. I don't think the design really invokes any design detail which would make one think immediately of Valkyr, or Flora vice versa.

And lastly, I have no idea why a Plant Frame would synergise with stealth at all xD

Agreed. I think there's no way DE ignores Flora, MrPigman.

I'm still not conviniced that Saryn's Orchid skin is any kind of an obstacle. Yes, she has a few names of flowers for her helmet and skin designs. No, that does not make her a plant 'frame.

Here's another way to look at the issue.

What is Excalibur's theme? Well, besides being the closest spiritual/physical descendant of the original Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector, he's the poster-boy, plasma-melee space-ninja, basically. But design theme (especially his names) all come from Arthurian legend. King Arthur mythology.

So, does that mean Excalibur is the only 'frame allowed to use the influences of medieval times, knights and kings, and British empire themes?

I think it would be fair to say he's the only 'frame that will have direct influences from Arthurian legend, but that other 'frames can have influences of knights, royalty, medieval times, and various empires--including British one.

Excalibur has those influences in his design and as names of his alternate equipment, but that doesn't mean he now prevents any other 'frame from having similar influences. He doesn't hold dominion over all those themes.

In the same way, Saryn has influences from some plants/flowers, but that doesn't mean other 'frames (or even The Lotus) cannot be influenced or named after different flowers. 

Certainly we can have a dedicated plant 'frame in that light.

So awhile ago when talking about the Mios and Typhus, DE said they had four frames that they were working on.  Since Wukong is being made by the Chinese team, we know the theme of two of them: Atlus, and an unnamed archer warframe.  There's a chance this's being worked on, but they don't have it ready to showcase.

• 2 weeks later...