Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

I have some concept art brewing, i might try to do multiple different ones before i release it for your viewing. 

As for the ideas for her ability reworks:

-1: I'm thinking lignify will become a hard CC ability with a slight change in function.

LIGNIFY: Flora turns a target into a tree. this lignified enemy will grant allies 1 stack of "Wood Armor" per second, Wood Armor blocks 1 entire source of damage. Additionally, enemies near the target will take more damage and a portion of the damage they take will be dealt to the lignified target.

-2: I want this ability to become a buff that changes depending on your actions. For example, bullet jumping leaves a small flower at the starting point that allies can walk over and pick up granting them Health and shield, and potential overshield. Shooting will leave flowers a bit behind you that allies can pick up to be granted bonus damage (this will have some sort of cooldown and power differential depending on the weapon you are using. Sprinting will leave a trail of petals that allies can go through to get a speed buff. That sort of thing. If you have any ideas for this, please do speak up!

-3: This skill will change almost entirely.

SYNTHESIS: Flora grows a garden around her, the garden will share any buffs anyone in the garden has and even multiply their strength if multiple people have that buff. Additionally, Any of Flora's Active Abilities in the Range will have their timers frozen, meaning they wont die off until she leaves.

-4: This skill will become more modular and unique. Thank you NDGR for the idea for this.

UNAMED 4: Flora begins growing a powerful flora, this flower's ability changes depending on her choices of making the flower. While casting this skill Flora becomes immobile and reduces incoming damage by 90%. She has 5 seconds to make all of her decision. While casting flora may press W, A, S, and D to grant different bonuses to the flower. Each direction will grant different types of buffs. Up will grant damage, Down defense, Left Mobility, Right ????. Flora has no limit on how many can be used in each flower, but there is a particular cyclke system in the ability. 1st press: minimal power, 2nd: normal power, 3rd press: High Power, 4th press: a unique buff. Flora may not press the same key twice in a row, but may alternate between keys for buffs. This means your key presses may be wawawawa, but may not be wwwwwww. you may press as many keys as you can fit into the cast time. Natural talent has inverse effects on this power.

@MrPigman

Wow, really nice ideas on her rework :)

I just got a few questions (and a suggestion just in case I got your idea correctly ^^").

How can we imagine does the "Wood armor" granted by Lignify work? Will the armor be applied in a certain area around the target? If Lignify is her only cc, and it's supposed to be hard cc, why not make it like Titania's 1st or maybe a cone, not just limited to a single target per cast. Or if you wish to stick to the single target idea and therefore more functionality maybe instead of the enemies near a lignified target taking more dmg have them slowed? Just something that prevents you from getting overrun ^^

Nothing to complain about the 2nd, the weapon empower shifted from the 4th to this, and such the somewhat aggressive part of her to a faster and more mobile ability is perfect :) yet I think you should not overload her kit, 2 different choices here is enough imo.

Nice idea as well, together with her 1 and 4 (if I got the 4th ability correctly, I'll come to that in a sec) she could actually create the garden Eden, a (somewhat) safe resort during the battle. Yet I'd be careful about that buff sharing and amplifying thing. If it works for all buffs, well it goes to far, just think about rhino's roar. Even if it's just her own, if you consider wood armor as a buff, it practically creates a zone of invulnerability, as if you have 4 allies in that zone around a single lignified enemy, wouldn't that mean every second 4 stacks, or even more as they get amplified? And we're talking about 1 lignified enemy, leave alone 2 or 3...

Now to her 4th. Please correct me if I'm wrong but it's basically an aoe team buff where the player gets to decide what the ability buffs how much, right? If so each button increases some sort of multiplier (at least that's how I imagine it to work), then why not have right increase it's range? This way the player could decide, a small field for defending a key area. No buffs towards range but more on dmg and survivability. Or go on the offensive, don't focus on Def and dmg, but on the speed buff speed and range of the aoe. In addition, as you said you could enter as much buttons as you want, you can't finish the cast early by finishing a combo before the time runs out. So it's forcing her to be more stationary. Even if that is not a problem for a player, one problem yet remains....

As you got no limit on the amount of buttons pressed there is no cap on how strong the buffs can get. The rewarding part is, be fast, get even stronger. The cheesy part is, I for example got a gamer keyboard, I got programmable hockeys. I can hold down one button and it enters "w a s d" for example at a pace of about 40 buttons a second....there needs to be a cap how many buttons you can enter....and a cap that you can easily follow while button smashing to compose exactly what you want. 10 times for example, but even 4 seconds of a loooooong time for that....

Aaanyways, I like where this is going, keep up the good work mate :)

Edited by NDGR

11 hours ago, NDGR said:

@MrPigman

Wow, really nice ideas on her rework :)

I just got a few questions (and a suggestion just in case I got your idea correctly ^^").

How can we imagine does the "Wood armor" granted by Lignify work? Will the armor be applied in a certain area around the target? If Lignify is her only cc, and it's supposed to be hard cc, why not make it like Titania's 1st or maybe a cone, not just limited to a single target per cast. Or if you wish to stick to the single target idea and therefore more functionality maybe instead of the enemies near a lignified target taking more dmg have them slowed? Just something that prevents you from getting overrun ^^

Nothing to complain about the 2nd, the weapon empower shifted from the 4th to this, and such the somewhat aggressive part of her to a faster and more mobile ability is perfect :) yet I think you should not overload her kit, 2 different choices here is enough imo.

Nice idea as well, together with her 1 and 4 (if I got the 4th ability correctly, I'll come to that in a sec) she could actually create the garden Eden, a (somewhat) safe resort during the battle. Yet I'd be careful about that buff sharing and amplifying thing. If it works for all buffs, well it goes to far, just think about rhino's roar. Even if it's just her own, if you consider wood armor as a buff, it practically creates a zone of invulnerability, as if you have 4 allies in that zone around a single lignified enemy, wouldn't that mean every second 4 stacks, or even more as they get amplified? And we're talking about 1 lignified enemy, leave alone 2 or 3...

Now to her 4th. Please correct me if I'm wrong but it's basically an aoe team buff where the player gets to decide what the ability buffs how much, right? If so each button increases some sort of multiplier (at least that's how I imagine it to work), then why not have right increase it's range? This way the player could decide, a small field for defending a key area. No buffs towards range but more on dmg and survivability. Or go on the offensive, don't focus on Def and dmg, but on the speed buff speed and range of the aoe. In addition, as you said you could enter as much buttons as you want, you can't finish the cast early by finishing a combo before the time runs out. So it's forcing her to be more stationary. Even if that is not a problem for a player, one problem yet remains....

As you got no limit on the amount of buttons pressed there is no cap on how strong the buffs can get. The rewarding part is, be fast, get even stronger. The cheesy part is, I for example got a gamer keyboard, I got programmable hockeys. I can hold down one button and it enters "w a s d" for example at a pace of about 40 buttons a second....there needs to be a cap how many buttons you can enter....and a cap that you can easily follow while button smashing to compose exactly what you want. 10 times for example, but even 4 seconds of a loooooong time for that....

Aaanyways, I like where this is going, keep up the good work mate :)

Thanks for the feedback!

1: when i said hard cc i didnt really mean good for handling groups, more that it could shut down it's target ENTIRELY. The Wood armor works similar to how the original defensive part of lignify worked, each stack will negate an entire source of damage, for example; if a bombard shoots a missile at you, that missile is negated, at the same time just a single bullet from a lancer takes the shield away as well. so the wood armor is very good against slow attacking units, but not really high attack speed enemies and will force the players to move around more to make the most use of the wood armor. 10 stacks of wood armor means 10 shots negated. As for the Slow, i can see why perhaps a debuff to enemies might be more ideal than a buff to allies, but the goal was to make it so even if you do get overrun, you can still hold out. I will take your thoughts into consideration and figure out a possible solution however!

2: the idea was she would grant very simple buffs depending on her basic actions, Sprinting, shooting/attacking, bullet jumping, sliding ect. of course this still needs refinement as do the rest of the skills, but thats why im posting!

3: the goal was to make a safe area! as for the buffs, i was still undecided on that. i had the same thoughts but thought it was a cool idea. I felt like just freezing timers was too little, but perhaps the buff share is too much. I hadnt considered rhino's roar, but now that you mention it that would be hilariously op! I suppose a change is in order, i'll get on that.

4: you are correct on it's usage, button order changes the different strengths of the 4. range as the right could be interesting. As for the limit... i forgot hardware for this kinda stuff is a thing... maybe it could have a "rhythm" to it? first press must be fast, then slower, even slower, then super delayed, then it restarts? this could prevent using hardware as a break, perhaps breaking rhythm resets the counter to 1, so if you press really fast a whole bunch you will only get small buffs. unless one could program even a rhythm into it. id have to look into that.

Ahhh, now I get it, so the one is less cc in the literal meaning but more of a long duration stun ^^" but the part I didn't understand is, do only allies in a certain radius near the lignified enemy receive the armor, or do they receive it near Flora? I know this might not seem that important, bit actually it dictates whether or not you have to Lignify targets like a bombard or if you are better of targeting heavy gunners (mid to long range). In case you need to be close to the lignified enemy, at mid to long range targeting the bombard would be best as he will hit you, no doubt about it and there is no armor to block it. If Flora gets it at any distance a bombard is not of concern at all. So which of the two is it? (and sry for the yet again very long answer...)

So this one is similar to Titania's buff, but not depending on the enemy but her actions. The only problem I see here is, Titania had the advantage of only having to punch the soul out of her enemy to get the buff. But how does it work for Flora? This is not a problem with the idea itself, but more about the mechanics. While it works out nicely with sliding and sprinting I guess, shooting is difficult as the trigger of this ability changes with the weapon you're using, where "firing" might look completely different from each other. Buuut I guess that's less of your concern than that of the devs.

About synthesis, freezing timers for her other abilities might not seem like much, but it is. She can practically stop her 4th from running out. If you ask me, well that's something!:D But I agree, something else is needed. Maybe a small regeneration of some sorts....never seen an ammo regen before, so this might be a thing, a flower does create her own resources after all, right? (yeah I know, to some degree)...

About the 4th yet again, be cautious with that one....setting custom delays is also a thing. The rhythm works if it changes every time, but I think it's closer to a quicktime event than something you can master if playing her enough. Also lag could ruin your life if a rhythm is needed, the custom order you proposed first wouldn't. It's a difficult topic I guess.

Idea for 4th ability:

On 21 сентября 2016 г. at 5:49 AM, MrPigman said:

UNAMED 4: Flora begins growing a powerful flora.

Garden Simphony

It is channeling power, that increase energy consumption over time, but not too fast.

On cast Flora blossom and multiple flowers appear on her body. There would be four distinct types of flowers. She can slowly walk, but can not shoot, melee, crouch, slide or use parkour (similar to Inaros Sandstorm). While in this mode Flora immune to knockdowns and have 70% damage reduction.

Holding Left Mouse Button (Fire/Channeling) make Flora glow and switch her to stationary singing. Movement keys, pressed while LMB is held release various sound tunes and make according type of flowers glow or flash.

Specific sequence of tunes (Melody) apply buff or effect to teammates or enemies. Effect from Melody stacks with each iteration up to max limit, different for each melody. To cast Melody you have to sing tunes in set intervals, that shorten for each Melody iteration.

For first Melody you have to sing each tune in 1-5 second interval after another, for second Melody = 0.8-3 sec, third = 0.6-2 sec, fourth and further = 0.4-1 sec. In other words Melody start slow and easy, but get faster and harder to execute with each iteration.

Switching type of melody reset speed up, so you have to start slow again, but any Melody refresh effect timers for all Melody types. So you can stack one kind of buff to max and then maintain it with singing other Melodies.

You can see Melody sequences in combo screen when Simphony is casted like Hysteria combos.

Base duration for all Melodies = 12 Seconds. Base Range = 30m.

Melodies: A is low tone, D is high tone and W/S are mid tones.

AWD (scream) - Stagger enemies in front cone and deal 200+100*Iteration Impact damage to them up to 1000 damage max.

DWA (lulaby) - Decrease enemy damage by 40%+5%*Iteration up to 70% max.

ASD (inspire) - Heal self and allies for 25*Iteration and give flat 100 Armor*Iteration boost up to 800 Armor max.

DSA (soothe) - Give self and allies bonus Powers Duration and Efficiency = 20%+5%*Iteration up to +50% max (usual 175% max efficiency still apply)

As you see melodies featuring W affecting enemies, other two that feature S affect Flora and allies. Melodies from low to high tone are aggressive and have instant effect, when ones that go from high to low are just buffs/debuffs.

Power Mods affect increase per iteration, but max limit remains same.

Maybe there should be more Melody types or have different effects, maybe it should be more simple with less variations, maybe some should be harder to execute. Maybe each melody should cost additional energy. Maybe different Melody types shouldn't maintain each other. It all is open for discussion.

For now it is just idea to make "Singing Tree" idea to be more involving and having more impact on player.

----

Edit: changed some things in concept. Also some thoughts on firrst three powers:

1) Seems solid, though you need to work out details and maybe that armor should not completely ignore damage, but rather limit it, like Juggernaut have. Small number, maybe 10 health or so.

2) Quick cast, one handed action, that supercharge Flora, which will grant specific buff for your next action and leave behind buff-plant when you execute action. Only one buff can be active at time. Flora cannot use buff-plants herself.

a) Bullet-jump - +20% run speed and bullet jump speed. Buff-plant give same.

b) Killing enemy with guns - +20% gun damage. Buff-plant give random ammo drop.

c) Killing enemy with melee - +30% melee damage. Buff-plant heal 100 health.

d) Killing enemy with power - +50% to cast speed. Buff-plant restore 25 energy.

3) I suggest completely different power - Green Vine.

Vine is summoned at target spot similar to Hydroid Tentacle, but only one instead of swarm.  It coil in spiral from ground, marking small circle. Only one Vine can be present at time, summoning new Vine will remove current one. Green Vine is multipurpose power that have numerous applications:

a) If casted on enemy Vine appear under that enemy and crush it, dealing 1000 impact damage and then toss it into closest enemy with great force. Does same if enemy walk into it, but only if Flora is not inside. Can not grab new enemies while it crushing one (1-2 seconds animation).

b) While Flora is inside Vine coil and is under attack, Vine will block 50% of incoming attacks (some are get through and some stopped completely by Vine) and repel melee enemies. Visually Vine trash around during that.

c) If Flora Bullet-Jump from inside of Vine coil - Vine will hurl Flora with great speed, increasing speed of Bullet-jump and knocking down/ragdoll enemies on Flora's path.

d) Bleeding out inside Vine coil is slowed down by 50%

Edited by -MNT-Erlking

I really like what @-MNT-Erlkingsuggested for the 2nd ability, yet would be cautious about the 3rd, not that I didn't like the general idea, but again not overloading her kit is also sth one has to keep in mind.

One thing I really loved about Flora's earlier concept regarding her 4th ability was to create ammo for her and her team, making her more viable for long duration runs. Now with regards to 

1 Erlkings idea on how to trigger buffs and

2 Borderlands pre sequel glitch weapons

Why not give the 2nd ability instead of a straight dmg buff something different, more like an actual Heavy Caliber (not the mod as it is ingame, but more literal) very close to the overload of bl glitch weapons. Sth like way higher dmg, 50% bonus or more, but reduced rate of fire, the amount of shots in this mode being the higher of at least 1 or 30% of the weapons clip capacity. The moment you begin to use this mode the clip will shrink down to the said amount of at least one or 30% of the clip. These rounds would not use any ammo from the player's ammo pool. As a straight buff to dmg is included in her 4th ability this would more be like a alternate firemode to focus out single targets, killing the bullet sponges sth like that. Maybe not that high a dmg buff but armor ignore to some degree. Anything to focus the most annoying ones out and save ammo for the smaller ones. That's all just an idea so forgive me for throwing all that at you at once :)

Edit: except you take Erl's 4th ability, if so just forget about what I just said ^^"

Edited by NDGR

12 hours ago, NDGR said:

I really like what @-MNT-Erlkingsuggested for the 2nd ability, yet would be cautious about the 3rd, not that I didn't like the general idea, but again not overloading her kit is also sth one has to keep in mind.

Idea behind multipurpose Vine is to give an impression, that Flora is backed by nature herself. Vine is like summon, friend, pet - being, that despite being plant, does actually care, protect and help Flora in various ways.

Edited by -MNT-Erlking

Ok i went through and read the feedback. I think NDGR is right when he says it's good if we don't overload her kit with abilities, it might just become messy and hard to keep track of if too much is put in. I think the most complex thing should be her 4 naturally. 

So after consideration and thought, here's round 2 of Flora's prototype kit.

1: Lignify: Flora conjures a void tree to grow around a target, entrapping them for a duration. while lignify is active it will sprawl it's roots out tripping enemies in it's reach, additionally the entrapped target will receive all damage taken by anyone in the reach of the tree.

Note: I added a bit of Aoe CC to the power to aid her defensive play style and to truly give her power over her domain.

2: Garden: Flora becomes a beacon of plant-life, Whenever she bullet jumps she leaves a large flat flower, when she kills with guns she grows a tall plumed flower, when she kills with melees she grows a thick strong flower from the enemy.

• Large Flat Flower: Releases a shock-wave when stepped on by enemy or ally, knocking enemies down
  • Tall Plumed Flower: Grants ammo regen at a high rate directly to the clip
  • Thick Strong Flower: Grants damage resistance

Note: I simplified this as much as possible while covering the more important grounds. Hopefully this will be as simple yet fun as possible.

3: Synthesis: Flora grows a patch of flowers wherever she goes, any plants in the flowers will have their timers frozen, allies in the flowers will heal a small amount of health per second.

Note: I felt that with her new 2 the timer freeze on plants is now very strong, i added the health regen as a safe measure, but it will be small.

4:Jungle's Heart: Flora chooses special genetic traits for her plant. A special UI will appear on screen to allow flora to concoct her ultimate plant. Flora becomes immobile and receives 90% reduced damage while casting, player is offered to press "W" "A" "S" or "D" each granting different buffs that vary in power depending on which order it was pressed, each one may only be taken once

• W: Toxic - grants toxin damage
  1. Grant 10% Toxin damage to weapons of allies
  2. Grant 25% Toxin damage to weapons of allies
  3. Grant 40% Toxin damage to weapons of allies
  4. Grant 50% Toxin damage, 25% Fire rate, Bottomless clip to allies
  • A: Protective - grants damage resist
  1. Grant 5% damage mitigation to allies
  2. Grant 10% damage mitigation to allies
  3. Grant 15% damage mitigation to allies
  4. Grant 20% damage mitigation and 10% health regen to allies
  • S: Carnivorous - Grants melee damage
  1.  Grant 20% melee damage to allies
  2. Grant 40% melee damage to allies
  3. Grant 60% melee damage to allies
  4. Grant 70% melee damage and 25% lifesteal to allies
  • D: Roots - Grants Spell range
  1. Grant 25% power range to allies
  2. Grant 50% power range to allies
  3. Grant 75% power range to allies
  4. grant 85% power range, 10 energy regen per second to allies

Note: This still may be subject to change, i'm thinking perhaps a system like the grineer hacking maybe?

Here's some of the art i have been doing.

cIRUUtA.jpg

@MrPigman

Well that's a nice concept for sure, really nice imo ^^

So her 1 not only receives more cc but in addition allows you to focus out a single target, I'm certainly a big fan of that change :)

2 is a toggle, am i right about that? If so, either the ammo regen shouldn't be too high (or the effect of the plant not too long, 3 sec maybe?) or the energy drain pretty high as I don't think DE will like the idea of mowing down legions of enemies without any ammo loss whatsoever *cough soma prime* on the other side it could make some less used weapons fun (glaxion)

3 is like Nezha's firewalker if I got that right, but here is where the difficult part begins. If you make it a long duration ability it's a nice addition to her kit and allowing here to keep the plants created with her 2 alive for a long time.

But if so the numbers of her 4 that is affected by her 3 as well are way to high, I mean the special buffs not the normal ones. 10 energy per sec, who the F*** needs an EV trin. Got more than enough energy using zenurik, and that's only 4 per sec. And if Flora can regenerate too much energy the possible builds on her (using blind rage and no efficiency mods) are insane. 10% health per sec, nice on most frames, not so much on Inaros and loki, one really high, the other one really low. I think a flat number, 50 health per sec or more would do better. Bottomless clip, well...effectiveness depends on the weapon. But the thing is, it kinda cancels any synergy with the ammo regen of her 2. Maybe let the clip refill itself every second if you are not already reloading (so bows do not feel awkward) and the 2 starts regenerating the main pool instead of the clip. Don't get me wrong, it will automatically refill the clip but it will cost you ammo. The only difference is, in addition to the dmg and fire rate buff you do not need to reload anymore and the clip regen is turned into an ammo pool regen. We do not want to go too far in terms of buffing firepower. 25% lifesteal...I'm ok with that, I mean it might work out, it might not, I can't tell but it seems alright with me :)

About the normal buffs, I think you can turn up the dmg mitigation a bit, about 50%. At higher lvl you won't notice 20% at all. 

And last but not least, really beautiful artwork, love it ^^

Edited by NDGR

1: glad to hear it's looking good. the old version of lignify seemed like it would have been an absolute hassle to pull off effectively.

2: It's sort of both toggle and duration. You toggle the ability to create the plants, but the plants themselves have a duration, this makes you want to either spawn many more to keep them up or  use Synthesis to keep it running

3: Somewhat like nezha's fire walk, but closer to something like chroma's fire armor. it's a radius that is focused on you, so basically any plants within X range of you will have their timers frozen. I imagined it would be a toggle, maybe with a somewhat heavy cost.

4: I don't think i follow you on this one for the 3 combo'd with the 4 being too strong? it does indeed retain the plant's duration as it does her 2. My goal for the energy buff was to make a sort of alternative to EV trinity. I hate that you NEED a single frame in the game for set ups like that, so why not have a potential replacement. Trinity obviously would be a much more reliable healer and would give that huge burst of energy rather than the slow regen, but it just becomes a tactical choice! As for the ammo situation, i can see how this wouldnt flow well with her 2 now that you point it out. I'll figure out something better... As for the mitigation, i would have to toy around with base values, having 50 as the base makes players easily able to get to 100% mitigation.

Thanks for the compliment!

Ahhh now I get it, the problematic part of 3 with 4 doesn't matter if it follows you around. If it did work like firewalker instead of chromas you could easily create a zone where enemies could not enter at all while you mind your business elsewhere and come back for a second to keep the timers stopped. If you got to stay close to the plants it's perfectly fine ^^

About the 50, I didn't think about powerstrenght affecting it, i thought it was a flat number. If it was affected then you are right ofc, 20 is the way better solution. 

And about the energy regeneration, the reason I think about it the way I do is, trin is a frame that was designed to do just that, heal and energy. But Flora goes way beyond that, she is way more versatile. But I have to admit now that I understand how the 3 works it is way easier to balance and might work out perfectly :)

Thank you for all your hard work @MrPigman I really wish DE rewards that somewhere down the road, Flora deserves it and so do you.

Edited by NDGR

I could not want a plant frame more now that I know that there going with music . This idea is way better,  this has a lot more room for gamer imagination. The game needs better ideas. They should try to make hydroid more pleasing to gamers first before putting a new frame to the mix. I'm always hearing that you guys hate him. I see how much time and effort you put in to making this concept and think to myself are they using the same amount of effort. It's been said that the people know best. 

Edited by Cryo.1700

On 9/30/2016 at 0:51 AM, NDGR said:

Ahhh now I get it, the problematic part of 3 with 4 doesn't matter if it follows you around. If it did work like firewalker instead of chromas you could easily create a zone where enemies could not enter at all while you mind your business elsewhere and come back for a second to keep the timers stopped. If you got to stay close to the plants it's perfectly fine ^^

About the 50, I didn't think about powerstrenght affecting it, i thought it was a flat number. If it was affected then you are right ofc, 20 is the way better solution. 

And about the energy regeneration, the reason I think about it the way I do is, trin is a frame that was designed to do just that, heal and energy. But Flora goes way beyond that, she is way more versatile. But I have to admit now that I understand how the 3 works it is way easier to balance and might work out perfectly :)

Thank you for all your hard work @MrPigman I really wish DE rewards that somewhere down the road, Flora deserves it and so do you.

Glad we got that figured out! more work still to do though.

On 9/30/2016 at 1:30 AM, Kyotra said:

The proper term is "magazine".

yes, yes. i have a friend who drills this into me. However bottomless clip is a generally accepted term that is known by most gamers.

On 9/30/2016 at 4:50 AM, Cryo.1700 said:

I could not want a plant frame more now that I know that there going with music . This idea is way better,  this has a lot more room for gamer imagination. The game needs better ideas. They should try to make hydroid more pleasing to gamers first before putting a new frame to the mix. I'm always hearing that you guys hate him. I see how much time and effort you put in to making this concept and think to myself are they using the same amount of effort. It's been said that the people know best. 

Flora has been a year in the making, if they took that much time to make frames there would be so few frames as compared to now. They are a bit pressured to release new content at a pretty rapid rate, which unfortunately might limit some of their creativity.

Hydroid was fun to me, but of course as with most if not all frames, there are things that could be far better.

• 2 weeks later...

how is it?

how is what? flora? life? her abilities? i'm not sure what youre asking.

anywho, ive been thinking about how i might be able to balance flora's 4 being just a duration with no limit on casts and simply focusing on individual player skill. instead of locking each ability to certain buttons there could simply be four directions in which the player must choose one, but they randomize each time the ability cycles through preventing one from using key presets unless you make one for each individual combination and memorize those and can recognize the combination as it happens and react fast enough to press the right one.

still kinda working on her new 2 though.

That's a really good flow of power-interations you have going. I can see it evolving into a something great (I am not very good with these things myself).

I wonder about the new models design.  What brought this on? The latest designs of Titania, and Premiums or did you just want a change? 

The designs are the most varied you have done so far, but what is your own favourite?

I was modelling and thought of Flora. I got inspired to build the helmet up of leaves and vines.

After 20 minutes this emerged. This is a homage to the Flora concept, not a suggestion that it must look like this :)

Anyways, love to hear any thoughts on it.

flora_fanmodel_by_gaber111-dam2vqh.jpg

On 9/28/2016 at 10:04 PM, MrPigman said:

cIRUUtA.jpg

No comment on the abilities for now, but the artwork caught my eye. I like all of them but #3.

The other's maintain Flora's basic body type, while #3 is goes va-va-voom! upside your head with no warning. I love the helmet. Body type don't fit, bruh. 

Flora's always been lithe.

On 9/28/2016 at 11:04 PM, MrPigman said:

Ok i went through and read the feedback. I think NDGR is right when he says it's good if we don't overload her kit with abilities, it might just become messy and hard to keep track of if too much is put in. I think the most complex thing should be her 4 naturally. 

So after consideration and thought, here's round 2 of Flora's prototype kit.

1: Lignify: Flora conjures a void tree to grow around a target, entrapping them for a duration. while lignify is active it will sprawl it's roots out tripping enemies in it's reach, additionally the entrapped target will receive all damage taken by anyone in the reach of the tree.

Note: I added a bit of Aoe CC to the power to aid her defensive play style and to truly give her power over her domain.

2: Garden: Flora becomes a beacon of plant-life, Whenever she bullet jumps she leaves a large flat flower, when she kills with guns she grows a tall plumed flower, when she kills with melees she grows a thick strong flower from the enemy.

• Large Flat Flower: Releases a shock-wave when stepped on by enemy or ally, knocking enemies down
  • Tall Plumed Flower: Grants ammo regen at a high rate directly to the clip
  • Thick Strong Flower: Grants damage resistance

Note: I simplified this as much as possible while covering the more important grounds. Hopefully this will be as simple yet fun as possible.

3: Synthesis: Flora grows a patch of flowers wherever she goes, any plants in the flowers will have their timers frozen, allies in the flowers will heal a small amount of health per second.

Note: I felt that with her new 2 the timer freeze on plants is now very strong, i added the health regen as a safe measure, but it will be small.

4:Jungle's Heart: Flora chooses special genetic traits for her plant. A special UI will appear on screen to allow flora to concoct her ultimate plant. Flora becomes immobile and receives 90% reduced damage while casting, player is offered to press "W" "A" "S" or "D" each granting different buffs that vary in power depending on which order it was pressed, each one may only be taken once

• W: Toxic - grants toxin damage
  1. Grant 10% Toxin damage to weapons of allies
  2. Grant 25% Toxin damage to weapons of allies
  3. Grant 40% Toxin damage to weapons of allies
  4. Grant 50% Toxin damage, 25% Fire rate, Bottomless clip to allies
  • A: Protective - grants damage resist
  1. Grant 5% damage mitigation to allies
  2. Grant 10% damage mitigation to allies
  3. Grant 15% damage mitigation to allies
  4. Grant 20% damage mitigation and 10% health regen to allies
  • S: Carnivorous - Grants melee damage
  1.  Grant 20% melee damage to allies
  2. Grant 40% melee damage to allies
  3. Grant 60% melee damage to allies
  4. Grant 70% melee damage and 25% lifesteal to allies
  • D: Roots - Grants Spell range
  1. Grant 25% power range to allies
  2. Grant 50% power range to allies
  3. Grant 75% power range to allies
  4. grant 85% power range, 10 energy regen per second to allies

Note: This still may be subject to change, i'm thinking perhaps a system like the grineer hacking maybe?

cIRUUtA.jpg

Three and four seem a little derivative to me, but 1 and 2? Mmmmmm mmmm! I can'tell which body is better, but you simply MUST keep those heads! Number two tells me "Sylvan",  number one tells me "Weeping Blossom".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't read everything yet, so this idea might have already been mentioned.

Passive: Orokin Seeds

As an alternative to performing a stealth kill or ground finisher on an opponent. Flora can also Interact with them to plant some seed. (Feel free to call it something more awesome like Blood Seed, or Death Seed...etc) This ability has a similar criteria to Covert Lethality in the sense that it will only be available if it would have been fatal damage anyway.

So here's how it works. Press or Hold the Interact key and Flora will plant a seed which begins to rapidly grow on the dying opponent. Holding down the key will drain energy as they cause it to germinate quickly. If the player is interrupted or runs out of energy, or has spent 75 energy, the plant now grows to do something random.

I'm thinking the tiers would be  15 - 25 energy for low tier buffs, 26 - 50 for mid-range and 50 - 75 for the really strong ones. This cannot be mitigated by Streamline or similar abilities and of course, will not be affected by EV while they are channeling the seed.

Enemies that are "planted" cannot be desecrated.

Some ideas of her possible greenhouse of horrors, in no particular order

• A small patch of flowers that spread a toxic could
  • A patch of flowers that spread a corrosive mist
  • Flowers that let out a mist of volatile spores, granting Flora and allies in the mist to recieve a one-time exploding armor that deals blast damage and a guaranteed fire proc if they are struck. They can run back to the mist if it's still around to reset it.
  • Virulent spores that provide extra viral damage and a possible proc to melee attacks for a short while.
  • The enemy explodes into a writhing mass of thorny vines, the inital explosion dealing puncture damage. The vines stagger nearby enemies with a high chance of inflicting a slash proc.
  • The enemy reanimates, with multiple vines dealing toxic damage. Explodes when killed and has a high aggro effect. As they are rendered brainless, any firearms they are using will have very low accuracy
  • A plant that provides an aura similar to the Infested healers for a short time.
  • A venus flytrap-like creature that lobs tar similar to the mutalist moas
  • A large patch of white flowers that inflict a radiation proc.
  • A tall grass that disarms staggers and enemies. Killing them for some reason has a higher chance of yielding more endo.