Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

On 11/10/2016 at 6:46 AM, arch111 said:

aflora_by_gaber111-dao0pb5.png

A painted version of my Flora-inspired helmet. 

that looks really bloody cool! i love the pink accents!

On 1/6/2017 at 1:13 AM, Raul_Menendez2025 said:

I haven't read everything yet, so this idea might have already been mentioned.

Passive: Orokin Seeds

As an alternative to performing a stealth kill or ground finisher on an opponent. Flora can also Interact with them to plant some seed. (Feel free to call it something more awesome like Blood Seed, or Death Seed...etc) This ability has a similar criteria to Covert Lethality in the sense that it will only be available if it would have been fatal damage anyway.

So here's how it works. Press or Hold the Interact key and Flora will plant a seed which begins to rapidly grow on the dying opponent. Holding down the key will drain energy as they cause it to germinate quickly. If the player is interrupted or runs out of energy, or has spent 75 energy, the plant now grows to do something random.

I'm thinking the tiers would be  15 - 25 energy for low tier buffs, 26 - 50 for mid-range and 50 - 75 for the really strong ones. This cannot be mitigated by Streamline or similar abilities and of course, will not be affected by EV while they are channeling the seed.

Enemies that are "planted" cannot be desecrated.

Some ideas of her possible greenhouse of horrors, in no particular order

• A small patch of flowers that spread a toxic could
  • A patch of flowers that spread a corrosive mist
  • Flowers that let out a mist of volatile spores, granting Flora and allies in the mist to recieve a one-time exploding armor that deals blast damage and a guaranteed fire proc if they are struck. They can run back to the mist if it's still around to reset it.
  • Virulent spores that provide extra viral damage and a possible proc to melee attacks for a short while.
  • The enemy explodes into a writhing mass of thorny vines, the inital explosion dealing puncture damage. The vines stagger nearby enemies with a high chance of inflicting a slash proc.
  • The enemy reanimates, with multiple vines dealing toxic damage. Explodes when killed and has a high aggro effect. As they are rendered brainless, any firearms they are using will have very low accuracy
  • A plant that provides an aura similar to the Infested healers for a short time.
  • A venus flytrap-like creature that lobs tar similar to the mutalist moas
  • A large patch of white flowers that inflict a radiation proc.
  • A tall grass that disarms staggers and enemies. Killing them for some reason has a higher chance of yielding more endo.

i like this idea, i made a simplified/modified version for her overhaul! kind of a last minute addition but it's there. thanks for the feedback and ideas!

Sorry for my long absence from the forum! I have been busy over the holidays and now im finally getting some free time again, so i should be able to be a bit more active on here! I'm coming back with a bang too! brand new art and skill icons with a complete overhaul of her kit. let me know what you guys think!

6 hours ago, MrPigman said:

that looks really bloody cool! i love the pink accents!

i like this idea, i made a simplified/modified version for her overhaul! kind of a last minute addition but it's there. thanks for the feedback and ideas!

Sorry for my long absence from the forum! I have been busy over the holidays and now im finally getting some free time again, so i should be able to be a bit more active on here! I'm coming back with a bang too! brand new art and skill icons with a complete overhaul of her kit. let me know what you guys think!

I think your art is very good, allways was, and it's deserving if a proper 3D model some day.

I was just messing around, not trying to be exact or anything,  but still in the same concept.

Maby I will do a more accurate version. 

I like the new art, a fluid continuation of what you have done before.

I read the OP again. Flora remains interesting, very supportive and a good replacement for Frost. The thing I keep thinking is how Nidus now seems like Floras twin. Yes, they have different ways of buffing but the themes are really similar.

In fact,  imagine Flora, Nidus, Frost and Nekros as a team. Would they ever loose?

9 hours ago, arch111 said:

I think your art is very good, allways was, and it's deserving if a proper 3D model some day.

I was just messing around, not trying to be exact or anything,  but still in the same concept.

Maby I will do a more accurate version. 

I like the new art, a fluid continuation of what you have done before.

I read the OP again. Flora remains interesting, very supportive and a good replacement for Frost. The thing I keep thinking is how Nidus now seems like Floras twin. Yes, they have different ways of buffing but the themes are really similar.

In fact,  imagine Flora, Nidus, Frost and Nekros as a team. Would they ever loose?

that would be quite the defensive force.

thanks for the feedback arch! always great to see you on the forums. i need to one day go in and do a picture of one of your concepts! just need to decide which one lol.

12 minutes ago, MrPigman said:

that would be quite the defensive force.

thanks for the feedback arch! always great to see you on the forums. i need to one day go in and do a picture of one of your concepts! just need to decide which one lol.

Weell. I havent done that many though,  have I? Now that DE introduces the "puppetmaster" ring (that I still havent seen in action) maby true Posession is up next? 

When I thought of Hel, it was first posession I thought of.

Anyway, if you did draw something,  whatever that would be, I would be really glad for it :)

On 1/9/2015 at 11:56 PM, MrPigman said:

fEAKjPv.png

4-Splice:

Flora begins constructing the perfect flower, this opens up a unique UI for flora, while doing this flora becomes immobile and takes less damage, meanwhile pressing WASD in different sequences will yield different results and unique buffs. the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stages of each key will yield steadily increasing buffs, while the fourth stage will grant a special buff. each press of W,A,S, or D will up the stage by one except when on fourth stage which will then reset the stage counter. the same key can not be pressed in the same cycle of stages meaning for each round of buffs, you must press each key at least once. each key press the buffs will randomize locations, meaning the damage buff could move from the bottom to the top or to a side. there is no limit on how many presses you use, but there is a time limit.

• Toxic - grants toxin damage
  1. Grant +10% Toxin damage to weapons of allies
  2. Grant +25% Toxin damage to weapons of allies
  3. Grant +40% Toxin damage to weapons of allies
  4. Grant +50% Toxin damage, +25% Fire rate, attack speed, reload speed, and movement speed

• Protective - grants damage resist
  1. Grant +5% damage mitigation to allies
  2. Grant +10% damage mitigation to allies
  3. Grant +15% damage mitigation to allies
  4. Grant +20% damage mitigation and restore 30% of allies total HP every 5 seconds.

• Carnivorous - Grants melee damage
  1.  Grant +20% melee damage to allies
  2. Grant +40% melee damage to allies
  3. Grant +60% melee damage to allies
  4. Grant +70% melee damage and +25% lifesteal to allies

• Roots - Grants Spell range
  1. Grant +25% power range to allies
  2. Grant +50% power range to allies
  3. Grant +75% power range to allies
  4. grant +85% power range, +50% power strength

• Cast time is 2/3/4/5 [50% per level] seconds. this is affected inversely by cast speed.
  • Power strength affects all the effects.
  • Buff radius is 10/12/14/16 [20% per level] meters.
  • Splice has a 12/14/16/18 [20% per level] second duration.

Does this ability scale with power strength by any chance? also what happens when you recast this ability?

On 1/8/2017 at 2:21 PM, lolbbbb9 said:

This got broken my meme about butt xd

This too op maybe

in game

Too weak please buff

wha-?

On 1/9/2017 at 8:08 PM, Rhekemi said:

Well, this is definitely her best look and my new favorite. Her ability overhaul seems solid.

Im Glad! a lot of thought was put into the look. this rework was long needed tbh :/

On 1/10/2017 at 0:23 AM, 45neo said:

Does this ability scale with power strength by any chance? also what happens when you recast this ability?

as it says in the description, all plant abilities work with power strength. but i suppose i do need to specify what happens when you recast. there can only be 1 plant out at a time.

On 1/10/2017 at 3:17 AM, BlackDiamondAce said:

Hey, nice to see this is still lively pigman.  I am currently collabong to make an arctic warlord frame with donuts and mako.  Mako hasn't checked on it in a while so idk.  Regardless this is still a unique frame I hope is added

Yup, still chuggin and hoping we get a plant warframe some time.

An arctic warlord? if im understanding that right, you may want to take care and not tread on frosts territory. but otherwise good luck, ill try to get feedback on it when it's posted!

On 1/12/2017 at 2:22 PM, BlackDiamondAce said:

yeah, the struggle of Ysmir is to find what niche we want, so far we have a very indomitable tank that is slow but passively has ironskin

(its infuriating I cant see my kubrow icon from in game here.)

if you need help with abilities feel free to pm me. But let's keep this thread on topic!

On 1/15/2017 at 6:17 AM, (PS4)CrazyWill718 said:

I was reading the first ability and I was wondering does a tree still grow when there's no targeted enemy if so then you could have yourself a sorta pseudo shield ability.

hmmm, i feel that might make the ability 1. a bit too strong, and 2, hard to actually entrap a target. plus it might tread on volts territory.

On January 10, 2015 at 1:56 AM, MrPigman said:

TL;DR

Flora - a support Buffer warframe

1: Encase target in a tree with tripping roots

2: create different plants that grant different buffs based on actions.

3: small heal and way to keep plants alive

4: custom make a buff depending on button presses

ALTERNATE NAMES

Hide contents

Flora - plants of a certain type or era

Druid - a preist of nature

Druidia (Lol Space Balls) - variation of druid

Spriggan - a plant faery

Botana - variation of botanical meaning plant "related to plants"

Epiphyte - plants that grow on another organism

Pith - a soft tissue in plants

Spora - an organism having spore like properties

Phyta - a suffix meaning plant

Phytoid - one that resembles plants

Thylak - variation of thylakoid which helps with photosynthesis

Kloris - variation of Khloris(chloris), who is a godess of flowers

Auxin - a plant hormone that helps regulate plant growth

Venus - as in venus fly trap

Juniper - named after a berry :D

Femlock - altered version of hemlock

Hayle - Pronounced like holly

If you have any names in mind please share :)

Hey tenno, before you bash on the idea of plants in space lets get some things straight! she uses the plants through her suit which generates spores that may grow at incredibly rapid rates, the plants are genetically altered to feed off of any gas they can find.

now, without further ado Flora!

sVD4RCt.jpg

qB2mUrk.jpg

3D model by forgottenlord

3OAHyPhxASc.jpg

sXeDbfT.jpg

Fan Art

Reveal hidden contents

Flora V5 by forgottenlord

DbLdeXZmMxo.jpg

Flora With Daphne Helmet by Sictanpc

GroXR6J.jpg

Previous Concept Art

Reveal hidden contents

zKuDsiT.jpg

OfCuXE0.jpg

mYUp9ac.jpg

yzvVgVi.jpgQyKmxul.jpg

6VTT4Nj.jpg

lGQcrUB.jpg

old art
8HgWWpc.jpg

iqNZwc7.jpg
A8gb2rD.jpg

Aromis Archwing [open to renaming]

Reveal hidden contents

click here for stats and abilities!
tsI3uMp.jpg

original archwing concept by LinkGetsuei
0BbAG4I.jpg

Other concept art

Reveal hidden contents

The Daphne Helmet that opens in the light!

veJIR2m.jpg

i2INqUZ.jpg

HlBiHyK.jpg

mNrF4Bs.jpg

ICuz5J6.jpg
u7nmHfS.jpg

YBhkUtH.jpg
gLfuiy5.jpg

NDNilaw.jpg

Acquisition SUBJECT TO CHANGE

POSSIBLE SECOND DREAM SPOILERS BEWARE!

Delicate Conquest

Reveal hidden contents

Tenno receive a mysterious transmission from a small girl's voice.

????: Please! Anyone? Someone! *static* Please! I need help! I'm on earth, in sect-*static* they're going to kill me! please help! 

Lotus: That sounded urgent tenno. More importantly that was not a grineer and she was on earth. you need to investigate.

Ordis: But lotus we don't know exactly where she is? for all we know she could be DEe&aD%! //Anywhere by now!

Lotus: we will have to intercept grineer signals then and find out. Hurry tenno.

*Players do interception for 3 rounds on earth*

Lotus: It appears that the grineer have found a strange plant on earth that is actually getting stronger from the Toxins. They are going to try to destroy it with force seeing as it hasn't gotten too big yet, but it's roots are far spread and seem to originate from one place on E Prime. Tenno go to E Prime and Hold off the Grineer while we have an Operative investigate further in stealth.

*Players do a survival on E Prime*

*After the 20 minute mark*

Lotus: We found the source, but we're not the only ones who did, Vor is Here. Get here as fast as you can.

*timer starts to get to a certain part of the map where it will transition to a different and unique area*

*Cutscene start*

~A tenno operative is seen looking at a large tree that has what looks like a sealed opening and Vor appears to have appeared from a void tear*

????: *with obvious fear and panic* Stop him I don't care how! I'm too weak to fight right now!

*fight Void Vor*

*after Victory*

Vor: AAAAGGGH! *collapses* You think this is the end don't you tenno? It is not... and it never will be! I. Am. Immortal. *returns to void*

*player approaches the sealed tree and attempts to open it.*

????:NO DON'T! there is too much void energy in here... I need you to open a void tear on this tree. It will be hard but i know how.

????: I need you to go look for some old dead sentients.... inside them they have a particular reactive device, if it is used in conjunction with a void relic, then we can increase the size of the void tear and create an opening big enough to engulf this tree.

Lotus: That means you will have to kill a Sentient Tenno... all the dead Sentients have drifted off and been lost in space long ago.

Ordis: The Operator can do this! all operator must do is RriP tHEm ApaRT! //recall on the great skill that operator uses daily!

*Players go to moon and must kill at least one sentient*

*players return to the tree after building the Frankenstein technology*

????: Oh good now we can free me! I'm glad you came to help me by the way. I've been watching the tenno since we've reawakened. you do great things, i would expect one less from a tenno of your calibur.

*Void tear begins*

Hunhow: I can not allow this... I can not allow more of these digusting abominations to be unearthed from the dirt.

*Stalker and Sentients appear*

*Void Vor Appears*

Vor: I like the gift Tenno! I think I'll Keep it and really make it mine!

*Tree disapears and 2 Void portals open*

*player must win a 3 way fight between sentients and void*

*after victory*

Lotus: We need to pursue that tree. When the void weakened the space around the tree i sensed something... That tree is part warframe... I'm not sure what that means yet, but we certainly can not hand both an innocent life and warframe technology to Vor.

*players head to the void to hunt down the tree*

*players start a mobile defense void mission*

Lotus: We need to take some data archives that may have information on what Vor is doing.

*after the first objective is completed*

Vor: It is futile tenno. I have already won. She is mine, and all of her secrets belong to me.

*after second objective*

Vor: *maniacal Laughing*

????: *screaming* NOOO AGGGHHHK! LEAVE ME ALONE!

*as the voice says alone the lights flicker and the void shakes*

????: *now distorted* nOw LoOK whAt YOu'Ve dONe...

Lotus: Tenno.... The warframe traces i was detecting are no longer there, it isnow different... more orokin. Head to Extraction and we can organize our next move.

*right before players reach extraction a cut scene happens*

Cut Scene coming soon...

Build Blueprints

Reveal hidden contents

BP: 25000cr, Flora Helmet, Flora Chasis, Flora Systems, 1 orokin Cell

Helmet: 15000cr, 1 Sunlight Dragonlily extract, 1 Sunlight Jadeleaf extract, 1 Neural Sensor, 1 neurode

Chasis: 15000cr, 1 moonlight Dragonlily extract, 1 moonlight Jadeleaf extract, 1 morphic

Systems: 15000cr, 1 control module, 1 morphic, 5 sunlight threshcone extract, 5 moonlight threshcone extract

URWlsAG.jpg
STATS (at level 30)

Reveal hidden contents

Health: 150 (450 at 30)
Shield: 75 (225 at 30)
power: 100 (150 at 30)
Armor: 65
Speed: 1.15

Polarities: 20px-Bar.png and 20px-D.png
Aura: 20px-D.png

SIMPLIFIED STATS (RATING)

1 being worst, 5 being best

Reveal hidden contents

Health: 5/5
Shield: 2/5
power: 2/5
Armor: 2/5
Speed: 4/5

Stat Total: 3/5 (Average)

COMPARATIVE STATS

If you're not good with numbers look here!

Reveal hidden contents

Health: Flora has the same health as ash or zephyr, meaning 1250 with vigor and vitality.

Shield: Flora has she same shields as Loki, meaning 645 shield with vigor and redirection.

totals: Flora has a max total of 675 shield and health in comparison to loki who has 450 total with the same armor and then Rhino has 750 with more armor.

power: Flora's power is the same as frost or rhino, with a max flow has 300.

Armor: Flora has the same armor as Nova, making it pretty squishy. maxed steel fiber gives it 136.5 armor.

Speed: Flora has slightly less speed than loki and a lot more than rhino, making her pretty mobile.

JsAz6xh.jpg

Passive:

Whenever Flora Kills an enemy with a ground slam attack or a stealth kill, she creates a small bush from their body that cloaks allies. the bush lasts 30 seconds. Whenever this ability activates, flora regenerates 10 energy.

a9svSPO.png
1-Lignify:

Flora throws a technocyte seed to embed and grow into her target encasing them in an orokin tree.

• encases target for 10/16/22/28 [30% per level] seconds
  • The tree it'self will always stay the entire duration.
  • The tree will send out roots dealing 10/20/30/40 [100% per level] impact damage and knocking enemies down.
  • Tree roots have a radius of 8 meters which is affected by power range
  • Lignified target will take 20/22/24/26% [10% per level] of the damage their allies in the root range take.
  • The tree may also act as an obstacle blocking bullets and other projectiles.
glESkEl.png
2-Garden:

Flora makes her power volatile, allowing her to create plants whenever she kills an enemy with a gun or melee weapon or when she bullet jumps.

• when you Kill or assist with a primary or secondary weapon Flora will make a tall thin plant that grants 4/8/12/16 [100% per level] ammo regen straight to the magazine.
  • When Flora bullet jumps, she will create a short flat flower that acts as a trip mine. when enemies step on it they take 50/55/60/65 [10% per level] Blast damage and get knocked down.
  • When Flora kills or assists with melee weapons she creates a medium size, thick flower than grants 10/15/20/25% [50% per level] Armor to you and allies.
  • All plant buffs stack with each plant and scale with power strength
  • Plants last 15/18/21/24 [20% per level] seconds. affected by duration.
  • Plant buff range is 10 meters

sK3teB2.png

3-Synthesis:

Flora grows a carpet of flowers and grass to cover the ground around her, the flowers will stay with her at all times, healing allies and keeping plants alive.

• Allies inside of Synthesis regenerate 1/1.5/2/2.5% [50% per level] Total HP per second. Affected by power Strength
  • Plants in the 10/15/20/25 [50% per level] meter radius have their duration timers frozen.
  • Synthesis is a toggle, draining 8 energy per second

fEAKjPv.png

4-Splice:

Flora begins constructing the perfect flower, this opens up a unique UI for flora, while doing this flora becomes immobile and takes less damage, meanwhile pressing WASD in different sequences will yield different results and unique buffs. the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stages of each key will yield steadily increasing buffs, while the fourth stage will grant a special buff. each press of W,A,S, or D will up the stage by one except when on fourth stage which will then reset the stage counter. the same key can not be pressed in the same cycle of stages meaning for each round of buffs, you must press each key at least once. each key press the buffs will randomize locations, meaning the damage buff could move from the bottom to the top or to a side. there is no limit on how many presses you use, but there is a time limit.

• Toxic - grants toxin damage
  1. Grant +10% Toxin damage to weapons of allies
  2. Grant +25% Toxin damage to weapons of allies
  3. Grant +40% Toxin damage to weapons of allies
  4. Grant +50% Toxin damage, +25% Fire rate, attack speed, reload speed, and movement speed

• Protective - grants damage resist
  1. Grant +5% damage mitigation to allies
  2. Grant +10% damage mitigation to allies
  3. Grant +15% damage mitigation to allies
  4. Grant +20% damage mitigation and restore 30% of allies total HP every 5 seconds.

• Carnivorous - Grants melee damage
  1.  Grant +20% melee damage to allies
  2. Grant +40% melee damage to allies
  3. Grant +60% melee damage to allies
  4. Grant +70% melee damage and +25% lifesteal to allies

• Roots - Grants Spell range
  1. Grant +25% power range to allies
  2. Grant +50% power range to allies
  3. Grant +75% power range to allies
  4. grant +85% power range, +50% power strength

• Cast time is 2/3/4/5 [50% per level] seconds. this is affected inversely by cast speed.
  • Power strength affects all the effects.
  • Buff radius is 10/12/14/16 [20% per level] meters.
  • Splice has a 12/14/16/18 [20% per level] second duration.
  • Flora may only have 1 flower out at a time, recasting will reset the ability.
  • the plant will spawn on flora's location

ALTERNATE ABILITIES

Reveal hidden contents

Brambles: Flora grows a large circle of bramble that prevents enemies from walking through it and will heavily slow and deal slash damage with a 100% proc to enemies who try. bramble upon cast will push all enemies out to the edge of brambles range and ensnare them. Hitting brambles with elemental damage will cause it to deal 10/40/70/100 elemental damage per second while enemies are inside of it, with a 60% proc.Using elemental abilities such as volts 1 or oberon's 1 or any elemental damage skill that may target or shoot may hit brambles and deal that damage to every enemy caught in brambles, in addition it will add the passive elemental damage.
Bramble has a 3/6/9/12 meter radius and lasts 15/20/25/30 seconds.

Hidden Content

Verdance-Flora generates an enormous man eating plant that follows flora and sprawls it's vines and roots everywhere within it's 5/7/9/11 meter reach and will pull enemies with the vines dragging them to it's mouth. The plant deals 100/200/300/400 puncture damage every 2 seconds as it chews it's enemies, anyone may shoot the plant and it will add that damage to everyone in the plant's maw and will add elemental damage if any. Skills may also be used on the plant to add damage and elements.when an enemy dies in the plants mouth, they will be consumed restoring 10/12/14/16 energy per corpse to allies within the radius of 10/11/12/13 meters. Verdance lasts 20/24/28/30 seconds.

Hidden Content

Verdance(old):Flora makes an overgrowth of plants around her wherever she goes for 8/9/10/11/12 seconds impaling any enemies in it's radius of 5/7/9/11 meters dealing heavy puncture damage every 3 seconds and staggering the enemy.

Hidden Content

Synthesis(toggle)(old): This skill has no cast time or animation, but activating it has an initial cost of 25. Flora begins to pulse with life, she will heal 4/6/8/10% of her missing health every 5/4/3/2 seconds. Synthesis will also affect allies within 5/6/7/8 meters from her. costs 12/11/10/9 energy per second

Hidden Content

Burst of Life: Flora creates a spore mass to hyper generate into an enormous tree in front of her whos roots will lash out at enemies dealing 200/400/600/800 slash damage every 3 seconds for 9/15/18/21 seconds. the roots will also stagger and have a 40% chance to knock down.

Oaken Guardian: Flora covers a target in spores turning them into an invincible plant golem like guardian which deals 100/150/200/250 impact per hit (very slow attack speed) with a 100% chance to stagger and a 60% chance to knock down. the Oaken Guardian lasts 20/25/30/35 seconds.

Seeds of Creation: Flora places a seed mass at her current location which will remain there for 12/18/24/30 seconds. if you or your allies would be be downed or bleed out within 10/15/20/25 meters of the seed mass they will automatically resurrect at the seed location. there are 4 seeds within the mass (allowing up to 4 total regenerations)

Living Armor: Flora creates vines and roots around her increasing her armor by 5/10/15/20 and blocking status affect on you for 5/7/9/11 seconds

Root Leash: Flora sends roots into an enemy linking flora to the enemy, that enemy can not travel 12/10/8/6 meters away from you and if you would travel out of the range they are dragged with you staggering them. rooting an enemy will also begin to heal you by 1/2/3/4% of your total health every 2 seconds and hurt them by that amount. Root Leash has a 4/6/8/10 seconds duration.

Crawling Vines(toggle): Flora turns herself into vines on the ground and will travel undetected, when she deactivates the skill she will reform and vines will rise and snare all enemies within 1/1.1/1.2/1.3 meters.

Other Plant Warframes

Treant by Beastbane

Abrus by Xiusa

Alder by .Moesashi_Shirayuki

Sprite by Elvis276

Tellurik by Zounderth

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/338196-nature-warframe'>Sage by InuGaNiku

Opinions? Ideas? lay em on me.

That sounds awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This whole model is looks fun and great I am hoping I can get this frame to my collection. The model is pretty nice the drawings are cool and really fit to the theme and the abilities sounds really useful.

My only question is: Why is this frame not in game yet?

Edited by Syndrella

People put so much effort in this concept, tweaked it, balanced it, even reinvented the kit. All of this without it being in game. I'm really wondering why DE has nothing to say about it :/

To be fair, they are working pretty hard right now, but I'm sure there is enough interest and support from the community to pick this whole concept up and make it real.