Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

oh well now I'm jealous. ik I can't make a 3d model but my shoddy fan art is still good right? lol

thats just awesome, all around awesome design pigman

I actually wasn't a huge fan of typhus personally, I mean if it was in game then I might enjoy it sure but thats true of most concepts. Flora is the only concept I've followed closely to be honest. she has my support all the way, whatever that's good for.

Sorry for the huge post full of quotes it's just that I have been playing too much warframe to get on the site lately the

really got me back into it as well as the sorties.

Your art is always appreciated and welcomed!

thank you :)

i was hoping for carnivorous plant D: 

hah well it's still in sketch state :P

How am i discovering this only now? She's so adorable and tiny *.* and her abilities are very interesting. Ok...now i really want this frame.

Edit:

So, what's the "official" design? I've noticed that there are different versions (i personally like ver.3)

Edited by DrNever

So I have to say I love this concept. But I do have some simple questions. The major one is What type of Polarities would she have? Another thing is, her passive can become really broken really fast. If she has Rejuvenation on top of her passive that would be 8-18 moving and 23-32 holding still (Depending how many squad-mates have it). This also doesn't include her 3rd ability or other healing powers such as blessing.

(Sorry If this has been discussed already I haven't read the whole thread yet.)

So I have to say I love this concept. But I do have some simple questions. The major one is What type of Polarities would she have?

-snip-

Flora has a 20px-D.png Aura Polarity, and additional 20px-D.png  and 20px-Bar.png Polarities :P

Edited by Pyro15232

So I have to say I love this concept. But I do have some simple questions. The major one is What type of Polarities would she have? Another thing is, her passive can become really broken really fast. If she has Rejuvenation on top of her passive that would be 8-18 moving and 23-32 holding still (Depending how many squad-mates have it). This also doesn't include her 3rd ability or other healing powers such as blessing.

but would your whole team be willing to give up their other auras? would you sacrifice Energy Siphon or corrosive projection just so your flora can regen a lot of hp? The idea was so it would be used with rejuvination (which is why she has a D polarity and not a -.) I wanted her to be able to regen a great deal of HP on her own, making her tanky in her own right, however the standing still bonus was so large because you rarely stand still while playing. and if you do, youre prolly gonna get hit hard.

if this still seems unjust perhaps changes can be made :)

Flora has a 20px-D.png Aura Polarity, and additional 20px-D.png  and 20px-Bar.png Polarities :P

How am i discovering this only now? She's so adorable and tiny *.* and her abilities are very interesting. Ok...now i really want this frame.

Edit:

So, what's the "official" design? I've noticed that there are different versions (i personally like ver.3)

Idk why you havent seen it yet :P she's been here for almost a year and has stayed somewhat relevant.

right now i'm undecided on the official design, i personally like the new one the best, but the community likes v3 the best. 

but would your whole team be willing to give up their other auras? would you sacrifice Energy Siphon or corrosive projection just so your flora can regen a lot of hp? The idea was so it would be used with rejuvination (which is why she has a D polarity and not a -.) I wanted her to be able to regen a great deal of HP on her own, making her tanky in her own right, however the standing still bonus was so large because you rarely stand still while playing. and if you do, youre prolly gonna get hit hard.

if this still seems unjust perhaps changes can be made :)

But let's count hers and a frost's rejuventation. Still with just those two she is still getting way to much health per second. (Which would be really common with her) That would make her healing factor 11 per sec while moving and 26 while holding still (Which you can do without any negative drawbacks in a frost globe). Again this is excluding her 3rd ability or other powers such as blessing. Not only do you have to consider other players but things such as allied ancient healer (Either a spectre or mind controlled one via nyx).

I mean at this moment I would have her with Rejuvenation, Quick thinking, and Rage making an self sufficient frame. And the fact that she can give herself free ammo (Don't get me wrong I love her final power) and be almost unkillable means she could solo easily.

Let's take Shadow Stalker as a random example. With 4 instances rejuvenation (Aka 12 health per second) Stalker can't out damage the heal the frame is receiving. Now when you take into consideration that holding still her passive heal is higher than that (Without mods) it seems really OP. Now you add the simple build I said earlier, since Stalker can't dispel Passives nor mod powers, you solo the "hardest boss" in the game.

i like how she requires the extracts to build, it promotes the use of them, other than that the complete idea is amazing all that needs to happen is for her to get released!

Im glad you think so! fingers crossed this is the year we will see flora in game!

Great bday image! And yeah, that year flew by.

Thanks and indeed!

Been over a year, still one of the best designs on the site, I have faith it'll be added at some point.

thank you very much! i still have faith.

Happy birthday to Flora! can't believe the concept is a year old already!

HlBiHyK.jpg

happy birthday! Edited by (PS4)A12312371

Speaking abou the idle, what about this: energy sparks come from her closed hand, she opens it and a flower-like thing blooms out of her palm, she gently toss the flower in the air and it floats for a brief moment before fading and disappearing...or maybe a symilar thing but with spores or pollen (like a dandelion) instead of the flower. I know, i'm not very original.

Edited by DrNever

In spoiler: Complaints that to adjust her play-style effectiveness.

She needs more adjustments to her abilties.

I think her final needs to be a toggle.(Not many weapons need infinite ammo. they usually never run out so what's the point?unless...GORGON.)

to me, I think she needs skirt...or it's the trinity prime syndrome.

I think her frame would be a nice addition, if not a little better than oberon.

I don't hate her and I don't mind her either.

I'm not too sure what to say of the addition of this frame her abilties needs buffs to stay with the other frames.

Wood or Petrify for example

Hallowed ground, Warcry or the second ability in white for some reason?

What can I say, I don't want to copy off saryn...by spores soo why not seeds instead...wait...that's like leech see....nvm?

How about changing the passive to something a little less overpowered?...it's kinda....there.

Hmmm....what can I say about this....

9.7/10

-not enough dangley bits.

-Missing skirt.....

-Like last time valkyr...similarity

In the end I don't hate this frame, it's a nice frame...however don't expect me to use her as often as trinity, here's why:

Trinity provides a energy restore and a health restore, and shield buff.

Flora provides a ammo restore, a health(Over time) restore, armor buff and speed buff.

So in the end discussing those two things, what would you choose?

Regardless of those two things lets discuss how they are applied.

Flora provides them likewise a manner that requires flora to forcefully, do matters by her own hand with as much similarity given due to oberon.

Trinity has everything as a instant requiring the players to listen to her.

So in the end discussing those 4 things what would you choose?

In the end it's about preference. not mainly about how you choose their things by their type.

This frame provides a completely different playstyle for support.

In the end I like the way you have deployed the information and how each ability provides significant advantages if used with skill.

It's not as tactical as banshee

Not as simple as trinity

Not as CC as Equinox.

So what can I say? you did a great job.

Now give her a skirt...or more dangly bits.

Even though some of her body look like muscle...if you look closely you will see on the red portion of the leg it largely represents something similar to muscle, never the less, I'm not sure if I may be mistaking it. PM me on the forums, if I am wrong..