Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

18 hours ago, NDGR said:

People put so much effort in this concept, tweaked it, balanced it, even reinvented the kit. All of this without it being in game. I'm really wondering why DE has nothing to say about it :/

To be fair, they are working pretty hard right now, but I'm sure there is enough interest and support from the community to pick this whole concept up and make it real. 

Problem for us is that DE are not sharing their designs with us.

Nidus and mummyframe (name escapes me atmo) both have themes and powers you can trace to the concept Typhus. They stay silent about how or if inspiration from Fanconcepts are actually used.

In other words, DE can make a new frame, say Octavia,  and give her a power that works like Lignify.

Problem is then that while that is cool and all, some of us actually want a plant-based warframe like Flora, and not her powers reused elsewhere -.Without official word.

I REALLY want Flora or some frame close to it, to make it into the game.

I am sorry devs, but some more transparency would really be good for all of us. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Scharkie1333 said:

Post to keep this pretty flower blooming.

We can dream at least.

I am afraid that the more silly themes will win over the serious ones first.

After Inaros, Titania and the Priest, I am fully expecting a vampire Count, a Angel, a clockmaker, a Chef, a Perfume frame and so on.

But I still have hope for Flora.

I have ideas for Warframes and Faction Enemies. I've put a lot of time trying to really think over these ideas and compare it too DE's power restrictions and lore. I have the ability to produce artwork for the ideas too. But after seeing post like this one....All I can think is "Why bother".

This Concept is AMAZING! And it's been around for YEARS.......and yet, as people have said, there hasn't been even a single word from DE.

Do they even take any fan concept ideas anymore? Like, legitimately, not "Maybe they based Chroma off, you know, That OTHER Dragon Frame idea in the FanConcepts", but legitimately them spotlighting it like "And this idea came from So-and-so in the Concept community~"

I can only really think of Zephyr, and that's it. Everything else that comes to mind is usually just related to a Contest for Designs, not from here.

I would like to see this frame in game and her abilities could look like a well performing system in the current game mechanics and I like her design so much and I can consider as a main frame both with Xenis (frame concept by Sziklamester) but noone knows what DE desire to use or what the design council approve as go to so better if the hope keeped on a low level.

I don't think you would have any problems with plants in space, I've seen plenty like lunar picture (not sure if that's spelt right) on Lua and even those plants in the infested room on your orbiter, most plants don't even require oxygen to live they produce it using other gasses making completely realistic concept especially in a sci fi video game.

I'm really liking where this is going, its always good to see anything plant related in this game as the aesthetics for many of the plants in game look great. I see that there is a section for similar "plant frame" concepts. I myself made a frame of my own shortly before finding this one through someone on my post. If still accepting other frames for that list I would love to have mine on there.

Edited by (XB1)xBlitzAttackerX

• 1 month later...

This frame concept looks cool and the abilities sounds a fun to use frame. I am hoping this will be implemented sooner than later. Also there is any option to vote this frame concept to be viewed at design council members or DE staff to check this beautiful one?

Defintely I would like to play this frame because I like support frames and the nature theme is not so often used yet. 

• 1 month later...

would love to see this used at the very least. just the model since DE would not be willing to put the frame itself into the game. but as a special skin, for maybe nova or mag, it would atleast be good. to make use of such an amazing slice of art work. 

On 6/26/2017 at 6:07 AM, Szuna said:

This frame concept looks cool and the abilities sounds a fun to use frame. I am hoping this will be implemented sooner than later. Also there is any option to vote this frame concept to be viewed at design council members or DE staff to check this beautiful one?

Defintely I would like to play this frame because I like support frames and the nature theme is not so often used yet. 

I have attempted to get it there in the past and others have tried. At this point i can only wish she will make her way into the game.

On 7/26/2017 at 11:19 AM, Otaku_Hyen said:

Seems an interesting frame and I like very much the design, Itself the design not let the frame make a go but still very lovely and the abilities are nice. Any news about this nice concept? Seems this thread a little bit sleepy.

Thanks. But yea its a little dead. I really didn't have any intentions of doing any more remodels for flora. that's like the 7-8th one. Not that i don't mind doing a million designs for her, just that if i want her to get any grounding she needs to remain the same. I had thought it might be cool to do a nice splash art of the new model, but i havent gotten around to it and wont for a bit.

On 7/27/2017 at 4:46 AM, proxyvirus said:

would love to see this used at the very least. just the model since DE would not be willing to put the frame itself into the game. but as a special skin, for maybe nova or mag, it would atleast be good. to make use of such an amazing slice of art work. 

id love for it to be a nova deluxe skin, but that probably wont happen for a very long time. DE is working on eidolon and all that comes with it, plus Nova already has a deluxe skin and mag has one already planned; But thank you for the compliment!

on an off note.

I am not sure if flora will ever happen for a few reasons.

1: seemingly every update oberon gets more and more plant theme especially with his hallowed ground making plants now. while i think that is really cool its pretty demoralizing in the way that it looks grim for the hopes of an ACTUAL plant frame.

2: saryn is another contributor to the anti plant frame thing or the "we already have a plant frame."

3: with the addition of the glass frame, it seems theyre looking for more and more bizarre and unique ideas for the frames.

But with that ill give a glimmer of hope:

With the addition of the plains of eidolon, we could potentially see a lot more plant like scenery in which we could easily see a plant frame originate from.

Thanks for all the support guys!

12 hours ago, MrPigman said:

I have attempted to get it there in the past and others have tried. At this point i can only wish she will make her way into the game.

Thanks. But yea its a little dead. I really didn't have any intentions of doing any more remodels for flora. that's like the 7-8th one. Not that i don't mind doing a million designs for her, just that if i want her to get any grounding she needs to remain the same. I had thought it might be cool to do a nice splash art of the new model, but i havent gotten around to it and wont for a bit.

id love for it to be a nova deluxe skin, but that probably wont happen for a very long time. DE is working on eidolon and all that comes with it, plus Nova already has a deluxe skin and mag has one already planned; But thank you for the compliment!

on an off note.

1: seemingly every update oberon gets more and more plant theme especially with his hallowed ground making plants now. while i think that is really cool its pretty demoralizing in the way that it looks grim for the hopes of an ACTUAL plant frame.

2: saryn is another contributor to the anti plant frame thing or the "we already have a plant frame."

3: with the addition of the glass frame, it seems theyre looking for more and more bizarre and unique ideas for the frames.

With the addition of the plains of eidolon, we could potentially see a lot more plant like scenery in which we could easily see a plant frame originate from.

I am sure there are a lot of people who wish to play with a real plant based frame. Also there are a lot of variations so never understand those peoples whom saying we already have this that x y z etc. Nezha is a good example how fire can be played but strange there not cryed the peoples we have another fire based frame. Nezha just hated because from China and the China frame thingy was poorly handled by DE as a rule.

Despite these things a real plant based frame have space in this space "lol". And you already put a lot of time and energy into this one. As council member and plant / flower lover I will try to use my power to help flora to be in the game. As much I can link it anywhere to suggest I will try it. Also forgotten is still playing? Because I saw his profile and long ago not was active on forums. His 3d model was nice and cool and really fit to the theme. Just need some rigging and animating and add the full movesets of warframes and it is go to go.

1. Is pretty much not a problem because oberon always was nature based and his ability not change the fact that it is not a plant based but nature like.

2. Saryn have a skin but that's all and that itself not validate she is a plant frame because she is not. She is toxic themed and toxical can be anything else.

3. The glass theme itself not mean bizzare form because the glass can be strong and weak too. Still there is no for example crystal, shard, beast, beastmaster, vampyre, pirate etc based frames. And there is no variations there because these themes not mean they won't make another similar themed frame anymore. If I were the DE I would probably use the imaginations and use concepts from peoples and make them on the way as the creators imagined. I don't like the lending idea from here and there when the creators pretty much created a full frame.

And no problem Pigman hope your frame will be in game! Wish good luck and patience!

12 hours ago, MrPigman said:

on an off note.

I still hope your frame idea will be implemented because this is nice and well designed.

13 hours ago, MrPigman said:

I understand and that is a good number of touches what you made on this frame then. This is pretty much should be enough to touch further the theme but if you feel you can do retouches anytime. This frame with it's abilities already looks nice and the whole topic well built up so I wish your frame deserves a go to. There is no currently another plant based frame which as popular and as much well designed than flora and with space magic any frame theme can be viable so don't care about the negative critics and nay sayers because there are a larger majority have who wish to play a plant based nicely designed frame. Flower power!

:)

Wish you good luck for this one!

Just saying hi and it would be nice to see these ideas being one of those 10 frames Scott had seen here.

Oberon and Saryn does their own thing. Titania became a pixie, there is still no true natureframe among them.

Come on Scott. You know you want to :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2017 at 1:10 AM, Sziklamester said:

I am sure there are a lot of people who wish to play with a real plant based frame. Also there are a lot of variations so never understand those peoples whom saying we already have this that x y z etc. Nezha is a good example how fire can be played but strange there not cryed the peoples we have another fire based frame. Nezha just hated because from China and the China frame thingy was poorly handled by DE as a rule.

Despite these things a real plant based frame have space in this space "lol". And you already put a lot of time and energy into this one. As council member and plant / flower lover I will try to use my power to help flora to be in the game. As much I can link it anywhere to suggest I will try it. Also forgotten is still playing? Because I saw his profile and long ago not was active on forums. His 3d model was nice and cool and really fit to the theme. Just need some rigging and animating and add the full movesets of warframes and it is go to go.

1. Is pretty much not a problem because oberon always was nature based and his ability not change the fact that it is not a plant based but nature like.

2. Saryn have a skin but that's all and that itself not validate she is a plant frame because she is not. She is toxic themed and toxical can be anything else.

3. The glass theme itself not mean bizzare form because the glass can be strong and weak too. Still there is no for example crystal, shard, beast, beastmaster, vampyre, pirate etc based frames. And there is no variations there because these themes not mean they won't make another similar themed frame anymore. If I were the DE I would probably use the imaginations and use concepts from peoples and make them on the way as the creators imagined. I don't like the lending idea from here and there when the creators pretty much created a full frame.

And no problem Pigman hope your frame will be in game! Wish good luck and patience!

Thanks for your support! im glad youre on board with flora!

1: i have always thought of oberon as a paladin and the direct opposite to nekros. i guess theyre trying to make him more like a druid? although with abilities like smite, hallowed ground, and reckoning. all of that sounds holy, not really druidic. with harrow here im guessing hes a druid now.

2:while i havent gotten that arguement in a while its still there, with both a plant based alt helm and a plant based skin (that btw looks slightly like an older flora model) she still kinda has that presence. 

3: I have not seen any glass frame abilities yet, but i feel crystals are more geologic, no? the only thing i can imagine it doing is shattering and refracting like. Im pretty sure hydroid is the pirate frame, especially with the 1. i figured valkyr is about as close to a beast frame as DE wants to go. I think we all would use the concept forums a lot if we were DE, theres a lot of great ideas out there that simply go ignored. The problem with the game getting as large as it has, is that its harder to sift through and really looks at the fan concepts and even further tell what is a good idea. You also have to take into consideration, Im not sure if DE has a publisher (I dont think they do, but they might), but they probably have something similar to a publisher but im sure its more "In-House". They have to follow whats popular and if they do focus testing they will follow that more than anything. Its usually a very good way to make money, they are a business after all. I can understand why they wouldnt want to use the direct ideas (and why zephyr looked so different than the fan concept) and thats because the artists still want to do their own thing and express their own creativity.  I could go on and on about this topic but i dont want to rant too much :P.

Thanks friend, i appreciate the luck :P

On 7/29/2017 at 1:20 AM, Otaku_Hyen said:

I understand and that is a good number of touches what you made on this frame then. This is pretty much should be enough to touch further the theme but if you feel you can do retouches anytime. This frame with it's abilities already looks nice and the whole topic well built up so I wish your frame deserves a go to. There is no currently another plant based frame which as popular and as much well designed than flora and with space magic any frame theme can be viable so don't care about the negative critics and nay sayers because there are a larger majority have who wish to play a plant based nicely designed frame. Flower power!

:)

Wish you good luck for this one!

Thanks! to be honest a lot of the remodels i did were also to keep flora relevant. it was a lot of work at times to make sure she was getting seen a lot, hoping that she would eventually get seen by someone in DE and be passed on to whoever makes the sort of decisions to choose the future frames.

Thanks for the support! Glad Flora has such a wonderful following and im simply glad youre all here supporting her with me!

On 8/1/2017 at 5:29 AM, THeMooN85 said:

To be honest I really don't like the design of that frame, everything else seems pretty cool and thought out but her design looks awful. But that's just my personal opinion.

To each their own. The world would be very boring if we all liked the same things :P. 

however i am interested in why you dont like it, just because im curious :P

Just saying hi and it would be nice to see these ideas being one of those 10 frames Scott had seen here.

Oberon and Saryn does their own thing. Titania became a pixie, there is still no true natureframe among them.

Come on Scott. You know you want to :)

Hey arch! 

what 10 frames? i have no recollection of him mentioning such a thing. (though i havent been keeping up with warframe recently :( )

Perhaps we might see flora after all one day?

Edited by MrPigman