Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

1 hour ago, (PS4)KingKhrystopher said:

Ember Prime too.

Yeah. Before DE began the whole Umbra-thing, I had a theory that the dark primes were the more agressive and Offensive in the war, and the white's were defensive/main body of the Tenno.

Now I don't know if DE even HAVE a written reason for the colors. I am guessig they do.

since shes a plant type warframe. I was expecting her to have a grappling vines but instead she has 2 support buffs? Lignify and synthesi, considering both doesnt have a cooldown. But this is a very good concept u got my like, this should be ingame. I wish I can draw like you  ^_^

Edited by dyslexic2

• 3 weeks later...

I like the character design but the name seems too on the nose for me why not name her Gaia after Greek mythology Gaia Mother Earth and I think a cool ability would be Nature's Grace which applies a wood armor to teammates in your AoE kinda like rhino's iron skin but not as strong so it's not op and maybe ability where she slams her hands into the ground which makes roots shoot out of the ground that grabs enemies in your AoE and the roots squeeze the enemies that it has grab dealing DMG you can call it Rooting Torment but this ability would be her 4th and the other ability Nature's Grace would be a 3rd or 2nd

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2016 at 7:36 AM, INFERNOpineapple said:

Wow, this is just amazing! :O 

The amount of effort and detail that has gone into this project alone makes me want to see it in game xD

But besides that it would be EPIC to me i we started seeing whole Warframes based from people's ideas

Actually, there is already some of it. Zephyr and Nova were originally designed by players. This is why people create some new frames, because there's a chance for it to be inclued in the game. ^^

On 8/5/2016 at 7:25 AM, (PS4)Kirito_Letus said:

I like the character design but the name seems too on the nose for me why not name her Gaia after Greek mythology Gaia Mother Earth and I think a cool ability would be Nature's Grace which applies a wood armor to teammates in your AoE kinda like rhino's iron skin but not as strong so it's not op and maybe ability where she slams her hands into the ground which makes roots shoot out of the ground that grabs enemies in your AoE and the roots squeeze the enemies that it has grab dealing DMG you can call it Rooting Torment but this ability would be her 4th and the other ability Nature's Grace would be a 3rd or 2nd

Not really much more than Ember or Rhino, their names are pretty on the nose too... ^^"

Anyway, can't way to see the new art ! If Flora ever get in, she'll probably become my new favorite frame :D

• 2 weeks later...

Still in love with this concept. One thing I must say however, I don't feel that any Frame should have the symbol of the Lotus incorporated, simply out of the fact that 

Natah had not become the Lotus when they were created

:clap:Man that is one goodlooking piece of art. Nice corpus-setting I like how it clashes with Floras colors.

Here I have been sitting thinking how Flora would look in motion, and you just showed me :)

This design is slightly newish? Have you settled on this as the defult one?  Because I am still slowly getting my hands to model her. That sounded dirtier than I intended,  but hey she is a plant ;)

This is the best and most detailed fanmade warframe. No wonder you have been busy.

12 hours ago, Akiryx said:

Still in love with this concept. One thing I must say however, I don't feel that any Frame should have the symbol of the Lotus incorporated, simply out of the fact that 

Hide contents

Natah had not become the Lotus when they were created

i dont see why that would stop a frame from having a lotus patter. after all it could either be coincidental or lotus took that name to fit more with the tenno? who knows!

11 hours ago, arch111 said:

:clap:Man that is one goodlooking piece of art. Nice corpus-setting I like how it clashes with Floras colors.

Here I have been sitting thinking how Flora would look in motion, and you just showed me :)

This design is slightly newish? Have you settled on this as the defult one?  Because I am still slowly getting my hands to model her. That sounded dirtier than I intended,  but hey she is a plant ;)

This is the best and most detailed fanmade warframe. No wonder you have been busy.

thank you. i have a final design to be released and yea that is what it will look like. hoping to get both the final design and prime out soon

3 hours ago, MrPigman said:

i dont see why that would stop a frame from having a lotus patter. after all it could either be coincidental or lotus took that name to fit more with the tenno? who knows!

thank you. i have a final design to be released and yea that is what it will look like. hoping to get both the final design and prime out soon

That's good to know. You have been at it for a while now.

How would you feel if Scott announced that a nature/flower-frame is planned and credited Flora as a big source? Happy to see it become a thing, or do you still want to develop Flora further? 

5 hours ago, arch111 said:

That's good to know. You have been at it for a while now.

How would you feel if Scott announced that a nature/flower-frame is planned and credited Flora as a big source? Happy to see it become a thing, or do you still want to develop Flora further? 

If that was announced i would be way overjoyed! If it were to be announced i would prolly leave her as is (depending on the planned release) after all shes been in the works for a long time and i think shes near complete. Of course i love developing her but if DE has already decided to do something and has their minds set the not much i could or would need to do then.

On 5/31/2016 at 3:36 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

to fix spoilers copy everything in them and then delete, create new spoiler and paste in 

thats how i fixed my umbra thread when issue happened to me

you can also contact Drew or another DE staff for assistance 

yeah, i prolly just need to overhaul the thing entirely though :/

On 6/1/2016 at 10:28 AM, Sziklamester said:

I just want you guys keep working on this fantastic frame. I would like to see in game soon and directly this one concept.

I don't know how much there is to work on. personally i like her abilities as is and nobody has really given any suggestions or anything in a while :P 

also, you and me both, friend... you and me both

10 hours ago, BeefKrieger320 said:

Wow. so many information about her and so much work you put in her. DE PLEASE ADD THIS THX :D

TzVjIXv2.jpeg wow!

thanks for your support!

on another note. I have recently found out something odd about how DE does skill leveling and the effects of powers mods.

apparently they all just modify the level 0 attributes and are simply additive to the level scaling. for example: say a skill has a base damage of 100, say it levels to level one, the skill gains 30% per level, making it deal 130 damage now instead. now if we add 50% power strength it will now be 180. this is because it simply adds to the 30% modifying the base 100. if it were to modify the amount after level percents are applied then it would equate to 195. point being, since i have now realized this, some of floras skills may actually be incredibly weak since they will not scale with mods very well. this means some of my skills are getting around 400% at level 3... which is far more than you can get from mods. this means mods wont do anything for half of her skills. so in the future i plan to fix that to make the skill scale much better!

I also ask that any future critiques of Flora and any other frame on the forums should take this into account. always calculate from level 0 stats and numbers. apparently DE likes being silly with this stuff :P